Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

Fuel injector failure every 37,000 miles

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   fbov

fbov

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 1,319 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:20 PM

He'd already been banned once, as I recall, and the "time out" didn't make a differenece.

It's unfortunate that a valued poster would devalue their contribution to this extent, but the forum is better off, as a whole, for it.

Frank

• Adrian_L likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   markd

markd

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 385 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationUnited States
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:c-max sel

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:27 PM

It's been my experience that some people get caught up in things and don't know when to walk away.
  • ptjones likes this

#43 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 3,148 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX SEL

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:11 PM

Well he's still on the CMAX NRG forum if you have question. :)

Paul

#44 OFFLINE   Jus-A-CMax

Jus-A-CMax

Brother Jus

• Moderators
  • 3,246 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSan Fernando, CA
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:SEL

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:52 PM

Ok guys. DD has had a long history here and he was "timed out" before and warned about his posting. Banning him was not taken lightly but enough is ENOUGH. 

Now, I would appreciate if we can go back to the original poster's topic at hand so as to not trash the thread.

If people want to continue the DD discussion, please start a new discussion in the Lounge and keep it there.

Thank you :)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax, 27 February 2015 - 02:55 PM.

• Adrian_L likes this

#45 OFFLINE   SStoner

SStoner

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationWA
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Hybrid

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:27 PM

As a new member here I find all of this very disturbing from both sides. I don't want to be bothered with this type of activity and maybe I am way off base in my views from reading all of these posts.

It we differ that much on opinion will we all be banned for our views and difference of opinion. Kind of looks like few members had a clash and held a grudge about it. I hope I never find myself in this type of situation.  I guess it gets tempers up when your vehicle is in the shop without resolve over a long period of time.  Hope this isn't a place were we let anger from other places get the better of us.

Cheers

#46 OFFLINE   Jus-A-CMax

Jus-A-CMax

Brother Jus

• Moderators
  • 3,246 posts
  • LocationSan Fernando, CA
  • Current Vehicle:SEL

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:16 PM

As a new member here I find all of this very disturbing from both sides. I don't want to be bothered with this type of activity and maybe I am way off base in my views from reading all of these posts.

It we differ that much on opinion will we all be banned for our views and difference of opinion. Kind of looks like few members had a clash and held a grudge about it. I hope I never find myself in this type of situation.  I guess it gets tempers up when your vehicle is in the shop without resolve over a long period of time.  Hope this isn't a place were we let anger from other places get the better of us.

Cheers

Thanks for your input, your reading of this is not correct and no one is being censored/banned for opinion or view. This is not a grudge either. If anyone else has any concerns, please PM me. 

Like I posted above, PLEASE take this discussion to its own thread to the LOUNGE section.

This thread is about injector failures experienced by Matt so let the conversation continue in that vein. 

Thank you.

• obob likes this

#47 OFFLINE   SStoner

SStoner

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationWA
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Hybrid

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:56 PM

So would you say I'm wrong to think you are a little hostile around here ? I hope this isn't a normal way of

handling problems that have come up or I might need to move on. Thanks for your understanding about my

concerns. I don't really care to discuss it further. Just trying to get a feel for this forum. 

Over and Out.

#48 OFFLINE   jdbob

jdbob

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 258 posts
  • LocationJohn Day, Oregon
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:02 PM

Over in the Tesla Motors Club forum they have something I don't think I've seen anywhere else. There is a thread called "snippiness" that gets posts deemed unsuitable, they are removed from the original posting thread and moved there.

#49 OFFLINE   Tree63

Tree63

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 74 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationCanada
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C Max Hybrid

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:39 PM

Actually, this is not an uncommon problem. Google it and you will see what I mean.

However, I have noticed a trend, both of my injectors went out in super cold weather. The reports I have read online seem to be from drivers in cold climates and their injectors went out in winter. I bet thermal shock has something to do with it.

Yes the first injector was covered under warranty.

Matt

I am so thankful for this Forum.  Just experienced a fuel injector failure on the weekend at 80K km/ 50K miles, confirmed at dealer today, and I think my guess impressed the SA. 

Good to know they are relatively rare among us, even with the long cold spell through Feb in NE.  If I get another, I'll consider replacing all 4 at the same time, but for now will see how FE is affected. 

Glad car ran smoothly in EV mode but might be fun to have option to press a button and get a  "rough idle massage"!

Will miss DD.

• C-MaxSea and SPL Tech like this

#50 OFFLINE   SPL Tech

SPL Tech

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 286 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationhome
  • Current Vehicle:c-max 2013 SL

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:02 AM

I am so thankful for this Forum.  Just experienced a fuel injector failure on the weekend at 80K km/ 50K miles, confirmed at dealer today, and I think my guess impressed the SA. 

