Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

Possible alternative to jump start a dead battery

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mtb9153

mtb9153

Brother Mike (a.k.a. mtb9153)

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 1,553 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationS.F. South Bay Area, Ca.
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL with 303A, with Panoramic window using GasPods on the roof, born 9/9/12

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:09 PM

I found this product on YouTube at this link which seems promising to jump a dead battery in a small transportable package.

Might be worth looking into?  Although I've never had a battery issue with Maxus

https://www.touchofm...juno-jumpr-blue

Edited by mtb9153, 24 November 2014 - 11:47 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 842 posts
  • LocationLA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:49 AM

Just my opinion, but folks pay a lot of money for this vehicle, and if it is having dead batteries, they should pester the dealer to find out why - or get a buy back under the lemon laws. There is no excuse for a car dying like that if it is being driven regularly.

#3 OFFLINE   mtb9153

mtb9153

Brother Mike (a.k.a. mtb9153)

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationS.F. South Bay Area, Ca.
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL with 303A, with Panoramic window using GasPods on the roof, born 9/9/12

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:37 PM

I agree fully, $36k (I paid) is nothing to laugh at.  There has to be a solution to this problem and it's Ford's job to find it, so find it ASAP.  The buy out lemon law option shouldn't have to be used.

#4 OFFLINE   Wnuk

Wnuk

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 117 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Cmax

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:16 PM

Interesting looking product. Wonder how it would do in a very cold climate? It looks like it's rated at 6 AMPS.

#5 OFFLINE   SPL Tech

SPL Tech

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 286 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationhome
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:c-max 2013 SL

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:31 PM

Also keep in mind if your LV battery is dying all the time, you are going to seriously shorten its life. Those batteries are not designed to be deep cycled, and deep cycling it could easily shave 500% off its life if you do it all the time. Also, it is not clear how charging a dead battery with the DC/DC converter affects the life of the converter. It's well known that charging a dead battery frequently with an alternator can kill the alternator, and so it stands to reason doing the same with a DC/DC converter could damage the converter.

The correct answer is to get the technician to fix the issue. I think we have it fairly narrowed down. Water pump, software update, hot fuse. Those seem to be the three fixes so far, so look into it and fix the issue.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·