Maxus gets Faux Carbon Fiber

mtb9153

Wanted to share my latest attempt at personalizing Maxus.  I added Grand Sport Corvette style stripes to the front fenders using faux carbon fiber vinyl sheeting.  Looks pretty good I think.  I also added it to the B Pillar between the front and rear doors.  Also the back of the rear door.  Was tired of that glossy black plastic which scratched over the last two years.  I also applied this vinyl on the front grille below the grille opening.  Take a look...

249E04F4-DA43-4EE7-AD3B-BBCDBC024154_zpsCA9DAB5F-1BDE-45E5-BF8D-33F2B430D4B2_zpsC7EDA169-831E-47E9-B0C9-0409534A0272_zpsDA28AAE4-8E93-4284-85F6-6B059954D462_zpsE401B9F9-4A64-45B1-8330-B64882269663_zps

Looking good Brother Mike.  I definitely like the white, black, red color combo top to toe.  Like the pillar treatment, the red accents really nail it, not sure about the fender stripes overall - just me.  Be careful though, one more racing stripe (zooooom) and you may be permanently relegated to the thirties MPG.  ;)  Euro headlights next I hope.  (((You may want to be the first in line for some performance tuning  :superhero: :superhero: :superhero:   )))

Nick

Edited by C-MaxSea

Nice Brother Mike! I can't believe these posters don't :airquote: like the post #1 more...tough crowd....so I hit u good :)

just got a very favorable message from C-MaxSea and I really appreciate the comments.  Euro headlights ;)  not sure about that unless it can be just a replacement for the factory bulb.  don't want any modification to the housing or wiring.  LOL about the racing stripes comment so far it hasn't caused me to speed, I certainly don't want to be permanently stuck in the 30's range.  I'd like to stay no lower than 44.5 where I am right now but it keeps falling with every start from a stop.  Was up to 63 after doing a fuel reset but has fallen back down to the low 40's

One question:  What is the price difference between plasti-dip-ing and powder coating?  The reason I ask is that on "Wheeler Dealers" (A British 'find an old classic car, fix-it-up and resell it show) these guys took 4 wheels to a company who sanded them down and powder coated them in black.  And it was cheap!  (like 50 quid a wheel - that's about $75 in American)

The difference between Wheeler Dealers and US restoration shows is that instead of focusing on dumb staff conflicts and horseplay, they actually take you inside the vehicle and show you how to remove a muffler or replace a ball joint, etc.  Highly recommended.

• 2 months later...