Lack of storage

Thomas Walker

My wife complained about the lack of storage to set her cell phone, sun glasses etc.  I found a pouch that hangs from a hook that attaches to the air ducts.  It does not block the air and stores in the door when she is not in the car.  The lack of nooks and crannies is one of my few complaints about the C-Max.

I got a wired phone cradle/charger installed, which places the phone out of the way but easily used. I throw my keys and wallet in the cup holders. I put the coin holder on the shelf that is inside of the arm rest. I carry my small folding umbrella in the tray that is at the side of the seat. I leave a set of my Rx glasses in the holder above the mirror. I added seat covers that have compartments not only for behind the seat but also on the side of the front seats that face the armrest, and I use this to hold my sunglasses, a seatbelt cutter/window breaker and an emergency light. I carry a few other things in the glove box and armrest, but I try not to jam them with junk. This still leaves the space in the door.

There could always be more, but I don't think that the C-MAX is that bad for storage.

Hey Thomas, welcome & congrats on the new C-Max (???let's see, one post, no location, no car data, looking kinda trolly???) Introduce yourself, your C-Max, and say hello.

Great photo there.  My favorite dash (& old car) is the BMW 2002 (1962 - 1977) - the dash was mostly one open 'cubby'.  I think you may get your wish on the new model in 2017/18 or whatever.  Maybe not;   open, visible storage has a down side, thieves love to see phones, wallets, cameras, money clips, jewelry, coins .................... all out in the open.  The C-Max is a Stealth Fighter with stealthier storage.  Marc & others have touched on these, and there are good threads here on tweaking the deep center console for layered storage if you like. If you did not notice, both front seats in your new C-Max have an open 'cubbie' on the door side, invisible to thieves, for dumping coin & other small items.

Anyway, knowing how clever you are, I think you will come up with reasonable solutions; after all, it is not the cubby that makes the car.  We all do work-arounds with all the cars we own for something.  Alternatively, if you are still looking, that is a nice dash in that 2007, and at that age it should be very cheap to find another, which would be a much better financial decision as well.

Cheers,

Nick

Edited by C-MaxSea

Ditto C-MaxSea aka Nick on total lack of information of OP's complaint. Fess up, Thomas! Your post does seem rather trollish.

My '98 Olds Intrigue has a coin holder that held 3 different size coins, which I'd have kept had I ever used it. The Intrigue had a deep well under the dash, as well as under the armrest for 'stuff' - plus a cup holder ahead of the shift & another cup holder after the shift. It also had a door pocket for maps. So what did I do with all those cubbies? Stuffed them full of 'stuff' - cubbies became litter boxes!

ScubaDad's list of C-Max cubbies is great. However, I made a solemn vow not to stuff mine full of litter again!  

Cheers ~ Moms/Eve

Oh... & the Olds had an ashtray that also served as a coin holder, which took up residence in the glove compartment never to see the light of day or night again... same as that handy-dandy multiple-coin holder.

Edited by MomsHugs

tobe honest,  I can't remember the last time I needed coins...  around here  they have the ezpass,  and all the parking meters take credit cards now, or mobile phone apps...

Eve,  you make a good point.  when I had to clean out the prius before they towed it away.  it was amazing  how much crap I pulled out of the car. 

Yeah, ditto on the junk in cars thing.  More places just means more junk.

And, as I said, I neither need nor carry coins, nor any currency.  Just haven't needed it in so long I don't know under what circumstances I would (and I guess if that happens I'll see if DW has some :>).

So far (SO FAR) Maximis has stayed clean (and I mostly have to get on DW about this -- she's the one who leaves junk in our Durango).

I keep my coins in a peanut butter jar in the door cubby. It fits perfectly, but if the jar gets too full, you end up with a door full of coins every time you slam the door. :)

this would make it allot easier when I want to help out a homeless person and it seems we have plenty here in the sillycorn valley.  I'm going to steal the idea.  Without the peanut butter I should clarify.  :lol2: 

Edited by mtb9153

• 1 month later...

Uh Mike, please excuse the off topic subject, but if you have a lot of homeless people up in sillycorn valley (I thought that was too expensive even for peeps with homes!) and you keep helping them out, perhaps if you DID NOT help them out and everyone kept NOT helping them out, then they would leave sillycorn valley because if you keep giving them money they have no reason to leave and expect you to keep financing their lives.  Thank you for allowing me to rant, we now return you to the normal mode of discussions....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

My new tray from E-Bay/China arrived today. It's much improved over the stock tray and also better than the slightly deeper tray I got from E-Bay/China for my Escape. It says it doesn't fit the C-Max, but obviously it does. Check it out here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221657050447?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

post-2010-0-14648400-1433185705_thumb.jpg  post-2010-0-90066900-1433185716_thumb.jpg  post-2010-0-09340000-1433185731_thumb.jpg