Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Ford C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Memberships

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   C-MAX Hybrid Guide

C-MAX Hybrid Guide

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 80 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMichigan
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:17 PM

Membership Type > Free Lifetime
Basic Platinum *
Ford C-MAX Hybrid Profile Logo No Yes
Ford C-MAX Hybrid Window Decal No Yes (x2)
Ford C-Max Key Chain No Yes
Apparel and Merchandise Discounts No Yes
Colored Group User Name No Yes
Club Forum Access No Yes
Fewer Display Ads No Yes
In Text Advertisements Yes No
Signature Size 500x150 500X200
Photos in Signature 1 3
Photo Albums 1 2
Photos Per Album 25 100
Total Photo Gallery Images 25 200
Create Priviate Albums No Yes
Create Friend only Albums No Yes
Per Post Upload Limit 5 Megs 10 Megs
Global Upload Limit 5 Megs Unlimited
Sidebar Off (Topic & Forum View) No Yes
Personal Message Storage 25 250
Personal Messages Sent per Day 10 50
Cost $0.00 $24.99
Free One-Time
Join Here Join Here

More Features and How to Join

4310.png 

^ Ad network placement ads and link ads will no longer appear toward the top of the page. 

4310-2.png

^ Platinum members will receive a special logo and member I.D.

4310-3.png 

^ Platinum members, which are online will also be highlighted on the users online list. 

4310-4.png 

^ To join, click on the "C-MAX Platinum" link toward the top of any page. 
4310-5.png 

^ Choose the "C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member" and then click the "Continue to select a payment method" button. 

4310-6.png 

^ Click on the "PayPal OR Amex., Discover, MC, Visa" button and then the "Continue" button. Please note that you DO NOT have to have a PayPal account in order to purchase this membership.

4310-7.png 

^ Click on the "PayPal" button.  Note that you DO NOT have to have a PayPal account in order to purchase this membership.

4310-8.png 

^ If you do not wish to pay with PayPal, simply click on the "Don't Have A PayPal account" link.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   kostby

kostby

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 555 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Hybrid SE

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:48 AM

Membership Type > Free Lifetime   Basic Platinum * Ford C-MAX Hybrid Profile Logo No Yes Ford C-MAX Hybrid Window Decal No Yes (x2) Ford C-Max Key Chain No Yes Apparel and Merchandise Discounts No Yes Colored Group User Name No Yes Club Forum Access No Yes Fewer Display Ads No Yes In Text Advertisements Yes No Signature Size 500x150 500X200 Photos in Signature 1 3 Photo Albums 1 2 Photos Per Album 25 100 Total Photo Gallery Images 25 200 Create Priviate Albums No Yes Create Friend only Albums No Yes Per Post Upload Limit 5 Megs 10 Megs Global Upload Limit 5 Megs Unlimited Sidebar Off (Topic & Forum View) No Yes Personal Message Storage 25 250 Personal Messages Sent per Day 10 50 Cost $0.00 $24.99   Free One-Time   Join Here Join Here

This is a useful forum for me now, and likely for as long as we own our Ford C-MAX Hybrid.

I have no problem with now choosing either

1) to limit my forum presence with a 'free' membership 

-OR- 

2) to purchase a 'paid' membership for access to certain premium forum features.

I AM EXTREMELY SKEPTICAL of any "Lifetime" membership offer with a "One-Time" fee of just US$24.99 when I know that the costs of hosting a growing online forum community absolutely WILL increase over time.

Can you direct me to the specific terms and conditions to which both the Forum owner and I agree when I pay that "One-Time" US$24.99 fee in exchange for a "Lifetime" Platinum Membership fee?

#3 OFFLINE   Marc Smith

Marc Smith

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Facebook
  • 541 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationNorthern VA
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:41 AM

rather than ask for platinum member ships  why not  ask for donations?

• Robert Fugate likes this

#4 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 494 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationMinneapolis
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium, 2013 Focus Electric, my parents have a C-Max Energi

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:13 AM

What will happen to your signature when these changes take effect if you have more than one image now?

#5 OFFLINE   mtb9153

mtb9153

Brother Mike (a.k.a. mtb9153)

• 1,529 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationS.F. South Bay Area, Ca.
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL with 303A, with Panoramic window using GasPods on the roof, born 9/9/12

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:27 PM

I guess those two refund checks have come back to haunt us in the form of a membership to use this forum? ;)

• ScubaDadMiami and Robert Fugate like this

#6 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

C-Max Hybrid Member

• Moderators
  • 132 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:11 PM

This is a useful forum for me now, and likely for as long as we own our Ford C-MAX Hybrid.

I have no problem with now choosing either

1) to limit my forum presence with a 'free' membership 

-OR- 

2) to purchase a 'paid' membership for access to certain premium forum features.

I AM EXTREMELY SKEPTICAL of any "Lifetime" membership offer with a "One-Time" fee of just US$24.99 when I know that the costs of hosting a growing online forum community absolutely WILL increase over time.

Can you direct me to the specific terms and conditions to which both the Forum owner and I agree when I pay that "One-Time" US$24.99 fee in exchange for a "Lifetime" Platinum Membership fee?

See the fourth heading here.  

The site has indeed grown over time, however, it's much, much smaller than other ones using the same setup. Thus, we don't expect to see any performance issues for literally years.

rather than ask for platinum member ships  why not  ask for donations?

Marc - we don't need funding to keep the site going.  This is really for people who wish to get a little more from the site.

