Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Recall 14S21 - Restraint Control Module

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   obob

obob

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 483 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationUS
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • My C-MAX's Color:White Platinum
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SE

Posted 15 September 2015 - 05:37 PM

Do you have an appointment set up, obob? 

Meagan

No I don't so I may have been to quick to say the parts are ready.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   JohnnOhio

JohnnOhio

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 490 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationOhio
  • My C-MAX's Color:Ingot Silver
  • Current Vehicle:C Max SEL and GMC Canyon and 1956 Ford 860 tractor

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:11 PM

Just had mine replaced 2 weeks ago. Took about 3 hours.

#23 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 354 posts
  • LocationDearborn, Michigan
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • My C-MAX's Color:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Model T

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:41 AM

No I don't so I may have been to quick to say the parts are ready.

When you set up an appointment, please let me know, along with your year and mileage. I'll check out some options.

Meagan

#24 OFFLINE   ArizonaEnergi

ArizonaEnergi

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 428 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationArizona
  • My C-MAX's Color:Sterling Gray
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi 302A

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:08 AM

I have an appointment to do the Emission Recall 15E03 and the Restraints Control Module Replacement 14S21 next week.  SA said they finally have the module in stock.  I think it was about 9 months ago that I first went in for the 14S21 work and he said they had to order it.  He never called to say "the one with your name on it has come in", but that's okay.

#25 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 354 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:56 PM

I have an appointment to do the Emission Recall 15E03 and the Restraints Control Module Replacement 14S21 next week.  SA said they finally have the module in stock.  I think it was about 9 months ago that I first went in for the 14S21 work and he said they had to order it.  He never called to say "the one with your name on it has come in", but that's okay.

I can also look into how to help things run smoothly for you as well, ArizonaEnergi. Just PM me your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location, and I'll get on it. :)

Meagan

#26 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 474 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • My C-MAX's Color:Ice Storm
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 16 September 2015 - 08:04 PM

Have we found out the status of parts for this recall?

#27 OFFLINE   ArizonaEnergi

ArizonaEnergi

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 428 posts
  • LocationArizona
  • My C-MAX's Color:Sterling Gray
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi 302A

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:02 PM

My service advisor said they are in stock.

#28 OFFLINE   rjam

rjam

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 179 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationUsa
  • My C-MAX's Year:2015
  • My C-MAX's Color:Magnetic
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX SEL

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:18 PM

I had the recall done yesterday. I did not receive the letter saying the part was now in. I had to follow up and call the dealer. the dealers receptioness tried to tell me the car would have to come in for a diagnostic before the recall could be done so they would be assured Ford would cover the part replacement. Took ten minutes going around with her until she checked with managment then finally she set up the appointment all seems fine now. job is finally done.

#29 OFFLINE   homestead

homestead

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest
  • My C-MAX's Color:Ruby Red
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid SEL

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:32 PM

Took my car in a couple weeks ago , took a week to get the part in and a few hours to install.

#30 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 354 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:22 AM

Have we found out the status of parts for this recall?

Will you be heading in to have this taken care of, raadsel? I can help get the ball rolling.

Meagan

#31 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 474 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:50 PM

Will you be heading in to have this taken care of, raadsel? I can help get the ball rolling.

Meagan

If the parts are now widely available, I'll make an appointment to get it done in the next few weeks. Since I've not had an issue, I just want to make sure that there is now sufficient inventory.

#32 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 354 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:33 PM

If the parts are now widely available, I'll make an appointment to get it done in the next few weeks. Since I've not had an issue, I just want to make sure that there is now sufficient inventory.

Sounds good. If you'd like me to jump in, just PM your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location. :)

Meagan

#33 OFFLINE   cbharvest

cbharvest

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 14 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationSt. Michaels, MD
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid, SEL

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:11 PM

So, how do we know if a dealer addressed all of the recalls for our cars and how do we keep track of all they need? I bought a 2013 SE with 4,000 miles 16 months ago and it had recalls, one recently, two before I bought it. I see no evidence anywhere that they've been addressed, but I really don't know how to tell. The sales guy said, oh yea, it's been done, but he didn't know anything about the C-Max. I was telling him all about them! I guess I don't really trust the dealership here in this one-horse, pick-up-driving town, either. Is there an easy way to figure this out? Thanks. 

