Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

Yellow wrench, See Owner's Manual

check engine light

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Plus 3 Golfer

Plus 3 Golfer

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,785 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Location"Valley of the Sun" - AZ
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:59 AM

I am having the exact same issue and would like to know if you found a resolution, CAcreeks. I just purchased my C-Max and am going to be headed back to the dealership as this is within the guarantee, would still like to know if there is a fix.....

Describe your issue.  Are you referring to the first post?  I don't recall anyone else ever mentioning a message that says "see owner's manual."  If this is the mssg, where is it displayed?

As far as the Sync message, it is normal to get a mssg that says something like "shutting down to save power" and then "performing routine maintenance".  

If it is the "yellow wrench", you need the DTC.  You can put the left screen in Engineering Test Mode (see post 17) and scroll through the screens to read the codes (see attachment).  We can likely now "translate" what the codes say.

Attached File  ETM.JPG   41.26KB   0 downloads

Edited by Plus 3 Golfer, 25 September 2017 - 09:12 AM.

• obob likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   jestevens

jestevens

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 175 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SEL Hybrid

Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:02 AM

Combined with your other message about low power/loss of 12V.. "Routine maintenance" might be a "disk" check if the onboard entertainment computer was powered down improperly due to loss of 12V.. Or it could just be a regularly scheduled disk check.

Suspect a low 12V battery?

Edited by jestevens, 26 September 2017 - 06:05 AM.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·