Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

12V Battery TSB 14-0155

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   drdiesel1

drdiesel1

C-Max Hybrid Member

• Inactive
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationMonterey CA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:57 AM

USB has two data pins and two power pins... the LEDs I've seen on thumb drives are powered by the power pins, regardless of the data - and then flash upon data usage.

Not knowing anything about how it's actually set up... is it possible that the power pins are connected directly to the battery rather than switched via the APIM?

Yes, It would be very possible. It's a draw and that's all I can report on. IDK if it was keeping the buss active or not, but others

have been pointing to that possibility. Either way, the draw stopped pulling my SOC below 75% after unplugging the drive.

That's also the only thing I could verify with my charger. I never tested the parasitic load or verified what the draw was.

Only that it stopped after removing the drive from the port..

Edited by drdiesel1, 11 September 2014 - 12:58 AM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   BobJustBob

BobJustBob

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 102 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationMalvern, Pa.
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford C-Max SE Ingot Silver

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:36 PM

Well, I got this TSB applied this past Tuesday, 30 September.  I will be keeping my fingers crossed that it fixes the problem with the 12-volt battery going dead.

#23 OFFLINE   skibotoo

skibotoo

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:44 AM

About a month ago my MFT when unresponsive.  I could touch the screen, but was unable to control the radio or other functions via the touch screen.  The voice control button didn't work either.  I performed a reset on the MFT, and still was unable to use the touchscreen or voice commands.  I was planning on taking it into the dealer to get it looked at.  Before I was able to schedule the visit with the dealer, my battery was dead after sitting for ~12 hours.  We had nothing plugged into the USB or 110v ports. I got it jump started and the MFT and voice commands returned. I took it into the dealer a couple of weeks later and mentioned this incident, and they performed this TSB.   All has been well now for a couple of days.  Just providing another data point.

#24 OFFLINE   FredGreen

FredGreen

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSeattle
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:04 AM

Is there a way to tell whether my C-Max has had this performed without taking it to the dealer?  Some way to see the IDS verison used to program these modules?

#25 OFFLINE   Dr.Ed

Dr.Ed

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Locationright here
  • Current Vehicle:Energi

Posted 18 December 2015 - 11:17 PM

I had the same problem. Energi built spring of 13.
Was driving and had a glitch. Radio was playing but all touch screen and mechanical controls to radio were inop.
couldnot use voice command, on-off button, volume updown on steering wheel, knob on dash.

Got tomy destination, turned car off. Plugged into 120 charger. Radio would not shut off.

Next day car was dead. 12 volt jump and everything back to normal. All controls work.

Wondering what the glitch was that caused the MFT and all mechanical switches to stop operating.

#26 OFFLINE   GSMacLean

GSMacLean

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 19 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationCleveland
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 22 December 2015 - 01:16 PM

I had the same problem. Energi built spring of 13.
Was driving and had a glitch. Radio was playing but all touch screen and mechanical controls to radio were inop.
couldnot use voice command, on-off button, volume updown on steering wheel, knob on dash.

Got tomy destination, turned car off. Plugged into 120 charger. Radio would not shut off.

Next day car was dead. 12 volt jump and everything back to normal. All controls work.

Wondering what the glitch was that caused the MFT and all mechanical switches to stop operating.

I had this happen a couple times. Pulling the fuse for the MFT (or radio? Forget which) shut it off, then putting the fuse back in caused it to reboot and all was well. After I had them update the MFT/radio firmware, it never happened again.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·