Fan Starts on High

shinytop

I often drive with my climate control off.  Usually when it is cooler out and I don't need moving air.  So when I turn it off it is almost always in the low setting for temp and a/c off.  So when I press the power button for climate control it always start in highest fan speed and I have to turn it down.  Why wouldn't it, under the given circumstances, just start up in the fan speed when I turned it off?

We had a discussion about the climate control last year.  

Long story short---if you want to keep the settings you had when you turn off the climate control, one of the vent options must be on (i.e. floor, face or defrost arrows)  If none are selected, it defaults back to the auto setting.

In my case, I noticed that the A/C was always "on" when I turned on the climate control, even though I always turned it off when driving.

Edited by Adrian_L

I often drive with my climate control off.  Usually when it is cooler out and I don't need moving air.  So when I turn it off it is almost always in the low setting for temp and a/c off.  So when I press the power button for climate control it always start in highest fan speed and I have to turn it down.  Why wouldn't it, under the given circumstances, just start up in the fan speed when I turned it off?

Same reason the :doh: "Auto Dual Zone" HVAS

IS NOT AUTO OR DUAL ZONE!!!

DW has already said it's a deal killer this fall when we buy a :wub2: F150  ...pick another manufacturer!!!

I told her YEP!!!

Maybe my next pickup will be named Silver or Toy.

Edited by wab