Vancouver, BC. 4 Nokian tires on rims for sale $800

Laurel

We have four NOKIAN Nordman 4 98T XL 225/50R17 winter tires, and 4 rims 17.7.5 5/108 CRA Impulse Silver +40. We bought them Oct. of 2013 and were used for 4,000 K (2400 miles). They look brand new with almost no wear. TPMS sensors. They should fit Ford Focus and Fusion as well as the C-Max Hybrid. We paid $1984.90 for them. We are trading in our C-Max thus we won't need them this winter. They were purchased at Kal Tire and the service agent there describes our tires as "a very nice package that should sell well".  This is a good deal for any British Columbia or North West Washington C-Maxers.  You have to come here to get them as it is too costly to ship them.

Is this US dollars or Canadian? Even if US, this is a great deal!

I spent $1000 on Michelin snows and steel wheels, and my measured wear rates support a ~40K life on the snows(!!) so even if the Nokian's wear faster, you have lots of miles left.

Nokian snows are highly recommended by this snow-belter; I've killed several sets over the years!

HAve fun,

Frank

PS Sad to see you go, Laurel! I wish you all the best.

Frank it is Canadian dollars--so for an American it is a super deal as the Canadian dollar is at about 90 cents or less.  Hubby is getting a Lincoln MKC with all the technology he has ever wanted.  Seems a nice vehicle but for sure I will miss Tip.  Happy Thanksgiving all you fellow Canucks!

Frank it is Canadian dollars--so for an American it is a super deal as the Canadian dollar is at about 90 cents or less.  Hubby is getting a Lincoln MKC with all the technology he has ever wanted.  Seems a nice vehicle but for sure I will miss Tip.  Happy Thanksgiving all you fellow Canucks!

Laurel don't go! Keep the CMax, the Lincoln can't get the same mileage and certainly not as nice looking  :sad:  :cry: 

I'll miss the forum too.  It is one of the best around.  I think the Lincoln MKC will be a good fit for us.  My husband has a weak right hand due to a neurological disease and the push button shifting will be easier for him.  I did worry about the cost of fuel, but we really put so few miles on our cars that isn't a huge consideration.  I think the C-Max is a wonderful high end car.  .  Really the Lincoln MKC feels a lot like a C-Max (probably due to the genesis of the product being based on an Edge).  Also my husband wants more technology --I think this is due to him getting older (not me LOL) and a person needing all the help they can get such as lane departure warning, blind spot warning, adaptive cruise control, crash warning etc.  He worked hard all his life, and I feel that he is entitled to spoil himself now.  We did toss around keeping our SEL and going back to a two car family, but we decided in the end that I can rent a car for those rare occasions when I want to head out of town with the girls or go to visit friends that he doesn't want to go see.  I'll let you know how the wheeling and dealing goes for trading in and buying.  I have a customer coming to look at the tires this afternoon as I posted them on Craigslist too.  He says they will fit his Volvo.

The customer for the tires offered $500 and I was horrified and said no.  So they are still available.

Edited by Laurel

Did you know the Lincoln MKZ (Lincoln version of the Ford Fusion sedan) is available as a Hybrid for the same price as the standard engine?

Offers all the high-tech toys you mentioned for the MKC.

The MKZ Hybrid uses the same engine/transmission as the C-MAX Hybrid, so it will get comparable gas mileage, rated at 41mpg city, 39mpg highway, 40mpg combined (US figures, sorry)

Edited by kostby

Keep a stiff upper lip, TIP - says Grouper. Hope you find another wonderful home.

Congrats on the new wheels Laurel - and a C-Max cousin no less (good DNA & some common components perhaps), being built on the same C platform as the C-Max, Focus, Escape & Transit Connect ( if wiki has it correct - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_C1_platform or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ford_platforms Don't push the wrong button on that fancy thing or it might ???

Nick

(PS  You might want to spare us the gory details of the deal, at two years, it is a recipe guaranteed to be very ugly)

Edited by C-MaxSea