12 volt SOC when using radio and not driving

scottwood2

Hi everyone

Is there a way to monitor the 12 volt battery SOC on the dash?  We are looking at going to a drive- in theater and will use the car audio system to listen to the movie.  Anyway to know when I should turn the car on to recharge the 12 volt battery? 

And yes I took the plunge last night and signed the paperwork to purchase my C-Max.  Picking it up today!   :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

If you just park the car and leave it on it will automatically turn the engine on when you need to charge the battery. It shouldn't run often if you are just parked and only using the audio system. Once the battery gets down low enough the engine will come on to charge the battery, you will be using the high voltage battery this way and not the 12 volt I believe. Others may have other ideas or correct me if i am wrong.

Cheers,

Bruce

Hope they get things back to normal "up there" soon.

Since you're a new owner, I thought I'd mention the 'Door Function Switch' to keep the courtesy lights "off" if someone enters or exits the vehicle during the movie.

You can temporarily turn OFF the door-activated lights with the "C" button on the light as shown on pages 95-96 of the 2013 Owner's Manual. (Don't know about the 2014.)

post-1940-0-89292300-1410040350_thumb.png

Hope they get things back to normal "up there" soon.

Since you're a new owner, I thought I'd mention the 'Door Function Switch' to keep the courtesy lights "off" if someone enters or exits the vehicle during the movie.

You can temporarily turn OFF the door-activated lights with the "C" button on the light as shown on pages 95-96 of the 2013 Owner's Manual. (Don't know about the 2014.)

Screen Shot 2014-09-06 at 5.51.06 PM.png

Good tip. Thx

I guess I should read the manual.

Here's a link to the 2014 pdf version http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/2014-CMAX-Owner-Manual-version-1_OM_EN_11_2013.pdf

It's also available from owner.ford.com, but I don't have a link.

It's MUCH easier to download and search than paging through the printed version!

Definitely easier. I have a copy on each PC for when I Ctrl+F a specific topic. 

• 6 months later...

Activate Engineering Test mode by pressing the left "OK" button on the steering wheel while turning the key to ACC, hold the button until you see a message on the dashboard.   scroll up to see the battery reading, it should be 12.5V when off and about 14.4V when the car is ON.