Can I get a keyfob for remote start + doors?

If memory serves from older threads, there are two remote start systems; factory or dealer installed but they use different receivers and antennas so my guess is the answer is no.   

For my Energi, I typically use the web or phone app as it's more convenient with no distance limitation and I can set times.

• 1 month later...

The unit installed by the dealer isn't compatible with the factory systems. It's actually

considered an aftermarket system that's sold by Ford as a standalone system. No vehicle

integration is possible with that system. The only way to set it up with 1 FOB is to install

the factory push button system, control modules and reconfigure the car as if it was built with

the system from the factory. It can be done, but the cost will be rather high to do it. High labor

and high parts costs after the fact would make it prohibitive, IMO.

I was told that it is impossible. It was my understanding that all cars with remote start have two key fobs. Either way I wouldn't trust my dealer to install it.

All cars come with two FOB's.  It doesn't have a separate FOB to start the car. You have two identical FOB's.

One is a spare. You can install the factory system. You would need to special order all the necessary components

and use the Ford factory scan tool to configure the vehicles control modules to set it up.

It would cost more than you're willing to spend x10.

Edited by drdiesel1

I think that you misunderstood me, I was told that it was a separate fob for the remote start.

That's for the add-on unit the dealer sells. It's a standalone unit and it would require a separate FOB

as it's not integrated into the cars systems.

The only way to make it like a car ordered with the push button system would be to install

the factory system by ordering all the components and configuring the vehicle for it.

I decided to live without it, I park in the garage and don't really trust the dealer to install it. I was bummed to find out that I couldn't use the phone app to warm the seats.I think that the top of the line sel should have that. Oh well, I still have a super nice car.

I decided to live without it, I park in the garage and don't really trust the dealer to install it. I was bummed to find out that I couldn't use the phone app to warm the seats.I think that the top of the line sel should have that. Oh well, I still have a super nice car.

That's the problem with a standalone aftermarket add-on unit. Besides the fact that

the heated seat control is a rotary style design and it would require you to leave it on

one of the five settings to use it.

Is your car an Energi or Hybrid SEL?

Edited by drdiesel1

Yeah, we turn on the heated seats the night before we think we'll need them.  

The lack of proper post-factory installed extras is pretty disappointing.

This is why you buy the one you really want at time of purchase. New carz aren't

like the old daze where you can add anything you want after the fact. Today's

carz are computers and require networked control module systems for everything.

Edited by drdiesel1

This is why you buy the one you really want at time of purchase. New carz aren't

like the old daze where you can add anything you want after the fact. Today's

carz are computers and require networked control module systems for everything.

Yeah, that's pretty apparent. It's a real shame that car companies have moved in that direction.  Sure makes me less inclined to buy from them in the future.

• 2 years later...

I have no issues with remote start until the dealer installed a Guidepoint GPS-1 tracker. Now the remote start says it is active but nothing turns on. Will contact the dealer tomorrow. I would rather have remote start than the tracker because, as my wife says, Who is going to steal this car?