Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Recall 14E02

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   boilermax

boilermax

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 26 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SE

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:55 PM

My wife took Max to the dealer when the airbag light came on.  They're replacing the airbag control module.

While there, the advisor told her that a power train recall would be done, too.  I looked on the ETIS site and found this:  

14E02 - POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE REPROGRAMMING

Does anyone know anything about this recall?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   kostby

kostby

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 553 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Hybrid SE

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:21 PM

Just showed up in my etis.ford.com vehicle profile today also. I just checked ETIS yesterday, and it wasn't yet listed.

EDIT: 2013 C-MAX SE, built April 2013

Edited by kostby, 17 September 2014 - 11:47 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   Bill-N

Bill-N

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 637 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationConnecticut
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:29 PM

Me too.

#4 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 494 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationMinneapolis
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium, 2013 Focus Electric, my parents have a C-Max Energi

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:15 PM

What is it?

#5 OFFLINE   bro1999

bro1999

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 75 posts
  • LocationMD
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:23 PM

Same for me and my '13 Energi.

#6 OFFLINE   Russell Fried

Russell Fried

• C-MAX Hybrid Facebook
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:36 PM

Noting listed for mine. Build date 4/14.

#7 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 36 posts
  • Region:North Africa
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Titanium Energi x 2

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:53 AM

I found the below on the Fusion Hybrid forum:

REASON FOR THIS EMISSION RECALL

In some of the affected vehicles, the On-board Diagnostic (OBD-II) system may be inhibited when Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P24BC is set by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). When DTC P24BC is set, the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) will not illuminate to alert the driver of a potential impact to vehicle emission control systems.

#8 OFFLINE   boilermax

boilermax

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 26 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SE

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:19 AM

Thanks jeff_h.  If that's the same reason for the C-Max then I won't worry too much.  I was concerned that a power train reprogramming may impact mileage - perhaps negatively.

Right now I'm very happy with my mileage.  I just got back from a trip from Raleigh to DC and back where I averaged 45 mpg on I-85 and I-95.

• jeff_h likes this

#9 OFFLINE   mxanotcar

mxanotcar

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 48 posts
  • Locationus
  • Current Vehicle:BAD CMAX

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:08 PM

I had the recent 14E02 PCM regrogramming done yesterday during the oil change service and a recall reprogramming restraint module.  Did not know what was it for until read the above.  It look like it has no impact on the mileage.  However, I noticed after the update, when the key in the accessary mode, the orange engine icon light was on like it usually does, and the after a second or two it flashes repeatedly 7 times, and after those flashing it stops.  I did not notice this flashing 7 times before the recent update.

Do those engine light flashes mean anything?

• normski likes this

#10 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 36 posts
  • Region:North Africa
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Titanium Energi x 2

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:45 AM

ScreenShot2014-09-17at113509PM_zpsd04789

• jdbob likes this

#11 OFFLINE   Larry Ickes

Larry Ickes

• C-MAX Hybrid Facebook
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:32 PM

is it just me or is Ford giving anyone else the run-a-round about this control module recall? when it came out I asked the dealership and was told the fix was not due out until the 3rd quarter of 2015... yet reading some of these posts as well as additional owner info it seems that many of these control modules have already been replaced? why would it be a year for me, but many others are getting fixed right away??? I heard they said the ones in the "higher humidity" climates they are getting done first but come on a year to wait for a recall fix "unless something happens".. bunch of crap...

#12 OFFLINE   Zathrus

Zathrus

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 74 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIllinois
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:57 PM

is it just me or is Ford giving anyone else the run-a-round about this control module recall? when it came out I asked the dealership and was told the fix was not due out until the 3rd quarter of 2015... yet reading some of these posts as well as additional owner info it seems that many of these control modules have already been replaced? why would it be a year for me, but many others are getting fixed right away??? I heard they said the ones in the "higher humidity" climates they are getting done first but come on a year to wait for a recall fix "unless something happens".. bunch of crap...

