Long Term 50+ MPG

HannahWCU

We all enjoy seeing the 600, 700, 800 and now 900 mile tanks.  But I have done pretty well over the last 6 month and 10,000+ miles.  Here are some stats for my CMax according to my aCar app:

Recent 6 months:  Avg MPG 50.42, miles driven 10,220

Recent 3 months:  Avg MPG 52.48, miles driven 5,605

Last Month: Avg MPG 56.69, miles driven 1,333

Even including the (relatively) cold winter we had here in NC, I've done pretty good:

YTD: Avg MPG 47.12, miles driven 16,721

Also, My CMax now reads lifetime Average of 47.0 MPG!!

post-355-0-49982400-1413308929_thumb.jpg

It is actually just under 45 MPG Lifetime calculated

Congratulations HannahWCU!! Fine effort there. Now are these miles city/freeway?

I think if a new owner comes here- this is more proof that the CMax is a very capable car to get beyond the EPA and certainly above the Toaster Review.org 38MPG. The fact that its over such long miles makes it harder to refute and deny the MPGs-capability of the CMax.

Well done :rockon:

Congratulations HannahWCU!! Fine effort there. Now are these miles city/freeway?

I think if a new owner comes here- this is more proof that the CMax is a very capable car to get beyond the EPA and certainly above the Toaster Review.org 38MPG. The fact that its over such long miles makes it harder to refute and deny the MPGs-capability of the CMax.

Well done :rockon:

It's mostly normal driving.  For the last 2 months or so, I have taken a rural route to and from work (~29 miles each way).  This route keeps my speed in the 45-55 MPH range.  This had helped with MPG tremendously! Going back beyond 2 months, most of the driving was Highway, 65 MPH posted speed limit.  No aero mods.  Just 50psi in the tires.  Last weekend I did add some grill covers, not to improve MPG, but to help keep the temperature up in the ICE.  As it gets colder, my rural route runs the ICE much less than the highway route.  This give me less heat on those couple of cool morning we have had here lately.  I re-installed my scangage to keep an eye on the ICE temps.  Before the grill covers I would drive almost 20 miles before seeing engine temps in the 190+ range.  And if I ran the heat, I have seen engine temps stay below 180 for most of my drive to work.

We all enjoy seeing the 600, 700, 800 and now 900 mile tanks.  But I have done pretty well over the last 6 month and 10,000+ miles.  Here are some stats for my CMax according to my aCar app:

Recent 6 months:  Avg MPG 50.42, miles driven 10,220

Recent 3 months:  Avg MPG 52.48, miles driven 5,605

Last Month: Avg MPG 56.69, miles driven 1,333

Even including the (relatively) cold winter we had here in NC, I've done pretty good:

YTD: Avg MPG 47.12, miles driven 16,721

Also, My CMax now reads lifetime Average of 47.0 MPG!!

attachicon.gif20141014 47MPG Lifetime.jpg

It is actually just under 45 MPG Lifetime calculated

Great Job HannahWCU!  Are you using the Smart Gauge Odometer for your Fuelly Mileage? I use GPS corrected mileage which is 1.019% now with new tires, but was 1.014% with 65K mile tires. I hope to join you in next week or so, currently 46.9MPG LifeTime with 46MPG's Fuelly. :)

Paul