What will happen to your signature when these changes take effect if you have more than one image now?

From what we were told, this won't effect signatures and images within signatures for legacy users and it does not seem to have.

When a user goes into their profile to edit such though, they won't be able to exceed to max.

I guess those two refund checks have come back to haunt us in the form of a membership to use this forum? ;)

How did you arrive at that? :headscratch:   This forum is still free to use.  :shoppingcart_:

Edited by robertlane, 10 September 2014 - 02:14 PM.

• ptjones and Jus-A-CMax like this

#7 OFFLINE   Jus-A-CMax

Jus-A-CMax

Brother Jus

• Moderators
  • 3,246 posts
  • LocationSan Fernando, CA
  • Current Vehicle:SEL

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:22 PM

Hey RobertLane - A BIG THANK YOU for all of us for providing us this great website that we can all talk CMax!!!!!!!!! 

I think this is one of the most trafficked all-things CMax :drool: 

Way to go RL! :rockon:  

• JAZ likes this

#8 OFFLINE   ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 1,408 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida
  • Current Vehicle:SEL, 303A, Panoramic Roof

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:20 PM

I went for it. I am not entirely clear on the photo/album conditions. It says that you go from 100 to 200, but it says that the global upload is unlimited. I paid up, mostly because I don't want to add photos to photo bucket before posting.

I like to add photos of my C-MAX and its adventures. I want unlimited albums and photos. Please explain how the above differs or is the same. It sounds like payment doubles the total amount of photos I can upload, but that I am capped at 200, no matter where I have the photos/no matter how many albums I create. That would be a great disappointment.

Edited by ScubaDadMiami, 12 September 2014 - 12:20 PM.

#9 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

C-Max Hybrid Member

• Moderators
  • 132 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:57 AM

I went for it. I am not entirely clear on the photo/album conditions. It says that you go from 100 to 200, but it says that the global upload is unlimited. I paid up, mostly because I don't want to add photos to photo bucket before posting.

I like to add photos of my C-MAX and its adventures. I want unlimited albums and photos. Please explain how the above differs or is the same. It sounds like payment doubles the total amount of photos I can upload, but that I am capped at 200, no matter where I have the photos/no matter how many albums I create. That would be a great disappointment.

Sorry for the late reply.  

The global upload per topic for platinum members is unlimited as are the size(s) of the photos.

You're allowed 2 albums with 100 photos in each album.

It's interesting that you mention unlimited albums, because that's what I like to see as well.  

Let me see about unlimited albums becoming possible. . .I'm with you on that ;)

#10 OFFLINE   ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 1,408 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida
  • Current Vehicle:SEL, 303A, Panoramic Roof

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:55 PM

Sorry for the late reply.  

The global upload per topic for platinum members is unlimited as are the size(s) of the photos.

You're allowed 2 albums with 100 photos in each album.

It's interesting that you mention unlimited albums, because that's what I like to see as well.  

Let me see about unlimited albums becoming possible. . .I'm with you on that ;)

I would be very happy to have unlimited albums with 200 photos in each. As you see, I do post a number of pics of my adventures. It would be great to have an album per adventure, so that everything is not all lumped in to one or two.

Awaiting your good news! :)

#11 OFFLINE   zalusky

zalusky

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 142 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Vehicle:Ford CMAX SEL

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:26 AM

I might consider a platinum membership if they would support Tapatalk but that conversation seems to be banned.

#12 ONLINE   obob

obob

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 574 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SE

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:35 PM

I would be very happy to have unlimited albums with 200 photos in each. As you see, I do post a number of pics of my adventures. It would be great to have an album per adventure, so that everything is not all lumped in to one or two.

Awaiting your good news! :)

The way I see it, the pictures posted by members are mostly out of generosity to help others.  It is not like people are using them to store their pictures.  So the features of platinum I would think would be things that benefit the platinum user themselves, not features that help others.

#13 OFFLINE   Jus-A-CMax

Jus-A-CMax

Brother Jus

• Moderators
  • 3,246 posts
  • LocationSan Fernando, CA
  • Current Vehicle:SEL

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:37 PM

I might consider a platinum membership if they would support Tapatalk but that conversation seems to be banned.

..not by me. I haven't come across any tapatalk discussions for sometime now. 

#14 OFFLINE   zalusky

zalusky

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 142 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Vehicle:Ford CMAX SEL

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:24 PM

..not by me. I haven't come across any tapatalk discussions for sometime now. 

I guess what I meant was that many requested it and there never was any official response by the forum administrators.  As a result I think people have given up.  I refuse to come here when I am on my tablet.  I only use tapatalk to view forums on my tablet and all the other forums I visit support it.

They say its a simple plugin on the server side.

I think if you did a survey you get a solidly favorable response.

#15 OFFLINE   Plus 3 Golfer

Plus 3 Golfer

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,815 posts
  • Location"Valley of the Sun" - AZ
  • Current Vehicle:2013

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:59 PM

The way I see it, the pictures posted by members are mostly out of generosity to help others.  It is not like people are using them to store their pictures.  So the features of platinum I would think would be things that benefit the platinum user themselves, not features that help others.

Agree.  I'm not going to pay to post pics / snippets /.attachments that are meant to help others. So, as I did prior when I got a message of exceeding some storage limit, I just deleted my pics / snippets / attachments added prior to the previous delete of such as I was "over" the pic limit already. I'm not going to clutter up my other photo storage accounts nor home computers with stuff that doesn't benefit me.  

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·