Recall 14E02 involves reprogramming the PCM only, and can currently be performed by your dealer.  The recall you are referring to above is another recall (14S21) that replaces the Restraints Control Module hardware (see below link):   http://fordcmaxhybri...control +module  

As mentioned in above link, RCM availability is limited at the moment. 14S21 states dealers are to immediately replace RCM's for vehicles that exhibit airbag light fault only...other's that do not have airbag light fault will have to wait until mid 2015 once more modules are available.

Edited by Zathrus, 20 November 2014 - 08:23 AM.

#13 OFFLINE   ArizonaEnergi

ArizonaEnergi

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 428 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationArizona
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi 302A

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:43 PM

I'm going in next week for my first oil change (11,000 miles (4,800 ICE) - 22 months - no maintenance message) and to have three recalls taken care of:
14S04 - REPROGRAM RESTRAINTS CONTROL MODULE
14E02 - POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE REPROGRAMMING
14S21 - RESTRAINTS CONTROL MODULE REPLACEMENT

My SR didn't say anything about not having the module in stock. More Wednesday afternoon!

Edited by ArizonaEnergi, 16 November 2014 - 03:44 PM.

#14 OFFLINE   ArizonaEnergi

ArizonaEnergi

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 428 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:03 AM

Well, we had the three recalls done today, or rather tried to. They did two involving the re-programming but sure enough they did not do the module replacement as the module had to be ordered. My service guy could not tell me how long it would take to get it, but it's rather irritating that another trip/day will be required to finish the repair.

#15 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 494 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium, 2013 Focus Electric, my parents have a C-Max Energi

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:49 AM

Well, we had the three recalls done today, or rather tried to. They did two involving the re-programming but sure enough they did not do the module replacement as the module had to be ordered. My service guy could not tell me how long it would take to get it, but it's rather irritating that another trip/day will be required to finish the repair.

It shouldn't be. Ford said in the letters they sent to owners that you should not take your car in for the 14S21 recall unless the airbag light is on. There is currently a limited supply of parts and they'll notify owners when parts are available for all cars. For now the only cars that get repaired are ones with the airbag light on.

#16 OFFLINE   ArizonaEnergi

ArizonaEnergi

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 428 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:18 AM

I missed that statement in the recall letter but it probably wouldn't have changed our service as it was time for an oil change and there were two other recall items to be taken care of. But knowing that would have prevented the surprise over them not having the part.

BTW, the re-programming reset my "frequent destinations" locations. Going to do the 12 on-off dance in the garage for the one that matters.

#17 OFFLINE   maxismad

maxismad

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Hybrid

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:28 AM

This was in my email box today.

In addition, your vehicle is also involved in an Emissions Recall.

Program Number:  14E02

Part Name:   Powertrain Control Module Reprogramming

Under certain conditions, emission-related monitors on your vehicle may be disabled without illuminating the “service engine soon” indicator lamp to warn you of an emission control malfunction.

Please call your dealer without delay and request a service date for Recall 14E02.

Thank you for contacting Ford of Canada.

#18 OFFLINE   mtb9153

mtb9153

Brother Mike (a.k.a. mtb9153)

• 1,527 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationS.F. South Bay Area, Ca.
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL with 303A, with Panoramic window using GasPods on the roof, born 9/9/12

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:27 PM

I have received multiple letters to make arrangements to bring Maxus in for service on safety recalls 14S21 and 14S04.  I'm over due for my latest service, so I'll have to surrender Maxus to the stealership soon ;)

• Smiling Jack likes this

#19 OFFLINE   Smiling Jack

Smiling Jack

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 268 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Vehicle:c-max energialso

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:48 PM

I have received multiple letters to make arrangements to bring Maxus in for service on safety recalls 14S21 and 14S04.  I'm over due for my latest service, so I'll have to surrender Maxus to the stealership soon ;)

As we say here in Texas, don't feel like the Lone Ranger.

I share your delay pattern and trepidation.

#20 OFFLINE   mtb9153

mtb9153

Brother Mike (a.k.a. mtb9153)

• 1,527 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationS.F. South Bay Area, Ca.
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL with 303A, with Panoramic window using GasPods on the roof, born 9/9/12

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:13 PM

Smiling Jack, I'm originally from Houston where I was born many moons ago.  Don't think I've heard that particular reference but I like it.  Got to call the stealership since I'm way over due for my next oil change.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·