C-MAX Hybrid Forum: How Can We Make This Site Better?

C-MAX Hybrid Guide

There should be a link to the Owners Guide PDF in the C-MAX Tool Box in the right nav. I've quoted excerpts from it a number of times here when people should have been searching the PDF and finding the answer on their own. Not sure if there is an official download link from Ford. I think I used an unofficial link someone posted here or on another C-Max related site.

Edit: Someone on the Energi forum gave this link:

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/

Direct link to PDF, but it may be protected by cookie or referrer:

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/content/~WODCMH/~MUS~LEN/41/13cmhom1e.pdf

Edited by C-MaxJaxon

By far, this is the most popular read and updated forum for current and potential C-Max owners so give yourself a few kudos for that !!

One suggestion that would make this a bit more easy to navigate is a site-wide 'mark all threads read' as when this thing starts to get real busy, I may only concentrate on a few rather than the whole thing --- no offense, but some I probably won't bother to read through, just not enough hours in the day! The other forum I read is mynissanleaf.com and believe me this helps as there are currently 173 threads that are considered 'active' which simply take too much time to go through. Sooner or later you'll also need to add some regional interest sections but you're not there quite yet. Keep up the great work !!

Hi Bill-

As I've posted and privately emailed, thanks so much for creating this forum. It's great to ask, get answers and share information about the C-Max, especially since it is a new vehicle to this continent.

A few quick suggestions:

1. Condense all three forums so information is in one place, then create model specific sub-topics, if necessary. For example, a category entitled plug/charging station. I'm sure there are other ones too.

2. Create a topic entitled 'Events' and then sub-categories like 'Meetings' or 'Local gatherings' on which members can post local get-togethers or events of interest, car shows, dealer events, etc.

3. Maybe one called 'Group buys'. This is quite popular on many other forums, where owners interested in a particular accessory can get a better price through volume buying. An example would be some of the accessories which are not available here, like the side window sun screens made by Climair and available only on UK and European sites.

4. Take a look at the C-Max UK owners site and maybe get some ideas. From what I've seen, they are an on-line club, no dues or anything, with the forums as a topic. http://www.cmaxownersclub.co.uk/

5. Additional sub topic: Design. In this topic, we could post design, engineering related issues, for example the one I posted about the somewhat sharp metal seat track/bracket below the cushion on the right side of the driver seat. It's not a repair, maintenance or service issue but one involving design and engineering.

Thanks again

I would like to see a "sticky topic" devoted to tip tricks and techniques of hypermiling the C Max Hybrid/Energi. This could be very helpful for current and future hybrid owners who want to optimize their mileage all in on place. Hopefully including Ford engineer's secret tips and tricks to actually get 47mpg on highway/city driving. After all if miles/gallon were not a primary concern here this would be a Mustang forum.

If you can display the most recent and/or most recently updated five or ten posts under each topic heading, it would enable more efficient viewing. Yes, this would create more scrolling but at least lots of posts would be on one page. I'll refer you again to the layout used by the UK site (link above).

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

We'd like your feedback on how we can make this forum better. Are there certain features that you'd like to see or maybe another category added?

Please share your thoughts, opinions and suggestions with us so that this site can better serve everyone.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill:

It might be interesting to offer some quick 30 minute webex sessions on various topics to CMax Owners, and those interested. For example:

a. Tips how to get the best fuel mileage.

b. Getting the most out of Microsoft InSynch

c. Navigation System tips

d. Maintenance Schedule

e. What new owners should do in the first 3 months

Bill:

It might be interesting to offer some quick 30 minute webex sessions on various topics to CMax Owners, and those interested. For example:

a. Tips how to get the best fuel mileage.

b. Getting the most out of Microsoft InSynch

c. Navigation System tips

d. Maintenance Schedule

e. What new owners should do in the first 3 months

Bill:

Upon reflection, I guess the topics a. through e. above could be separate topics posted on this forum with the information supplied by Ford.

In addition to the other fine suggestions on this thread, I would emphasize the need for someone from Ford to monitor the site, especially for problems experienced by new C-Max owners. I think it would provide Ford with a very valuable "early warning system" on potential problems.

For example, I think I am now the third member of this forum that has had the problem with the car being completely dead in the morning. I got a jump start and took it to the dealer (they couldn't find anything wrong) and mentioned that this problem has come up for other users (via this forum). But...the dealer had no idea about the dead battey problem.

If Ford would consistently monitor the site, and communicate the findings to the dealers, they could really get out ahead of any potential problem

Has something been changed recently in how the forum works or updates? I was loving the "View new content" button (once someone on the site pointed out we had one), but since yesterday(?) it does not seem to be working. When I click to go to the new content screen, or just refresh it, it says there's no new content, but if I go to the forum, I can find several topics with new posts.

Has something been changed recently in how the forum works or updates? I was loving the "View new content" button (once someone on the site pointed out we had one), but since yesterday(?) it does not seem to be working. When I click to go to the new content screen, or just refresh it, it says there's no new content, but if I go to the forum, I can find several topics with new posts.

It still works for me. Verify your content query parameters in the left screen after the View New Content screen populates.

Doesn't work for me anymore. I've had to switch to past 24 hour view until it gets fixed.

Bill:

First of all, I wanted to thank the founders of this forum for it is proving to be a wonderful source of information on the C-Max. I am a brand new C-Max owner--I just picked up my new C-Max yesterday--so I am on the lookout for site where I can learn valuable information about how to maximize my enjoyment of my new vehicle.

My one suggestion is about this Lounge sub-forum. What is its purpose? I am confused by the phrase "off topic" in its title. By off topic do you mean non-C Max subjects, or C-Max topics not covered by the other sub-forums? Most other online discussion forums I belong to have a "General Discussion" sub-forum. Now that I own a C-Max, I want to know which sub-forum to use to have discussions with other owners on how to maximize my enjoyment of my new vehicle. Thanks.

I just click on "New since my last visit" and they all come up!

In addition to the other fine suggestions on this thread, I would emphasize the need for someone from Ford to monitor the site, especially for problems experienced by new C-Max owners. I think it would provide Ford with a very valuable "early warning system" on potential problems.

For example, I think I am now the third member of this forum that has had the problem with the car being completely dead in the morning. I got a jump start and took it to the dealer (they couldn't find anything wrong) and mentioned that this problem has come up for other users (via this forum). But...the dealer had no idea about the dead battey problem.

If Ford would consistently monitor the site, and communicate the findings to the dealers, they could really get out ahead of any potential problem

I agree. While I am pretty sure Ford monitors these forums as well as other social media sites, I'm not sure what they are doing with the info. This is a golden opportunity to increase customer satisfaction by closing the loop with people who have legit problems with their new vehicle. It would also score points with potential buyers who will see that Ford is going the extra mile to proactively solve owner problems.

Edited by kechair

• 4 weeks later...