Fuel injector failure every 37,000 miles

Recumpence

Like the (admirably restrained) Plus 3 Golfer last week, I'm not prepared to get into a juvenile spitting match with you.  Keep on insulting people and you'll get kicked off the forum a second time. 

You seem to be the only one insulted and I wasn't even talking/replying to you. You have problems

and I'm not the source of them. Sorry!

OMG! ....................I'll never use BOLD type again :lol2:

Edited by drdiesel1

:lol:

OPS sorry everybody, I violated "Bully on Line" rule #1.
I engaged the bully which is his only reason for being on the forum

Edited by wab

Thanks for reminding me, you were on “Ignore” for months last time.

Then you were gone???

Then you were back???

Click on user ID on black tool bar

ccclick

Click on “Manage Ignore Prefs”

ccclick

Type “Members Name” in “Add a user to my list”

drdiesel1

Click “Ignore” Posts

ccclick

Now you’re gone again :)

Excellent!  Thanks for posting the tutorial too. Too bad you won't see this ;)

...input that's not directed towards you ...

Any input that's directed towards a specific individual, only, would be in a private message, by definition.

When you post in a public forum, you are speaking in public to all readers. If that's not your intent, it's your problem to fix, not ours.

Have fun,

Frank

Any input that's directed towards a specific individual, only, would be in a private message, by definition.

When you post in a public forum, you are speaking in public to all readers. If that's not your intent, it's your problem to fix, not ours.

Have fun,

Frank

Sorry, Frank.........I'm not the one with the problem.  Thanks!

I am currently watching "Big Bang Theory" and drdiesel1 reminds me much of Sheldon.

It also reminds me why behavior like they display on sit coms really doesn't work in the real world. It is neither funny nor endearing.

LOL... smh...

Yes and you remind me of Penny :victory:

MBR has been proven wrong.  If drdiesel1 were like Sheldon, then his witty reply would have ended with "Bazinga!"

• 2 weeks later...

WELLLLLLLLLL! Considering they offer multiple coverage levels, it's not a simple yes or no.

You need to READ the policy to know whats covered. Sorry if you don't like my reply, but

it's to the point and most people need sugar with the truth. I don't carry any, so you'll need

to find your own. I'm an insurance inspector for failure analysis. Some companies offer 8

different coverage levels and it's a common practice for the dealer to over charge for the base

policy that isn't worth the paper it's printed on. Feel better now?

2 injectors isn't EVERYTHING.  Dude, you need to get a grip.

Considering the FACT that, I wasn't talking to you in my reply........ Who cares how your little feelings, feel.

Get over yourself and learn to deal with the truth. Your feelings posts are useless and add nothing. PLEASE!

Thats enough, DrDiesel has been banned. He was banned prior for bad behavior, was allowed back but now hes back to his ole condescending posting ways. Adios.

Carry on, nothing to see here except a bad apple getting tossed out.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Fuel injectors should be covered under the 3/36 B2B as I don't see it specifically excluded from coverage.  But, fuel injectors are not shown as covered under the 5/60 Powertrain warrant;y.   The 2013 and 2014 Warranty documents are attached.

attachicon.gif13hybwa2e.pdfattachicon.gif14hybwa1e.pdf

That's strange because the 5/60 covers the fuel pump, which is clearly not a part of the engine. It says it covers the "injection pump." Is there a high pressure fuel pump mounted on the engine that ups the pressure from the fuel pump in the tank? Maybe by injection pump they mean fuel injector. Super strange that a part that is clearly part of the engine is not covered, but a part that is clearly not part of the engine is covered.

Ok guys. DD has had a long history here and he was "timed out" before and warned about his posting. Banning him was not taken lightly but enough is ENOUGH. 

Now, I would appreciate if we can go back to the original poster's topic at hand so as to not trash the thread.

If people want to continue the DD discussion, please start a new discussion in the Lounge and keep it there.

Thank you :)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

As a new member here I find all of this very disturbing from both sides. I don't want to be bothered with this type of activity and maybe I am way off base in my views from reading all of these posts.

It we differ that much on opinion will we all be banned for our views and difference of opinion. Kind of looks like few members had a clash and held a grudge about it. I hope I never find myself in this type of situation.  I guess it gets tempers up when your vehicle is in the shop without resolve over a long period of time.  Hope this isn't a place were we let anger from other places get the better of us.

Cheers

As a new member here I find all of this very disturbing from both sides. I don't want to be bothered with this type of activity and maybe I am way off base in my views from reading all of these posts.

It we differ that much on opinion will we all be banned for our views and difference of opinion. Kind of looks like few members had a clash and held a grudge about it. I hope I never find myself in this type of situation.  I guess it gets tempers up when your vehicle is in the shop without resolve over a long period of time.  Hope this isn't a place were we let anger from other places get the better of us.

Cheers

Thanks for your input, your reading of this is not correct and no one is being censored/banned for opinion or view. This is not a grudge either. If anyone else has any concerns, please PM me. 

Like I posted above, PLEASE take this discussion to its own thread to the LOUNGE section.

This thread is about injector failures experienced by Matt so let the conversation continue in that vein. 

Thank you.

So would you say I'm wrong to think you are a little hostile around here ? I hope this isn't a normal way of

handling problems that have come up or I might need to move on. Thanks for your understanding about my

concerns. I don't really care to discuss it further. Just trying to get a feel for this forum. 

Over and Out.

Actually, this is not an uncommon problem. Google it and you will see what I mean.

However, I have noticed a trend, both of my injectors went out in super cold weather. The reports I have read online seem to be from drivers in cold climates and their injectors went out in winter. I bet thermal shock has something to do with it.

Yes the first injector was covered under warranty.

Matt

I am so thankful for this Forum.  Just experienced a fuel injector failure on the weekend at 80K km/ 50K miles, confirmed at dealer today, and I think my guess impressed the SA. 

Good to know they are relatively rare among us, even with the long cold spell through Feb in NE.  If I get another, I'll consider replacing all 4 at the same time, but for now will see how FE is affected. 

Glad car ran smoothly in EV mode but might be fun to have option to press a button and get a  "rough idle massage"!

Will miss DD.

I am so thankful for this Forum.  Just experienced a fuel injector failure on the weekend at 80K km/ 50K miles, confirmed at dealer today, and I think my guess impressed the SA. 

Good to know they are relatively rare among us, even with the long cold spell through Feb in NE.  If I get another, I'll consider replacing all 4 at the same time, but for now will see how FE is affected. 

Glad car ran smoothly in EV mode but might be fun to have option to press a button and get a  "rough idle massage"!

Will miss DD.

How hard was it to replace the injector?