Audio Voice Command Stopped working

Well Kinda.

Car has been working fine.  I have been BT streaming pandora with my i phone,  playing music through an ipod classic and listening to radio and using voice commands

yesterday  got in the car  and audio was off,  but i was able to stream BT, play ipod.  No FM, No BT phone calls and no voice commands.  i was not able to control the volume from the touch screen or the steering wheel. but the touch screen still worked for climate and such.

from this picture  you can clearly see that the rigth side of the dash shows music playing, but the area next to the speedo  shows audio off.

so I turn the car off and back on.  no effect.

So I checked the manual no real help,  but it did ID the proper fuse.  so I pulled the fuse  wait 60 second and reninstall.

Works fine. I guess it needed a "cold" reboot

Still confusing as to why the system "crashed" but still worked in limited function.  I guess thats what we get with microsoft...   :)

post-2136-0-66807600-1421425996_thumb.jpg

Same thing just happened to me about 4 months ago (and re-occurred again this week again). BT was paired and working for several months, then for some reason, Synch would disconnect the "Phone Audio" portion only, leaving "Media Audio" working. (Status of these can be seen in Andriod Bluetooth menu.)  See this thread for details...http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/4450-synch-dropping-phone-connection/

I have appointment with dealer set-up for this Monday....suspect they will have to re-program Synch again.

Edited by Zathrus

Zath.

we'll see if it comes back...

but its fuse 79... under the glvoe box.  I was ready to make an appointment with the dealer and take it on monday (holiday for me)  But I abhor having to take a vehicle in for service.  I'd much rather do my own work on the car when possible...

so the time spent pulling the fuse was well worth it...to me...

Marc,

Thanks for the suggestion...I will give it a try.

Reviewing my owners manual, it appears fuse 79 is for "Radio, Hazard Light Switch".  I have the base SE with base radio and Synch (not My Ford Touch), so is it safe to assume Fuse 79 is the same in all versions of CMax? (I would hate to trip the airbags... :) ).  Did you have to reset your radio presets after this? Thanks.

Edited by Zathrus

Thanks for sharing this! Mine quit working and I had an appointment for Monday when I saw your post. Removed fuse 79 and put it back in and everything works now! Odd that the fuse was fine and just pulling and putting back did the trick. Canceling my appointment for Monday!

• 1 month later...

My 2013 C-MAX voice command quit. Everything else works. When you pull back the lever there is no sound. The screen says "listening", but there is no response to commands. I can make and receive calls through sync. The voice and mike work fine using the phone.

I have done a master and hard reset.

My 2013 C-MAX voice command quit. Everything else works. When you pull back the lever there is no sound. The screen says "listening", but there is no response to commands. I can make and receive calls through sync. The voice and mike work fine using the phone.

I have done a master and hard reset.

Make sure the master reset went through all the way, fordjunk. If your radio presets were still saved or the phone was still paired, the master reset may need to be performed again. Here are the steps if you have MyFord Touch (let me know if you have a different system): http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/myford-touch/phone-setup/how-to-perform-a-master-reset.html Since this is a speed-restricted feature, make sure the vehicle is in park while you're resetting. 

If you don't notice an improvement after performing another master reset, I recommend scheduling an appointment with your dealership. They'll take great care of you! 

Kim

• 3 months later...

Just a guess, but maybe you can try a master reset after you pulled and replaced the fuse.

Ford Radio audio guy checked my car and he said the Radio Audio Module was bad and he needed to order one. He will be back in a week to install it . He apparently did something because I had My first dead battery That I didn't cause and now the speakers make a hissing sound when I start and shut off the car. Fortunately I had my jumper battery at home.

Paul

Edited by ptjones

Well I had the Radio Audio Module replaced yesterday and everything seems to be working fine and I checked my 12v batt. this morning and it was reading 12.2v instead of 10-11v.  Looks like this a possible solution for dead battery problem. :yahoo:

Paul

• 5 years later...

I had this same issue. Sync not recognizing my audio commands. ?Removed fuse #79 (below glove box). Checked fuse with multimeter, but it had so much carbon deposit on it

that I had no reading. Cleaned carbon patina on fuse off with sandpaper. Checked fuse ...it was good. Reinstalled....sync working properly again.

There was enough carbon on the fuse to make the connection intermittent or just not there anymore.?

After running the car for a week the Sync problem came back. Will try the fuse pull plus the reset.

Well, no simple fix in my case. After taking car in to dealer turns out there was a fleet vehicle tracking cable still under the dashboard.  Got that removed. Also replaced the controller module behind the radio as it seemed likely the fleet vehicle connections had done some damage to the module. At the same time my main battery for starting was showing  correct voltage but was not really holding a charge correctly. That was causing my door locks not to consistently function. Fun ?.

Everything is working really good now after those fixes. Road tested with  5k miles.  ?

Edited by GreenMax
Update