I am picking up my new 2015 C-Max today. Any advise

James Libasci

I'm glad I found this forum. I've gotten some good advise to check ESP pricing and what questions to ask.

I'm trading in my Ford Escape 2002 and getting a new Cmax tonight after work.

I know they're lowballing me on my trade-in value. I found out how to check the auction sites for a good ball park number to start with.

Also I read about how the can come back with lower ESP pricing, that's weird.

If you don't need the extra cargo room, I would suggest pricing out the Energi as well. With Federal and (often) state rebates, the price is almost the same (or lower) than a C-Max SEL, and it has about 18 miles of pure electric range.

It is worth doing the numbers, anyway. IF you don't need the cargo space - look at both models and you will see what I mean.

Also, look at the 2014 as well as the 2015. That 2014 will have been built in the last couple of months, and is basically just as good. There are a couple of new features, but the basic car is the same.

Edited by stevedebi

The reason I picked the C Max Hybrid was it has the cargo space I have in the Escape.

We love to travel and I setup at Comic Book Conventions, so I need the space.

What I didn't have with the Escape was MPG

Well then, you certainly don't want the Energi!

Was your Escape a 2013? I had a 2008 FEH, and I think it had a lot more room than the normal C-Max. But I haven't measured them...

I have an 2002 Escape. Either fhe 1st or 2nd year for them. Cubic Feet is just about the same. I feel like I more head room in the C Max

The room is not as usable due to the streamlining of the rear of the vehicle. The Escape was boxy back there. But if you can move your stuff in smaller sizes it won't matter as much.

The SEL has nice features, but obviously you need to go with whatever fits the budget.

The room is not as usable due to the streamlining of the rear of the vehicle. The Escape was boxy back there. But if you can move your stuff in smaller sizes it won't matter as much.

The SEL has nice features, but obviously you need to go with whatever fits the budget.

I see what you mean by streamlining. once over the bump I've got the same amount of space, but It looses a few inches on the row by the hatch.

I was able to get the SEL with the 301A package, so just about everything on it.

You'll luv the SEL (sorry to pwn SE owners)..and then when you really get to know the car to get the MPGs, you'll :flirt: the CMax. I regularly do 800s per tank, all city, in my SEL  unless I drive some freeway.

Oh. max the psi in the tires to squeeze out the MPGs, car rolls much better. Yeah, the ride quality is sacrificed a wee bit, but think of it as "sports mode"... :skateboard:

I see what you mean by streamlining. once over the bump I've got the same amount of space, but It looses a few inches on the row by the hatch.

I was able to get the SEL with the 301A package, so just about everything on it.

I run my tires at 44 (many folks run them at 50 or higher). But in any case, check them immediately. The dealers tend to underfill them. Mine were at 34 when I checked (one was at 32).

They need to be at least the door sill recommended 38 PSI. I'd check them every fill up.

Grill covers help a ton in the cold and the only caution I have against the covers - don't go climbing steep, long grades. It will trigger the ICE overheat warning, even if the temp outside is 29F (I have done this climbing Sherman grade, north of Bishop, CA). There are 2 covers - one for the main and one for the lower and I did not cover the lower grill (kept the main grill cover) and I was able to climb fine. Its a compromise. If there are no long grades, then having full covers are not an issue.

The grill covers can be self made, or just get them from ptjones.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

"I am picking up my new 2015 C-Max today. Any advise

Started by James Libasci, Nov 12 2014 11:50 AM"

2015's began production on Monday 11/10. Now that's a good supply chain to make it under the bridge to the dealer by Wednesday.

Job 1 for 2015 C-MAX was scheduled for September 15, 2014. Not aware of Ford reporting significant changes or changeover difficulties that could have caused a 2 month delay. http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/4255-job-1-2015-c-max/

The new F-150 pickup truck Job 1 was November 10, 2014

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2014/11/11/ford-begins-building-all-new-f-150.html

The production date is shown on the door jamb sticker in the form #yyyy/mm/dd####, so James can check the sticker for the actual production date of his vehicle.

post-1940-0-62287700-1416069974_thumb.jpg

Edited by kostby

Job 1 for 2015 C-MAX was scheduled for September 15, 2014. Not aware of Ford reporting significant changes or changeover difficulties that could have caused a 2 month delay. http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/4255-job-1-2015-c-max/

The new F-150 pickup truck Job 1 was November 10, 2014

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2014/11/11/ford-begins-building-all-new-f-150.html

The production date is shown on the door jamb sticker in the form #yyyy/mm/dd####, so James can check the sticker for the actual production date of his vehicle.

attachicon.gifdoor jamb sticker 2013 IMG_4050 VIN removed copy.j

It wasn't significant changes or launch difficulties. There were several part supply interruptions along with down weeks and production problems, after a process upgrade, that delayed the fulfillment of existing 2014 orders until the final build. When we got the new parts we started building them. Part of doing business, not particularly newsworthy. They are running full production at MAP now.

September 15 was a good target, it just didn't happen.

The F150 did launch but that day was pushed several times. They are ramping up slowly because of new material and production technologies employed. MAP Stamping is also doing some of the subassemblies for the 150.

Edited by MichaelM

They drove it up from Downstate of me about 80 miles. Then I've put about 120 miles on it playing around with things.

So far I like the car.

Lots of nice automatic features.

"I am picking up my new 2015 C-Max today. Any advise

Started by James LibasciNov 12 2014 11:50 AM"

2015's began production on Monday 11/10. Now that's a good supply chain to make it under the bridge to the dealer by Wednesday.