#34 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 474 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:47 PM

So, how do we know if a dealer addressed all of the recalls for our cars and how do we keep track of all they need? I bought a 2013 SE with 4,000 miles 16 months ago and it had recalls, one recently, two before I bought it. I see no evidence anywhere that they've been addressed, but I really don't know how to tell. The sales guy said, oh yea, it's been done, but he didn't know anything about the C-Max. I was telling him all about them! I guess I don't really trust the dealership here in this one-horse, pick-up-driving town, either. Is there an easy way to figure this out? Thanks. 

To find out about any recalls that need to be done, go to owner.ford.com, select the "Service & Maintenance" tab and, underneath it select "Recalls". You can either create an account or you can just enter the VIN of your car, and it will show you the recalls that still need to be performed. 

The link above should take you directly to the Recalls page.

Edited by raadsel, 01 October 2015 - 04:48 PM.

#35 OFFLINE   Bill-N

Bill-N

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 615 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 02 October 2015 - 01:58 PM

Sorry, but the simple answer is no.

There are various ways, the ford etis site is one, that will show you what Ford believes needs to be done (e.g. open recalls).  So far as I am aware, there is no independent, owner-friendly way to determine what software version is installed in each of the 30-odd programmable modules.  Nor is there anyway to determine what the version should be.

FYI, here's the list of possible modules for my 2013 SEL.  Interestingly, the restraints control module, the subject of this recall and obviously programmable, isn't even listed.

Attached File  Capture.JPG   65.46KB   0 downloads

Ford, are you listening?  I have a suggestion: have the vehicle health report list all modules and their software version.

#36 OFFLINE   kostby

kostby

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 539 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • My C-MAX's Color:White Platinum
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Hybrid SE

Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:55 PM

Although the Description field in your screenshot shows 'unknown', what do the letters RCM in your list suggest? Restraint Control Module, perhaps?

The FordService reps here keep TRYING to direct us to the proper US site, owner.ford.com, as mentioned by raadsel above.

ETIS is ABSOLUTELY NOT the authorized Ford site for reliable information on United States Ford C-MAX vehicles.

If you click on Help at ETIS, you'll see: "Information not applicable or not available in your market. Please contact your local Ford National Sales Company (NSC) for further assistance."

If you look up your VIN on ETIS, it's highly likely that your non-Energi 2013 Ford C-MAX Hybrid SEL is listed as a 2014 C-MAX Energi.

Yes, I hear your suggestion that consumers SHOULD be able to see what software and hardware versions are installed in their vehicles. But absolutely NOT on a free public website, just by entering no more owner or dealership identification than a VIN number!

#37 OFFLINE   homestead

homestead

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 364 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:46 PM

I like using the FordETIS website it has worked well for tracking recalls for the past 2 years.  You don't have to login,

just enter your vin which your browser stores. Recalls disappear off of the webpage a couple days after they are completed.

The Energi bug appeared last year , I just ignore it.

#38 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 474 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:10 PM

I like using the FordETIS website it has worked well for tracking recalls for the past 2 years.  You don't have to login,

just enter your vin which your browser stores. Recalls disappear off of the webpage a couple days after they are completed.

The Energi bug appeared last year , I just ignore it.

So far as I can tell, it is the same at owner.ford.com. You don't need to sign in, or even have an account, to find the recall information.

As an example, I just went to a local ford dealer's website and found a C-Max they have for sale and checked what recalls need to be done on owner.ford.com. Using a web browser I don't typically use and not being signed into the owner.ford.com website, it shows the vehicle requires:

• VIN: 1FADP5AU6FL116943
  • FSA Title: 2015 MODEL YEAR ESCAPE, FOCUS, AND C-MAX BODY CONTROL MODULE REPROGRAMMING
  • Field Service Action Number: 15C06

Edited by raadsel, 02 October 2015 - 05:11 PM.

#39 OFFLINE   homestead

homestead

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 364 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:23 PM

Yes that site works as well, here is the link for Recalls on owner.ford.com

#40 OFFLINE   Bill-N

Bill-N

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 615 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 03 October 2015 - 08:32 AM

Although the Description field in your screenshot shows 'unknown', what do the letters RCM in your list suggest? Restraint Control Module, perhaps?

I stand corrected.  I looked but didn't see.

But I still like, and will continue to use and recommend, etis.  And I still believe the configuration of my vehicle should be easily obtainable.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·