New C-Max Energi plug in hybrid

Milaminut

I have just started shopping for a new C-Max Energi plug in hybrid /

How much should I realistically pay? Has anyone had experiences with this car , negative or positive, that they could share? I went to the dealer yesterday and they let me walk after quoting me $5k over the msrp, and offering me 5k less than Carmax bought my car for later that day !!

A lot of it depends on what state you live in but you shouldn't be paying that much. My NRG MSRP was around $37k and ended up paying about $30k after Ford incentives and A-plan pricing. But with this car you should be able to haggle and get A-plan pricing or better. The cost of the NRG model is typically about $1k less than the hybrid model with similar options after tax credit.

Welcome!

There are many C-MAX Energi owners who regularly participate in this (cmaxhybridforum.com) online community, but you will find far more C-MAX Energi owners in the community specifically for that model: http://fordcmaxenergiforum.com

They really need to just combine the forums.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope I'm not too late.  I bought a 2014 C-Max Energi Plu-in about 3 months ago.  I got a $3000 discount off of MSRP. I then got $3000 in Ford Rebates.   Add to that $4007 tax credit.  That all peals about $10,000 off the sticker price.  However, I'm in Texas and got another State rebate of $2500. I hope this helps!

(Oh Yeah, also got a good trade-in on my 2013 C-Max to finish the deal).