Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Recall 14S21 - Restraint Control Module

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   bob61571

bob61571

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 19 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIllinois
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SE

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:50 AM

Just received Ford Recall letter on 14S21 here in Central Illinois on 20 October 2015.  Letter said that parts are now available , with estimated repair time of One Half day.  Similar to any one else's experience on any of this???

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 354 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationDearborn, Michigan
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Model T

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:24 PM

Just received Ford Recall letter on 14S21 here in Central Illinois on 20 October 2015.  Letter said that parts are now available , with estimated repair time of One Half day.  Similar to any one else's experience on any of this???

Hi bob61571,

Do you already have an appointment set up for the recall service? Please let me know, along with your mileage, and I'll look into some options.

Meagan

#43 OFFLINE   Bill-N

Bill-N

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 635 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationConnecticut
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 29 October 2015 - 06:57 PM

Yes, 4 hrs is about right.  I'd call ahead in case the dealer has to order the part.

#44 OFFLINE   PJFW8

PJFW8

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 41 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationHendersonville, NC
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energy

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:39 AM

Took my dealer 2 hours, but he wanted 1/2 day. He said it can take 3 hours.

#45 OFFLINE   jdbob

jdbob

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 258 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationJohn Day, Oregon
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 30 October 2015 - 12:54 PM

In the letter to the dealers Ford only shows 1.7 hours "Labor Allowance". I wonder if that is all Ford will pay the dealer for, regardless of how long it takes.

#46 OFFLINE   Bill-N

Bill-N

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 635 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 31 October 2015 - 11:10 AM

In the letter to the dealers Ford only shows 1.7 hours "Labor Allowance". I wonder if that is all Ford will pay the dealer for, regardless of how long it takes.

That's my understanding.

#47 OFFLINE   donhak

donhak

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 45 posts
  • LocationAlaska
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Hybrid 2013

Posted 23 November 2015 - 04:07 PM

Ford still must be a little slow on shipping parts.  Scheduled my car for the module replacement and the dealer said it would take about 10 days to get the part.  We ended up scheduling the appointment three weeks out, and I still ended up with a call on Friday the day before the appointment that the part had not arrived.  I could have had some other things done, but with a winter weather advisory that night, we decided to wait on the part to get everything done at once.

#48 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 354 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:01 PM

Ford still must be a little slow on shipping parts.  Scheduled my car for the module replacement and the dealer said it would take about 10 days to get the part.  We ended up scheduling the appointment three weeks out, and I still ended up with a call on Friday the day before the appointment that the part had not arrived.  I could have had some other things done, but with a winter weather advisory that night, we decided to wait on the part to get everything done at once.

Hi donhak,

Just to clarify, are you still waiting on the part? Please let me know, along with your mileage. I'll look into some options.

Meagan

#49 OFFLINE   donhak

donhak

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 45 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:53 PM

Megan,

PM sent with details.  Still waiting on the part as of 11/25/15.  Kendall Ford said it had been taking about ten days to get the part but this one has been over three weeks.  We are waiting on the part to reschedule.  There are no indications of problems, but after getting the second recall notice that parts are available, I have been wanting to get it addressed along with other open items.

I still love the car and plan on keeping it for many years yet.

#50 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 354 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 03:30 PM

Megan,

PM sent with details.  Still waiting on the part as of 11/25/15.  Kendall Ford said it had been taking about ten days to get the part but this one has been over three weeks.  We are waiting on the part to reschedule.  There are no indications of problems, but after getting the second recall notice that parts are available, I have been wanting to get it addressed along with other open items.

I still love the car and plan on keeping it for many years yet.

Replied! :)

Meagan

#51 OFFLINE   donhak

donhak

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 45 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:21 PM

Thank you Meagan for the help.  Had call from Ford Customer Care last Monday, 11/29.  Part was here 12/3 and installed 12/5.  Dealer said that some restraint modules had been taking up to six months to get here from time of order.  Lately it had been down to 10 days but mine was past the 5 week point.

Car ended up being in all day.  Also had PCM recall reprogramming, and battery inspection and check done.  I never had any problems with the battery, but it failed in the middle of testing and gave them headaches.  Closest battery 45 miles away so I will need to go back to get it installed but they got the original recharged and the system working again so I could get the car back.

#52 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 529 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 09 April 2016 - 02:50 PM

I'm taking my car in to get this done on Monday. Anything I should do to prepare the car; for example, should I empty the center console (do they need to remove it)? Additionally, is there anything I should ensure is correctly reassembled/working correctly before leaving the dealer? Hopefully this will go smoothly, the dealer claims to have the parts.

#53 OFFLINE   obob

obob

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 525 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SE

Posted 10 April 2016 - 07:36 PM

I took mine in for the update about a month ago (along with a Microsoft Sync problem and they did a Sync reset)

I was wondering if some software was updated.  After getting it back, when first starting the car, I suspect the software is a lot more motivated to start the engine to charge the battery up and warm up the car.

My other theory is that doing the Sync reset messed things up.  ( I tend to be of the understanding that Sync is messy source of problems. )

#54 OFFLINE   Zathrus

Zathrus

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 74 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIllinois
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:53 PM

I'm taking my car in to get this done on Monday. Anything I should do to prepare the car; for example, should I empty the center console (do they need to remove it)? Additionally, is there anything I should ensure is correctly reassembled/working correctly before leaving the dealer? Hopefully this will go smoothly, the dealer claims to have the parts.

Yes, the center console needs to be removed to replace the RCM.

If you have heated seats, make sure the control knobs on the center console illuminate (and the heated seats work) after recall work. I have seen reports of some heated seats not working after RCM recall because the installer neglected to re-connect them. I would also check USB and charging ports in center console to make sure they are still functional.

#55 OFFLINE   jdbob

jdbob

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 258 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationJohn Day, Oregon
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 11 April 2016 - 03:32 PM

If you have heated seats, make sure the control knobs on the center console illuminate (and the heated seats work) after recall work. I have seen reports of some heated seats not working after RCM recall because the installer neglected to re-connect them. I would also check USB and charging ports in center console to make sure they are still functional.

Good Tips!

I'm making another attempt to have the RCM replaced. Tried to have it done last October but never heard back from the selling dealer. Trying another dealer.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·