OMG ~ 81 MPG on a short trip!!

MomsHugs

Eve, now you are in serious trouble you know, for many reasons. 

To begin with you are setting your own standards - be very careful ! 

Secondly, as Jus would say, you have just cooked any possibility of part time work at CR - only lousy drivers allowed on their toaster vehicle test track.

IT IS JUST NOT POSSIBLE TO GET THAT GOOD OF MILEAGE - they say.

(and it won't over time, but it sure is fun while it lasts, Eh !!!)

Cheers,

Nick

Edited by C-MaxSea

Actually there are 2 routes up to the lake - Hwy 72 & Hwy 77, which would make a nice challenge for a SE Atlantic meet-up! Of course, Paul (PTJones) & Mike (Kelleytoons) might have to take on the challenge of leading each team/caravan of C-Maxii. Lake Russell State Park (7 mi. north of Elberton, GA) would be a beautiful destination point with a huge parking area next to the lake & a Group Shelter that seats 175 ($205). Something to think about! Ciao ~ Moms/Eve

Edited by MomsHugs

• 1 month later...

Great job!

I also broke 80 on a short trip going over a railroad bridge and up 2 hills into our garage. I took a pix but can't figure out how to post. Maybe I need to be on my computer vs ipad.

Gosh, I am over 500 miles for the tank, so have to start thinking of feeding Phantom. LOL as my old Escape would be ready for it's 3rd drink.

Most of my driving is mixed highway and local short trips so haven't tried to hit the magic 600 yet. Looking for an opportunity for some back country driving down stream.

I had 2 good trips the other day.

A 6.9 miler coming in at 66.1 and later a 2 miler at 85.

I snagged a better picture of the 66 mpg so posting this one. Only 99% brake efficiency. I like when I get 100%post-2528-0-93625600-1413800333_thumb.jpg

The picture looks great on my phone but not great on the post - any suggestions welcome. Thanks

Edited by A2gemini

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, A2Gemini, way to go! I finally was able to replicate the 81 MPG I got awhile back the other day on a short trip & wasn't even trying. I reset Trip 1 every time I leave the house. Most of the time I get 43-50 MPG now on my 2nd tank, trying to achieve 600 Miles on it now that the engine is broken in.

However... temps dropped to low 30's the other day causing me to turn on the heat. The flowchart said the heater requires the gas engine to run. Anyone here know why?

Hey, A2Gemini, way to go! I finally was able to replicate the 81 MPG I got awhile back the other day on a short trip & wasn't even trying. I reset Trip 1 every time I leave the house. Most of the time I get 43-50 MPG now on my 2nd tank, trying to achieve 600 Miles on it now that the engine is broken in. However... temps dropped to low 30's the other day causing me to turn on the heat. The flowchart said the heater requires the gas engine to run. Anyone here know why?

Because it uses the hot coolant to heat the heater core to harm up the car. Once the ICE is harm it can run without the ICE running for short time. It is a real MPG killer. Use seat heaters instead, them don't hurt MPG's much. That is why Block and Oil Pan Heaters really help MPG's on short trips. Also Grill Covers allow the ICE to harm up quicker also improving MPG's. :)

Paul

... It is a real MPG killer. ...

+1

Last year, I gave up and took the highway. This year, I'm going to give the back roads another go... and wait until I'm out of warranty in 2015 to install a circulation heater.

I just hate sitting at a red light, and having the engine come on while the car's sitting still. Something I'll have to get used to.

Have fun,

Frank

+1

Last year, I gave up and took the highway. This year, I'm going to give the back roads another go... and wait until I'm out of warranty in 2015 to install a circulation heater.

I just hate sitting at a red light, and having the engine come on while the car's sitting still. Something I'll have to get used to.

Have fun,

Frank

Can you use a Oil Pan Heater? In your cold situation I would close off all the openings at the front of your CMAX. IMO :)

Paul

Hey, A2Gemini, way to go! I finally was able to replicate the 81 MPG I got awhile back the other day on a short trip & wasn't even trying. I reset Trip 1 every time I leave the house. Most of the time I get 43-50 MPG now on my 2nd tank, trying to achieve 600 Miles on it now that the engine is broken in. However... temps dropped to low 30's the other day causing me to turn on the heat. The flowchart said the heater requires the gas engine to run. Anyone here know why?

The Energi version has a separate heating system that runs off the electric (as well as the one connected to the ICE), but that doesn't help us either - it ends up using a huge amount of energy, sometimes maxing out the energy use meter. Those seat heaters are definitely the way to go.