Black rims and grill complete

scottwood2

Hi everyone and thx again to many here for the tips and sharing the Plasti-dip experience.  

My Max now has a black grill and rims.  The grill has one coat of glossifier on it and the wheels are just straight Plasti-dip.  I love how it turned out.  I did have some problems with taping off the open areas of the grill and the paint lines where its was masked do show.  Not sure what to do with this?  My thoughts are to either touch it up by painting the area that were missed by brush or getting thinner and removing the Plasti-dip in that area.  As long as the lines are clean I think either of these should work.  Not sure what others have done with masking this area off?   

Anyway, We drove to Detroit and I took some photos near the old train station here.  What a change to the look of the car.  I really like the new look.  

C Max 2014 0920 1628 001

C Max 2014 0920 1627 001

C Max 2014 0920 1625 001

C Max 2014 0920 1622 001

Hi everyone and thx again to many here for the tips and sharing the Plasti-dip experience.  

My Max now has a black grill and rims.  The grill has one coat of glossifier on it and the wheels are just straight Plasti-dip.  I love how it turned out.  I did have some problems with taping off the open areas of the grill and the paint lines where its was masked do show.  Not sure what to do with this?  My thoughts are to either touch it up by painting the area that were missed by brush or getting thinner and removing the Plasti-dip in that area.  As long as the lines are clean I think either of these should work.  Not sure what others have done with masking this area off?   

Anyway, We drove to Detroit and I took some photos near the old train station here.  What a change to the look of the car.  I really like the new look.  

Very Very nice scottwood2 I love the stealthy look and the black on the wheels a big :thumbsup: really goes well with the all black paint.

Edited by mtb9153

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...