C-MAX Hybrid Forum: How Can We Make This Site Better?

C-MAX Hybrid Guide

I always click (middle click to open new tab) the circle or star to the left of the thread title. It will jump you to the last unread post. Most forums have that feature and I figured everyone knew about it.

Thanks for the tip.  I have not used a message board like this for a long time and had no inkling that this feature existed.

• 2 weeks later...

Not really a suggestion for improvement, merely a thanks to Ford? Whom ever is hosting/monitoring this forum.  When I bought my CMax I was hoping to find just such a site to connect with other owners, make comments and observations.  Lastly hoping to make some new friends at events such as the one being planned in Michigan this summer.  Bravo to the planners of this event.  Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

Love the c-max site, would like to have a spell check when posting a reply, or is there one and i dont see it? course not everyone needs spell check ;)

I *think* the spell check it build in your browser and not the site.  I just typed in browser wrong in chrome and it underlined it in red.

• 2 weeks later...

We'd like your feedback on how we can make this forum better. Are there certain features that you'd like to see or maybe another category added?

Please share your thoughts, opinions and suggestions with us so that this site can better serve everyone.

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill (and all).

I find it challenging to view the site on smaller displays because the first full screen of the page is static (mostly banner and white space). In fact, I am currently using a very large monitor to type this, and still whenever I hit the page for the first time, or hit the button to view new posts, I have to start scrolling because there is such a giant amount of banner noise and white space at the top of the site.

I have just read a new post from another user that has expressed the same concern. The site would be more useable if it could be streamlined at the top of the page.

Thanks very much for listening.

(click below to see an example of what I see):

post-799-0-20831700-1365555638_thumb.png

Edited by Riddley

Hi Bill (and all).

I find it challenging to view the site on smaller displays because the first full screen of the page is static (mostly banner and white space). In fact, I am currently using a very large monitor to type this, and still whenever I hit the page for the first time, or hit the button to view new posts, I have to start scrolling because there is such a giant amount of banner noise and white space at the top of the site.

I have just read a new post from another user that has expressed the same concern. The site would be more useable if it could be streamlined at the top of the page.

Thanks very much for listening.

(click below to see an example of what I see):

attachicon.gifCMAX_Forum_02.png

I use Firefox and a plugin called RIP (Remove it Permanently). It let's you remove arbitrary content on webpages.

Great solution for the techie.

Unfortunately, its not going to solve the issue for the novice.

The complaint I referenced started over here: http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/index.php?/topic/1655-top-bar/

With people going more and more to tablets, and those getting smaller as well, it would be most elegant if the top of the site is just streamlined (at least vertically) to work better for those. 

• 3 weeks later...

A sticky "How To post pictures" would be nice, took me like an hour to figure it out one time, now I can't remember what worked I had to try so many things, does google drive sharing just not work (it seems) with this site?

Unless you're trying to discourage people from posting pics, then it makes sense not to have a "how to". Otherwise, it's waaay too difficult if it takes a techie like me that long to figure it out.

• 1 month later...

if you click on "view new content" link at the top of the page, you can see all new items since your last visit. then click on the filled circle/bullet on the left of each thread shown to jump to where you left off last time you read that forum. if you see a star instead of a filled circle/bullet then that means you posted something in that thread so click on the filled star to jump to the newest post since your last reading of that thread.

Maybe I am missing it but I would like to see a site wide "View new posts" button.

Never mind - I found it.

Edited by salsaguy

Jus, when in mobile version, how do i use the all important circle or star feature for reading the first post where i left off as i don't see it in mobile view on my phone, only in web mode. help thank you.

Go to bottom left hand corner, click on "Change Theme" and select "Mobile".  ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...