Cloud music

markd

Well, my first thought is you'd have to be a LOT more specific (cloud music means anything streamed and that covers a *wide* range of things).

In general my experience with streaming even on platforms built for it (like my iPhone) is that it is less than perfect -- a world that, when it works, is fantastic, but it just doesn't work all the time.  Too unreliable, and thus I have fallen back to storing my music locally on both my phone and, in the case of Maximis, on a hard drive attached to USB (which also allows me to use the wonderful voice commands for searching and playing).  And I am usually on the bleeding edge of things - so for me to give up on it, at least for the present, says a lot.

USB is unlikely to work (the C-Max expects an attached USB drive and is pretty picky about how it's formatted -- it won't "see" the phone as such a drive).

Does the car connect via BT to your phone otherwise?  IOW, are you able to make calls, etc. through the interface (and, while we're at it, are you using MFT or just SYNC?)?  I am unfamiliar with how SYNC works, but the MFT system will properly stream BT from any device, as long as it connects.  Come to think of it, you need to connect BT to SYNC to do this as well.  So the first question is, did you sync your phone (no pun intended) .  You will need to enter the code that SYNC produces into your phone to tell it it's okay to send there, and it will show up as a BT device.

Once that's done anything you play on your phone will also play through the BT on the car (again, this is for MFT -- I have no experience otherwise).

You *can* run from the input jack on your phone to the audio input into the car (in the compartment that has the USB inputs) but that's kind of a PITA.  For that you'll need the right cord (I *think* it's just a 1/8 jack to RCA plugs, but I might be mistaken -- have no desire or inclination to ever do this).

Edited by Kelleytoons

The dealer synced both my wife and my phone. Not that it's a big deal but I hoped the BT would work like my receiver in the living room or at least like the speaker in my bathroom. I have an old kindle fire that I could use. Been a long time since I've had a computer or an iPod. I use my phone or tablet. I have another question, does it recognize flac files?

If your phone is synced AND is recognized when you get in (with MFT you will see that it is on the screen -- otherwise your phone itself will show the device as connected in your BT settings) then it will stream whatever is on it, FLAC or otherwise.  But if both your phones are synced you need to be sure that your phone is primary AND auto connects when you get in (don't use Android so can't comment but before the last iOS update the iPhones would not connect properly this way -- last one fixed this issue).

So check it -- if connected it should play just fine assuming you have selected BT as the audio source (you also need to do this).

(And Jack, I have SO much music in my collection I won't live along enough to hear it all, so I'm hearing things I've never heard before all the time).