Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

No 600 Mile Tank

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   shinytop

shinytop

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 163 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationPensacola
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:ShinyGray

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:37 PM

I got my C-Max at the end of May.  Bought it 250 miles away and did not get great mileage coming home, had a lot to learn.  Since then almost all city driving and every tank has been 600+ till this weekend.  Went to daughters for Thanksgiving and got 42.5 both directions. Mostly doing speed limits although as with any holiday weekend when all the traffic is doing 80 it is safer to keep up than to pursue mileage.  But was thrilled with that, had heat on trip up and back but about half way back had to turn on AC, wifey aboard.  

But I knew the car had pickup from around town but even at highway speeds it will flat get up and go.  No problem moving from behind 55 MPH motorhome into the passing lane doing 80.  This is a great car!

Edited by shinytop, 30 November 2014 - 11:38 PM.

• C-MaxSea likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   shinytop

shinytop

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 163 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationPensacola
  • Current Vehicle:ShinyGray

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:43 PM

The trip from Pensacola to Birmingham is not flat.  No large mountains but very little level areas longer than a mile or two.  But even so I got to the point where instant mileage was between 45 and 50 when the mileage column is kind of quivering.  Of course that lasts only until you get to the next hill but was nice to see.  

• C-MaxSea likes this

#3 OFFLINE   drdiesel1

drdiesel1

C-Max Hybrid Member

• Inactive
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationMonterey CA
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:37 AM

I run 55 psi in my tires. I drive an NRG and I average 75 mpg's all the time :happy feet:

You're correct..........The C-Max is a great car. 188 horsepower will stomp on the competition  :yahoo:

Edited by drdiesel1, 01 December 2014 - 12:38 AM.

• C-MaxSea likes this

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·