Breaking news...the glass ceiling has been broken, 901 miles tank.

Jus-A-CMax

the real story here is why the heck are your gas prices so high? (LOL).

Your area is less expensive for gas. I have driven back and forth to North Florida (a/k/a Cave Country, for those that enjoy cave diving) many times. Gas prices start dropping north of Palm Beach County. Gas prices are cheapest in the state in North Florida and the Panhandle, but Central Florida has some places that are pretty good, too.

Well, now I'm starting to feel *real* good about our gas (which for the last three months has been averaging around 3.20, but *never* ever in the $4 range).

This is both very depressing (that I'm that happy with gas OVER $3 a gallon) and good news for my trips (which, by and large, will be within 350 miles of where I live and thus well within Maximis' gas tank range.  At least I won't have to fill up somewhere a lot more expensive, particularly if I drive down south).

..but in CA we have

$3.679/gal is about my average for 87 octane at BJ's Wholesale, until winter gas cut in a couple weeks ago.

I'd say you live closer to the refinery, but El Segundo was once "the second" largest oil producer in the US, so Jus has us both beat.

HAve fun,

Frank

PS about time you broke 900 - 66 traffic lights!!

..but in CA we have(had) the "summer" blend which allegedly costs more. I dunno, at the end I think its all manipulated, theres a freaking war in the mid East, China and India is consuming like its dying of thirst and the price of a barrel continues to drop while the Saudis are reducing production.

We're the suckers who pay at the pump and the way I look at this - the bigger the tank, the more miles I rack up on EV, the further my gas dollar goes...I benefit my family's bottom dollar. 

..till the wifey turns on the Jaguar  :drop:

;)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

post-1940-0-95264500-1412186590_thumb.jpg

post-1940-0-10066200-1412187473_thumb.png

I paid $2.799 a gallon on Sept 20th 2014 in Lafayette, Indiana. It was a temporary price war, apparently.

Same station is $3.079 today, lowest in that area is $2.999, about $3.199 a gallon with a few miles of our house.

Central and south-central US have the lowest prices at the moment on the gas-price 'heat-map':

http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx

Edited by kostby

:redcard:  Hey, not that nasty map, it's just not fair; we're getting hosed out here and up there !!! 

Ahhh, that's alright, we have an MPG machine at < 8 cents a mile, our C-Max.  :sing_rain:  !

((Filled up the work rig today - 900 800 700 600 500 400 300 282 miles, 20.57 gallons (eeeeeouch), $76.72 :kookie: 27 cents a mile - still a fair amount less than a couple months ago; I'm not complaining))

Edited by C-MaxSea

• 2 weeks later...

:redcard:  Hey, not that nasty map, it's just not fair; we're getting hosed out here and up there !!! 

Ahhh, that's alright, we have an MPG machine at < 8 cents a mile, our C-Max.  :sing_rain:  !

((Filled up the work rig today - 900 800 700 600 500 400 300 282 miles, 20.57 gallons (eeeeeouch), $76.72 :kookie: 27 cents a mile - still a fair amount less than a couple months ago; I'm not complaining))

Ouch...thats about how much my wife pays to tank up myher Jag, that has a 22 gallon tank.

Been hooning since this big tank and its still up there at the moment with 61.5 MPG but this is a wasted tank because Maxine is scheduled to go to Galpin Ford for the recall servicing and I know they'll blow some MPGs with their post installation testing. And then its camping...

...but I do SAVOR the 0.05 pennies per mile, or $1.10 to drive to work...who needs public transport with stinky seats, germful handle bars, and obligatory sneezing & coughing into your face...never ;)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Congratulations! :happy feet: I knew you could do it. By my calculations you actually went 915mi. You can really tell you were City driving averaging 21mph, stop and go driving kills average speed.  Also by my calculations you were on fumes when you gassed up. I have run out 5 times and only once was the Smart Gauge higher 13.67gal (13.77gal. and I filled it to the top)! Great Job! :dance:  :woohoo:  :shift: 

Paul

Thanks Paul. You and Doug were up there in those lofty heights for a long time. Jus telling the world - YEAH - the CMax is capable of more than 800+ miles on a single tank...jus a breath away....that's like smelling...

102_1729-blog-homer-bacon.jpg

...from K2 while sitting on top of Everest  ;)  

And to think of the time, when we both broke the 600 in Jan 2013 and you were saying 700 is possible. Now, I am thinking, 1000 is possible. (edit ptjones may have broken the 600 in Dec 2012).

Now, in regards to fumes, you could be right but I dunno...I tanked the car > 14 gallons or something ridiculous for this. Before this, I was doing low-mid 800s and broke the 840 and then 850 and I was going to try and break 860 on this one and THEN all indicators was showing this was going to be 920 tank...according to the Estimated Miles to Empty at the 700 mile mark. I showed Nick that, it was ridiculous...only a mere tweak on the route home (little longer miles, less traffic and up & down).

And given fill up afterward this 901 tank, I still had some left there. I think...it doesn't matter, mission was to break the 900 and that's it and I didn't feel like running out of gas for this...

Now, lets talk about the 1000 - very possible but again, not on a daily drive with the engine on/off. U need to minimize that and find a good flowing traffic and use the terrain. Its a full fledge loop run.... :)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

To set the story straight it was Dec 5, 2012 when I got my first 608mi tank, didn't get my CMAX until Oct. 2012. LOL   Also it was a year ago when I made my first actual 909mi tank that I thought it would be possible to get a thousand mile tank, but haven't done it yet. I was hoping to do it averaging 40mph, but doesn't look like that is going to happen. :drop:

Paul

To set the story straight it was Dec 5, 2012 when I got my first 608mi tank, didn't get my CMAX until Oct. 2012. LOL   Also it was a year ago when I made my first actual 909mi tank that I thought it would be possible to get a thousand mile tank, but haven't done it yet. I was hoping to do it averaging 40mph, but doesn't look like that is going to happen. :drop:

Paul

lol, edited, neither of us owned the car in Jan 2012.... but...wait...the 600 thread was started in 1/23/2013, I did not see any postings to indicate you popped the 600 in Dec 2012. If you have the pic, post it up and lay claim to the 1st person to summit the 600 bar. I see your 616 on 2/11/13 as posted in the 600. i thought i saw your thread but I did not find it...lemme know...

ps also corrected, you said 700 and not 800...800 was still in a far away dim light star to reach for  ;)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

• 3 weeks later...

I would suggest he posts his elevation change map and route info from the "My Tracks" app or similar so you all can understand the "perfect" route that it takes to be able to do such a feet (flat and rolling hills and all city no fwy)

Jus - those numbers are incredible!

A couple of questions. What would you say is your average trip length? IIRC, you're an assessor. Are you typically driving from place to place all day with, typically, less than 1/2 hour stoppages (so the engine stays warm between trips)?

I still haven't quite cracked 600 yet, but am consistently well above 500 during the summer. I'm pretty happy with that. My typical trip is less than 5 miles, and on a cold engine, so it can be tough to average 45+ mpg in those conditions. I am curious if you're able to do better under those conditions.

JUS

All I can say is.. YOU DA MAN!

So incredible

but any of us not believe if it could be done, it would be JUS who could do it? Nope.

He (and this incredible car) keeps blowing our minds.

He should be hired by Ford as a consultant or liaison or something!

SImply amazing

Keep it up

but most importantly...keep loving your ride and all those dirt cheap miles driving around beautiful So. Ca.

I SO want to shake your hand my friend

One day....

:worship:  All hail mighty CMAX King :worship:  ALL HAIL JUS :worship: :yahoo: :victory: :rockon:

Edited by salsaguy