Can dealers add factory packages?

DaveloMA

I wouldn't even think about something like this. 1st, they'll hack the car. The added labor will be much higher than the value.

The parts will be much more expensive than the package availability from the factory. You might have interface problems

with it. These systems are all CAN-Buss controlled and integrated into the vehicle. You can add this stuff, but labor kills the deal.

The best thing to do is.......... BUY the CAR you want the way you want it.

That way it's not cobbled together by some flat rate tech.

Edited by drdiesel1

I would agree with the above poster, get the package you want.  I live in the Mid-Atlantic and almost every SE I've seen has the winter package.  That was not true in California where I was over the holidays and looked at cars with my dad.  Your profile says you are in MA, I'll bet most of the SE's you find have the winter package already.  I love those heated seats!  That heat up super fast (like 30 seconds and you feel the warmth starting, so unlike my 2005 Odyssey which takes at least 5 minutes) and you can set them to Roast if you want to.  You want the heated seats... I lived in MA for 5 years, I know.