Publication Date: May 8, 2014
FORD: 2013-2014 C-MAX
This article supersedes TSB 12-12-6 to update the Title, Issue Statement, Service Procedure and Parts List.
Some 2013-2014 C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi vehicles built on or before 1/31/2014 may exhibit a concern of a false liftgate ajar warning indicator illuminated in the message center. In addition, some vehicles equipped with a power liftgate may not cinch the liftgate flush to the body.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- Open the liftgate and remove the stop bumper covers and stop bumper caps on both sides of the liftgate. (Figure 1)
Figure 1 - 14-0070
- Loosen the stop bumper screws and pull the stop bumpers fully rearward. (Figure 2)
Figure 2 - 14-0070
- Manually lower the liftgate until it is flush with the body.
- Raise the liftgate and tighten both stop bumper screws to 4 Nm (35 lb-in). (Figure 3)
Figure 3 - 14-0070
- Install the stop bumper covers and stop bumper caps. (Figure 4)
Figure 4 - 14-0070
- Did the stop bumper adjustment resolve the concern?
- Yes - repair is complete.
- No - proceed to Step 7.
- Is the vehicle equipped with a power liftgate?
- Yes - proceed to Step 8.
- No - this article does not apply. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 501-03 for normal diagnosis.
- Replace the power liftgate latch and liftgate power striker motor. Refer to WSM, Sections 501-03 and 501-14.
- Insert the push pin that is attached to the power liftgate latch cable into the liftgate power striker motor bracket hole.
Edited by Bill-N, 04 February 2015 - 07:55 PM.