Where is the money$

rjam

Hi

I have a CMAX purchased from my Ford dealer Certified used in November. When I saw on this forum that there was a lower MPG than advertised and Ford had promised a check I thought what a good deal. Went to Ford and checked my vin qualified I then went to the site recommended on this forum that lists the recalls by vin number. My vin listed this rebate. I called Ford customer service when this offer first started to check with them that the information with my name and address was the listed owner. They said absolutely correct info. I have not received a check. Called three times with no help. Told to wait. Come on. It's the end of September and no check. Has anyone else missed out? I know. Call October 1st. Not good. Deems by now if you called they could see if the check was issued. Ouch!

According to the Ford website, current and past owners will both get a check, see below.    I'm still waiting on a check for a Fusion Hybrid that I bought new but no longer have... 7 days left until the end of Sept so I guess mine and the OP's are going down to the wire.

• Will I get a goodwill payment if I already sold my car?
    Yes. We intend to provide goodwill payments to current and previous owners of the six affected vehicles.
  • When will I receive my check?
    We will start issuing goodwill payments at the end of June and we anticipate all checks will be received by the end of September.

http://www.ford.com/mpglabel/

Read OP's post though -- he bought it used. Certified Used, but used none the less. I've seen nowhere on the interwebs where anyone who bought a C-Max used has gotten any payment. 

"current and previous owners" -- wouldn't that mean that in order for there to be a 'previous' owner, the 'current' owner would have purchased it used?  Otherwise wouldn't Ford have just noted that 'original' owners were eligible?

I think that means if YOU owned a CMAX but had already sold it. You would then be the previous owner due the rebate because your sticker would have had the old MPG when you purchased it.

That could be, but seems ambiguous compared to just saying 'original' purchasers, whether they still owned the car or not.

"current and previous owners" -- wouldn't that mean that in order for there to be a 'previous' owner, the 'current' owner would have purchased it used?  Otherwise wouldn't Ford have just noted that 'original' owners were eligible?

Yes, I agree with Wnuk.  I may be wrong and Ford could have been clearer but that's how I read the document..

I doubt Ford will make Good Will payments to all owners of the vehicle.  The Monroney Sticker and EPA fuel economy rating are required for NEW vehicles and really not applicable for used vehicles.  So, the fact that one enters a VIN doesn't mean they get a payment if they are not the original owner.

Within the context of the document and question, I believe that only the "original" owners get the payment and that the question raised and answer is for clarification for those that have sold their C-Max.  So in that context, the reference to "current" owners means original owners that have not sold their C-Max and previous owner means original owners that have sold their C-Max. 

Hi

Thanks for the input. I did call Ford customer service and I have an email that assures me that I am entitled to receive the goodwill offer. I was told that the original owner and the current owner will receive payment. They have used my vin number and checked it out informing me that it is my name and address on the list. They just haven't sent the check. :). Still love the CMAX.

That could be, but seems ambiguous compared to just saying 'original' purchasers, whether they still owned the car or not.

Depends on how you understand it, but carrying that assumption forward it sounds like we should then expect Ford to to continue to send rebate checks to anyone that ever buys a used C-Max that had originally qualified for the rebate in the first place. "Hey Ford, it's 2018 and I just bought a used 2013 C-Max. Where's my rebate check?" Where would the madness stop?  :drool:

Edited by RobMax

I  called ford about 2 weeks ago.  I bought my cmax used from a honda dealership.    Ford claims I am due to receive a check...  They also explained that  tracking down the owners via vehcile registrations and such  takes  abit more time.  My dilemma was that I purchased he car  before the deadline in one state and was issued temp tags.  but I was not able not register my car in my state until after i got the clear title, which was after the deadline.  So  I can understand the difficulty of following a paper trail  for tens of thousands vehicles nationwide.

They said  if I don't get a check by the end of september  to call them back.

I'm not concerned.  I have proof of ownership before the deadline, they have a case file already opened for me.

Depends on how you understand it, but carrying that assumption forward it sounds like we should then expect Ford to to continue to send rebate checks to anyone that ever buys a used C-Max that had originally qualified for the rebate in the first place. "Hey Ford, it's 2018 and I just bought a used 2013 C-Max. Where's my rebate check?" Where would the madness stop?  :drool:

Back in June/July 2014 when they set the cutoff date, correct?

Hi

Thanks for the input. I did call Ford customer service and I have an email that assures me that I am entitled to receive the goodwill offer. I was told that the original owner and the current owner will receive payment. They have used my vin number and checked it out informing me that it is my name and address on the list. They just haven't sent the check. :). Still love the CMAX.

Wow, straight from the horse's mouth. I'm a believer then. Good on you and Marc Smith for getting the facts straight and updating us all. 

...  I've seen nowhere on the interwebs where anyone who bought a C-Max used has gotten any payment. 

We're second owners, and we received the $475 check directly this time.

We owned the car at the time of the first rebate, but the ownership transfer hadn't reached Ford so they sent the check to my deceased Father-in-law's estate. (We inherited ours.)

Have fun,

Frank

Read OP's post though -- he bought it used. Certified Used, but used none the less. I've seen nowhere on the interwebs where anyone who bought a C-Max used has gotten any payment. 

A number of FFH owners who bought their cars used have already received checks. Ford appears to be sending the checks out in batches. Current owners first, then former owners. Perhaps people who bought used will be the last group to receive their checks.

• 3 weeks later...

I still have no check. I was told by Ford that they would have no info until Oct 1st but I would receive a check. Now they want a copy of my sales contract to prove I purchased it in May 2014. I have emailed this info to Ford. Called the person that had given me a case number. She does not return my calls. This is nuts that I had to prove that I purchased in May since a) I had a recall done in May 2) I registered with Ford Touch site in May 3) I ran the Ford system check using sync in May. They are not so good at goodwill!, they have taken a positive and made a negative. I had emailed Ford when the Goodwill offer came out and have three emails assuring me I was shown as the registered owner and my address was correct in the system. Poor poor customer service.

I still have no check. I was told by Ford that they would have no info until Oct 1st but I would receive a check. Now they want a copy of my sales contract to prove I purchased it in May 2014. I have emailed this info to Ford. Called the person that had given me a case number. She does not return my calls. This is nuts that I had to prove that I purchased in May since a) I had a recall done in May 2) I registered with Ford Touch site in May 3) I ran the Ford system check using sync in May. They are not so good at goodwill!, they have taken a positive and made a negative. I had emailed Ford when the Goodwill offer came out and have three emails assuring me I was shown as the registered owner and my address was correct in the system. Poor poor customer service.

Still no check for me either... so I sent email to Ford Customer Service on Sep 30, got the below:

My name is Aaron, I am from Ford`s Customer Relationship Center (CRC).  I have reviewed your email regarding your goodwill payment.

I am sorry you have not received your check as of yet.  Please contact our Ford Fleet department, as they are handling any issues or concerns regarding the goodwill payment checks.  Their phone number is 1-800-343-5338.

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company.

---------------------------

So I gave it some more time (saw post in a different thread where someone was told by Ford to give it another week), finally yesterday I called the above number for Ford Fleet... the first thing they say is if you are calling about the fuel economy issue, press 5.  That gives voicemail that says "please leave a detailed message and we will get back to you within one business day"... so I left the detailed message with my phone and email, but they must have long business days there as I haven't heard back from anyone.

Hi. I was given a case number and a number for a rep but it is just a waste of time since they don't return the call. Will kep you posted. Wish you luck. Seems the Ford computer that sent the bulk is a better customer service rep than a real person