Probable going to be getting one this week

Enemigo

Hello all, i might be a potential C-Max hybrid owner this week. I did a few searches on this forum and was able to pull the window sticker of my potential car. Looks like it has the 301a package. From what i know so far, all recall issues have been resolved and the owner has the dealership paperwork to show for it so its clean. No issues with car fax reports. So my main question is, what are your folks honest reviews of this vehicle? Its a 2013 SEL, with 301a package. Look great and great price. Thanks in advance.

As long as you don't buy a lemon (and ALL cars have lemons -- whether it's because they are made on a certain day or the week, or just an accident in production, a certain percentage of vehicles will have issues that are sometimes beyond the ability of even the dealership to fix) you should be *extremely* happy with any C-Max, as all of us here are.

The fact that the previous owner is selling to you is actually a Good Sign as long as you can check to make sure it didn't have a problem that was unable to be fixed.  Around here the worst is the infamous "battery issue" but any vehicle subject to this would have been at the dealership at least two or three times so you can find that out.  If it doesn't have that the odds are good that you are okay otherwise.

The C-Max is the best vehicle I've ever owned, by a long shot.  But... it also fits a certain category and need.  As long as your own needs fit it there is no better choice.

I believe for our price range, this C-Max is the best deal. I am going to see the car tomorrow to test drive it. Can you guys tell me what should i be looking for to ensure that everything is in top shape? I am new to the hybrid world and this would potentially be my 1st hybrid car. Any info would greatly be appreciated.

IMO, you don't want to buy a C-Max with as Kelleytoons says the "infamous battery issue".  It appears you are buying from a private individual.  Ask the owner if the car has ever failed to start and if so how many times.  Ask the owner for all service records and see if the car was checked by the dealer for a no start.  Generally failure to disclose information about a vehicle when asked is fraud.  In the bill of sale, I'd have the owner attest to the fact that the car was never taken to the dealer for failing to start.  Search here for the 12 V battery issue and read.

Although the battery issue affects a small percentage, it appears that Ford has yet to fully resolve the issue.  Otherwise, the C-Max is a great car. :)

Edited by Plus 3 Golfer

SEL for sure. There is nothing much to look out for in the CMax but the usual suspects in ANY car - listen for creeking, extraneous noise when driving, steering straight, solid sound in when the door is closed, The CMax is very quiet so there should be no noise. Now, AC on the other hand, expect to hear a machine gun - it's a slightly annoying issue. You won't hear it with the windows up because of the anti-noise but put down that front passenger window and you get to experience the Western Front with Kaiser... ;)

I pulled the trigger and we are now new owners of a 2013 C-Max SEL. We love it. our 1st Hybrid card. Its better than the Lincoln Navigator we were driving averging about 12-14 mpg. We are happy. Now to find a good roof rack for our surfboards.

That will be a good picture. LOL :)

Paul

Our lifetime average is 45(.3) MPG or about double the car it replaced (2005 Lincoln LS), so every time we fill up, I figure we saved whatever we spent (actually, we save more, because the LS ran on Premium).  In your case, you can expect to be getting over 3 times the MPG of the Navigator, so if you fill up the C-Max as I did recently and the total comes to $25, you just saved over $50!

Yeah, the one thing I have noticed about the C-Max is that the the cargo area is not very long, even with the seats down, so you need to figure out something about the surfboards.  Take a look here post #17 may interest you?:

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/2620-carpet-in-hatch-area-came-up/

I pulled the trigger and we are now new owners of a 2013 C-Max SEL. We love it. our 1st Hybrid card. Its better than the Lincoln Navigator we were driving averging about 12-14 mpg. We are happy. Now to find a good roof rack for our surfboards.

Congrats, Enemigo!

Make sure to check out Ford Accessories for a rack to carry those surfboards. That's definitely a must! ;)

Rachel