Good to know they are relatively rare among us, even with the long cold spell through Feb in NE.  If I get another, I'll consider replacing all 4 at the same time, but for now will see how FE is affected. 

Glad car ran smoothly in EV mode but might be fun to have option to press a button and get a  "rough idle massage"!

Will miss DD.

How hard was it to replace the injector?

#51 OFFLINE   Tree63

Tree63

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 74 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationCanada
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C Max Hybrid

Posted 07 March 2015 - 06:33 AM

How hard was it to replace the injector?

Work done at dealer under extended warranty, so just wait time for me.  Ready next day - seems to running fine again.

Not sure how a fuel injector "breaks" - just clogged or does something shear off somehow.  Wonder if Ford looks at such broken parts from a QA/improvement/root cause perspective, in case it is a manufacturing defect of some kind for a part common across a family or model year. 

#52 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 3,148 posts
  • LocationNewnan, GA

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:22 AM

Work done at dealer under extended warranty, so just wait time for me.  Ready next day - seems to running fine again.

Not sure how a fuel injector "breaks" - just clogged or does something shear off somehow.  Wonder if Ford looks at such broken parts from a QA/improvement/root cause perspective, in case it is a manufacturing defect of some kind for a part common across a family or model year. 

I believe Warranty work, they send the parts back to FORD to have them evaluated. This may also keep the Dealers honest to keep them from preforming unneeded work. :) 

Paul 

#53 OFFLINE   obob

obob

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 545 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationUS
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SE

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:30 AM

This kind of makes me want to get a low deductible if I get an extended warranty.  The cost of an injector might be close to the cost of the deductible.

• ptjones likes this

#54 OFFLINE   kostby

kostby

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 553 posts
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Hybrid SE

Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:19 PM

This kind of makes me want to get a low deductible if I get an extended warranty.  The cost of an injector might be close to the cost of the deductible.

Please re-read post #1 in this thread: "The part was $47 and took an hour to install"

#55 OFFLINE   DaveofDurham

DaveofDurham

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 568 posts
  • LocationDurham NC
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAx SEL

Posted 03 June 2015 - 04:31 PM

The fuel injector for our #4 cylinder went our yesterday morning.  We started the car (2013 SEL with about 48,000 miles), drove about 2 houses down the street and then there was loud noise and vibration up front and the check engine light started flashing.  We immediately parked the car and had it towed to the dealer at noon.  They read the code which indicated a bad fuel injector.  They replaced the injector this morning and did our 14E02 and 15B04 updates too.  My wife drove the car home and all seemed to be operating normally.

#56 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 3,148 posts
  • LocationNewnan, GA

Posted 03 June 2015 - 04:57 PM

Well I'm at almost 101Kmi. and still no injector problems, I think I used Techron at around 60Kmi. Are you using Top Tier Gas? ;)

Paul

#57 OFFLINE   DaveofDurham

DaveofDurham

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 568 posts
  • LocationDurham NC
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAx SEL

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:44 PM

Well I'm at almost 101Kmi. and still no injector problems, I think I used Techron at around 60Kmi. Are you using Top Tier Gas? ;)

Paul

Top Tier Gas - I suppose I am when I buy gas at Costco, but not sure about the gas at Kroger.

#58 OFFLINE   markd

markd

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 385 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:c-max sel

Posted 03 June 2015 - 07:14 PM

Gas from Kroger is the same as gas from anywhere, it all comes from the same refinery. Last time I filled up I saved eighty cent's a gallon!

#59 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 536 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 03 June 2015 - 07:40 PM

Gas from Kroger is the same as gas from anywhere, it all comes from the same refinery. Last time I filled up I saved eighty cent's a gallon!

That isn't quite true. While the base gas is the same, the difference is the extras added to the gas. Typically, lower end gas stations and many gas stations only have the EPA minimum, which many experts claim is insufficient. Top Tier gas has a level of detergents that meets higher standards, which do a much better job at keeping injectors and fuel lines clean.

#60 OFFLINE   Bill-N

Bill-N

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 637 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationConnecticut
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 10 December 2015 - 09:40 PM

Well, count me in the failed injector camp.  "Misfire in cylinder 3."  Same symptoms as others, viz. VERY rough idle, check engine light, and, in my case, an accelerator pedal that did nothing.  Press on the pedal and nothing happens.  Weird sensation.  Rather like a computer mouse that doesn't work.  Oh, but the "ready to drive" message and icon were displayed.

I ran a health check and it said the check engine light is on.  That was helpful.  Engineering test mode showed no codes whatever.

Had car towed to dealer and three workdays later "DTC p0203" and "replace #3 injector."  All done under warranty (43k mi).  Including the tow.

So now I'm back on the road but with gradually failing trust in the cars reliability.  Too bad.  I really, really like the car.

PS:  It's getting harder and harder to refrain from sarcasm when writing posts.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·