battery dead and locked out

My 2013 C-Max seems to have a completely dead battery. It does not react at all to the keyless remote.  I took the key blade from the remote to open the driver's door. I can hear the mechanism movement in the door, but the door will not open.  How do I open the door?  As it is now, I can't open the door to release the hood to charge the battery.  I bought the car used and this is the first time I have had this problem.  I've tried the owner's manual but still have not been able to get into the car.  Thanks for any advice.

My 2013 C-Max seems to have a completely dead battery. It does not react at all to the keyless remote.  I took the key blade from the remote to open the driver's door. I can hear the mechanism movement in the door, but the door will not open.  How do I open the door?  As it is now, I can't open the door to release the hood to charge the battery.  I bought the car used and this is the first time I have had this problem.  I've tried the owner's manual but still have not been able to get into the car.  Thanks for any advice.

Is there any possibility the lock is frozen from moisture inside?

• 4 weeks later...

It happened to me in Dec. 2013. Could not even open the door because there was no blade key inside neither keyfob. Called assistance. They came (in a 19-years-old Subaru) and opened it the hard way (simply: they had to "burglarize" the car).

Did not get a single blade key ever since in spite of ordering it twice.