Keys with purchase

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, you get two.

I will say however, with all of the technology ford put into this vehicle, the keys seem really big and bulky. I would almost rather have a smaller key and separate fob instead of the all-in-one thing.

I agree completely! It's big and bulky, would much rather have a small key and a seperate FOB or a FOB with a retracting key (Switch blade kind of a thing).

I've been lokking for a new key solution which I started in another thread on this site.

• 1 month later...

You'll get two keys (Integrated Keyhead Transmitter, a key with a chip) if you have the keyed start, or two keyless keyfobs (Intelligent Access Key) if you have pushbutton start. 

If you have the IKT key, you can program a third key yourself assuming you have two keys on hand and get a third key cut; suggest you do this before you lose one, because if you only have one, you have to have the dealer reprogram the chip in the keys for you.

If you have the IA pushbutton start, a new keyfob and programming will run you about $140 for the keyfob (that contains a precut emergency key specific to your vehicle) and about $90 for them to reprogram the vehicle.  See my other thread on this topic in this section.

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/index.php?/topic/803-adding-a-third-intelligent-access-key-dealer-reprogramming/

Edited by JohnTrigger