C-Max, here I come!

Edward R Stewart

I'm not a owner yet, but plan to be one soon enough.

I was talked into a test drive in a 2013 C-Max Energi (wish it was in the budget.) which really sold me on the platform. Being 6'9" I was greatly disappointed when I discovered my head made contact with the ceiling of the Ford Fusion (sniff) The C-Max had lots of head room, shoulder room, and hip room. A little rough on my knee, but better than most.

I've been lurking and can't wait to try for the 600 mile tank myself, after breaking in the engine of course. I live in the North Georgia foothills, so I'll have a bit of a challenge. Being a hypermiler (lite), it shouldn't take to long, as I already practice a lot of P@G, Feather (Eggshell/String), it shouldn't be that much of a learning curve.

I'm looking at a SE 2014 and can't wait to put a little plaque underneath the C-Max logo..... Size Matters.

I can't help but notice a very large price gap between the Ford Escape SE and C-Max on insurance rates. They both essentially have the same safety rating and safety features. What gives????

I can't help but notice a very large price gap between the Ford Escape SE and C-Max on insurance rates. They both essentially have the same safety rating and safety features. What gives????

Please provide some comparison numbers. That would be interesting to find out.

I suppose that there is a bit of a bump for the Hybrid system. There are also some discounts for things like safety and less likely to be in an accident, but I guess that this wasn't enough to overcome some other anticipated expense.

With Progessive I went with 100/300/100, unisured same, 10k Med, low deductable for comperhensive, high deductable on collision, rental, and loan pay off for the Escape, comes to $585 for 6 months. Not bad for a singe male. I have no traffic violations, and up to recently, no accidents. Someone decided to cross a four lane in front of me.   My poor 2001 Chevy Impala, I'm going to miss that car. . A 24 year streak runined. grrr. grrr. grrr.

I want to stick with Progressive, as they have been nothing but ubber nice, and helpful, and didn't jack me up to much on the Impala renewl when it came in after the accident. I never

heard of a Insurance company that wanted to throw money at you. The Medical.

For the C-Max its $741  for 6 months.

When I asked a Progessive rep about it, they said its because the SUV is considered safer, which I find to be a load of prissis exhaust.  Both are about the same size

and saftey features and price point ..... so I either spend more on gas, or more on insurance. The fuel savings will pay for the inurance diffrence, about 424 a year on what I drive compaired to the Escape.  Math bellow......

1211 a year on the Escape at 3.50 a gallon... ya I know prices are low right now, but it won't last for ever... 9k/26mpg*3.50

787 a year with the CMax at 40mpg..... It will be a lot cheaper if I'm able to hit 50 mpg or more.....

The Impala was about 1400.... stupid E10 gas.... I was getting about 26 vs 22 at the change......

So I won't exactly be lossing money, but that is still a major hit.....

I'm not a owner yet, but plan to be one soon enough.

I was talked into a test drive in a 2013 C-Max Energi (wish it was in the budget.) which really sold me on the platform. Being 6'9" I was greatly disappointed when I discovered my head made contact with the ceiling of the Ford Fusion (sniff) The C-Max had lots of head room, shoulder room, and hip room. A little rough on my knee, but better than most.

I've been lurking and can't wait to try for the 600 mile tank myself, after breaking in the engine of course. I live in the North Georgia foothills, so I'll have a bit of a challenge. Being a hypermiler (lite), it shouldn't take to long, as I already practice a lot of P@G, Feather (Eggshell/String), it shouldn't be that much of a learning curve.

I'm looking at a SE 2014 and can't wait to put a little plaque underneath the C-Max logo..... Size Matters.

Are you sure about the Energi? The Feds have a 4K or so rebate on them, and most states have a couple thousand. That makes it about as affordable as a C-Max SEL. But if it isn't in the price range, that is completely understandable.

I went in looking at the SE, and came out with an Energi. But I'm also leasing, which worked out better for my needs this time.

Are you sure about the Energi? The Feds have a 4K or so rebate on them, and most states have a couple thousand. That makes it about as affordable as a C-Max SEL. But if it isn't in the price range, that is completely understandable.

I went in looking at the SE, and came out with an Energi. But I'm also leasing, which worked out better for my needs this

I won't be able to use the full tax credit. What you don't use you lose. O well.

I went in looking at the SE, and came out with an Energi. But I'm also leasing, which worked out better for my needs this

I won't be able to use the full tax credit. What you don't use you lose. O well.

If you lease, they leasing company gets the credit, and the price is reduced.

Just purchased a used 2013 CMAX SEL with 20K miles this past week and could not be happier.  I had never heard of this model vehicle until I test drove it at a Ford event last summer.  I am more comfortable in the driver's compartment with the higher clearance than I am in the Fusion.  As I guessed, I had my elderly tall father get in the vehicle at a dealership and he found it far more comfortable to enter than a sedan or a higher off-the-ground SUV.  

Scouring the country and ready to ship a vehicle purchase, I was surprised to find exactly the 2013 used model I wanted close to my residence-- an SEL with the premium navigation, Sony audio, sync and park assist package.  When I called USAA, I discovered my $100 deductible insurance only went up $200 annually compared to the old gas guzzling '96 Cadillac I was driving.  Why did I wait so long?

So far I have driven about 300 miles on about 7 gallons of gas so I cannot be happier.  Now that winter is setting in, I also love the heated seats!

Just purchased a used 2013 CMAX SEL with 20K miles this past week and could not be happier.  I had never heard of this model vehicle until I test drove it at a Ford event last summer.  I am more comfortable in the driver's compartment with the higher clearance than I am in the Fusion.  As I guessed, I had my elderly tall father get in the vehicle at a dealership and he found it far more comfortable to enter than a sedan or a higher off-the-ground SUV.  

Scouring the country and ready to ship a vehicle purchase, I was surprised to find exactly the 2013 used model I wanted close to my residence-- an SEL with the premium navigation, Sony audio, sync and park assist package.  When I called USAA, I discovered my $100 deductible insurance only went up $200 annually compared to the old gas guzzling '96 Cadillac I was driving.  Why did I wait so long?

So far I have driven about 300 miles on about 7 gallons of gas so I cannot be happier.  Now that winter is setting in, I also love the heated seats!

Welcome to the CMax family. Wait till summer when you roll down the windows and cruise in EV and put some nice music, all you hear is the music. I did this driving along Manhattan Beach - the noise from the sea, some nice slack guitar from Maxine, it very peaceful and no brrrrh, brrrrh, brrrh noise like a gas engine. Enjoy your CMax :)

I'm a new happy C-Max SE owner. 2014 Love the Winter Package. Still need to figure out Navigatio

Just purchased a used 2013 CMAX SEL with 20K miles this past week and could not be happier. ...

Congratulations, Edward R Stewart and NavyRuss! It is the perfect time for Winter Packages and Heated Seats.  ;) 

Have you registered those beauties on Ford Owner yet?

Rachel

When I asked a Progessive rep about it, they said its because the SUV is considered safer, which I find to be a load of prissis exhaust.  Both are about the same size

I went from a 2012 Explorer to a 2014 C-Max.  When I asked about the higher insurance for the C-Max my insurance rep said that insurance companies often put a higher rate on smaller cars because statistically people have a higher chance of getting hurt in an accident in a smaller car.

Edited by maerlim