Fender Part (passenger side)

mrkurt74

I took ownership of my 2013 C-Max Hybrid on Memorial Day of this year.  On October 7, I was hit by a deer that did some substantial damage to the passenger side front of the car.  I knew instantly that my new car (first ever) would never be the same again.

For nearly 3 months, I have been struggling to get the car back to "normal."  Though the collision company guarantees 100% satisfaction, I am far from it.  

The inside of the fender has a number of insulation components, including a piece that can be seen from the top through the engine compartment.  It is black and looks closer to an insulation material you might find in your home compared to the foam insulation that is found elsewhere in the fender.  I have made 5 trips to the collision center since mid October and each time they have ordered the wrong part.  Even working with the local Ford parts dealer, they have come up short.

Today, I was told Ford does not sell the part and I am left to deal with the terrible, constant wind noise I hear.

Is there anyone who can help me locate this part?  Any ideas?

Thank you-

Kurt

ps, best I can tell...it may be part #7 in this diagram.  As you will see, it is the only part NOT available for sale.  Baffling...

http://www.oemautopartsandaccessories.com/catalog/parts/view/n/fender-liner-retainer-nut-w703069s300/v/ford-c-max-2013/vtec/415291/pid/e3fa8d7361c2b369/

Sorry to hear Kurt...

Personally at this point in time I'd call the insurance company explain your dissatisfaction with the current body shop  and insist  that the vehicle be seen by a qualiford ford technician at this point in time to figure out the missing pieces.

Since  now you are also dealing with the potential for a new car warranty exclusions...

There is also a ford rep here on the site...  Rachel  screen name  fordservice  They might be able to better assist.

Thanks Marc.  I appreciate the feedback.

I figured out the part #7 in the diagram is not what I am looking for.  I found the same part on another structural group diagram and it was listed as UHS, which I believe is ultra high strength steel.

I have been told the insulation part is attached (glued to the inside, top of the fender?) on the assembly line, but Ford does not produce extra or provide the part for resale.  

I'll keep searching...

I figured out the part #7 in the diagram is not what I am looking for.  I found the same part on another structural group diagram and it was listed as UHS, which I believe is ultra high strength steel.

I have been told the insulation part is attached (glued to the inside, top of the fender?) on the assembly line, but Ford does not produce extra or provide the part for resale.  

I'll keep searching...

Contact the Tricia, the FordService rep in these forums to see if she can assist with your issue.

FYI: You need to post at least 5 messages before you can Direct Message (DM) anyone here.

I'll keep searching...

Who exactly is telling you this info? The repair place? If so, be sceptical. Go directly to the Ford parts counter and have the parts guy pull up the diagrams and visually confirm the part #. And do not rely on 3rd party websites like oemautopartsandaccessories.com either, as they aren't the manufacturer. 

Rob-

I have done that.  The Collision repair shop shares a parking lot with the Ford dealer.  I have shown the part (on the driver's side) to the parts manager and asst. manager.  They have pulled up their diagrams and still cannot locate the part.  I have been along side them while they are doing it.  The whole thing is baffling to me.  I never would have thought the part could not be found.  No one seems to have a name or # for it.

Kurt

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow.  So sorry you are having such issues.   Makes me grateful that I had no issues either time I got rear ended.  It kind of sucks when you have the body shop on speed dial and they treat you like Norm in an old episode of Cheers, but at least my car was fixed to perfection each time.  I'd recommend them, but it might be just a bit far for you to bring your car to South Texas.

Much luck!