Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

How to replace C-MAX engine air filter?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 3,260 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan, GA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX SEL

Posted 03 September 2017 - 07:17 PM

Paul, 

The K&N belongs in a race car, where the goal is optimizing full throttle operation, and pressure drop is important. The C-Max isn't a race car, rarely runs unthrottled, and is designed to minimize fuel consumption. Doesn't sound like a good fit, does it? 

Since you've had that K&N in there a while, the proof should be in your oil. What's your oil's Si level after 10K miles of low-efficiency air filtration? Mine's been dropping and klatoo's Si levels are similar to mine (when normalized for oil mileage) so there's the beginnings of a basis for comparison.

Have fun,

Frank

I forgot about this thread, but it's worth mentioning I have at least 60k mi. ICE miles on my K&N Air Filter and I got my best Oil Analyses Report yet. :)  Not sure that it improved MPG's, but It seemed to me it improve acceleration. :)  I guess I could put my New Ford filter in( what a job :sad: ) And see if I notice a difference.

Paul

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·