Doh!!! Tire Pressure

Kelleytoons

SS,  I believe the snip below is why TPMS didn't trigger for 10 miles.  Yep, ForScan is it.  I certainly don't want to drive 20 minutes before being notified my tire pressure is dropping.

S4.2 TPMS detection requirements. The tire pressure monitoring system must:

(a) Illuminate a low tire pressure warning telltale not more than 20 minutes after the inflation pressure in one or more of the vehicle's tires, up to a total of four tires, is equal to or less than either the pressure 25 percent below the vehicle manufacturer's recommended cold inflation pressure, or the pressure specified in the 3rd column of Table 1 of this standard for the corresponding type of tire, whichever is higher;

S4.4 TPMS malfunction.

(a) The vehicle shall be equipped with a tire pressure monitoring system that includes a telltale that provides a warning to the driver not more than 20 minutes after the occurrence of a malfunction that affects the generation or transmission of control or response signals in the vehicle's tire pressure monitoring system. The vehicle's TPMS malfunction indicator shall meet the requirements of either S4.4(b) or S4.4©.

• 4 years later...

The delay of the TPMS trigger cost me a lot of money. Had a Nail in my tire and went on the freeway...not knowing I lost air apparently pretty quickly, I came to a point where my tire blew beyond repair. And since there is no spare tire I had to wait for a tow truck at night. Later found out, even with a spare tire I would have been stuck because the lug nuts were swollen and I had to destroy them to get them off.