Publication Date: November 13, 2014
FORD: 2013-2014 C-MAX, Fusion
LINCOLN: 2013-2014 MKZ
This article supersedes TSB 14-0176 to update the service procedure due to service tool compatability.
Some 2013-2014 C-MAX, Fusion and MKZ vehicles equipped with an HF35 transmission may exhibit a thumping/rubbing or grinding noise coming from the transmission. The noise may be present in all gear ranges including neutral when the vehicle is moving, but will not be present when the vehicle is stationary or in Park.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- With the vehicle at operating temperature, road test the vehicle and lightly apply the brakes from 48-16 Km/h (30-10 MPH).
- The engine shuts-off on deceleration when the vehicle is at operating temperature.
- Is a thumping/rubbing or grinding noise present?
- No - this article does not apply. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 307-01 for normal diagnosis.
- Yes - proceed to Step 3.
- Install new transmission assembly. Refer to WSM, Section 307-01.
- Flush transmission fluid cooling system. Refer to WSM, Section 307-02.
Edited by Bill-N, 04 February 2015 - 05:08 PM.