Opinions on rust-proofing your C-Max

Chodatus

Wanted to get peoples opinion on spraying an undercoat on the C-max. Is it worth it? Does regularly cleaning the car in the winter out weigh the benefits of an undercoat? Bought my C-max used so I'm not sure if anything was applied previously.

Location: Ontario Canada two seasons: Winter and Construction

Wanted to get peoples opinion on spraying an undercoat on the C-max. Is it worth it? Does regularly cleaning the car in the winter out weigh the benefits of an undercoat? Bought my C-max used so I'm not sure if anything was applied previously.

Location: Ontario Canada two seasons: Winter and Construction

Unnecessary, regardless of where you live. That's just another thing the dealer tries to scam you on, like nitrogen in your tires.

FYI CMAXes in Hawaii and Guam last as long as they do elsewhere, and those salty-air environments are more prone to corrosion than any area in the continental US, even the northern most point of Alaska.

Edited by SPL Tech

LOL thanks for the post - I had nearly forgotten about salt and rust and undercoating - I'm originally from the Northeast, but I guess I've been on Phoenix long enough now to not worry about that stuff!  After a few years, we do develop a light coating of dust on the chassis/floorpan/undercarriage, but that's about it!