Are they actually chains ? Most dollies have tire straps.

If they are chains the only places would be to the lower control arms or to the sub-frame.

Most sub-frames have tie-down holes that are used when shipping the vehicle.

IMO, the lower control arms would be the preferred location.

Greeting and welcome

Which Demco do you have?

Are the chains tie down or safety chains?
I ask because our Master dolly only had safety chains for the dolly not the car WHICH REALLY bothered me when one of the straps came loose on our Mini CooperS, never had a problem with the cmax because it fit the dolly much better than the Mini.

I really didn't like the dolly, too wide, (right tire was always on the shoulder), so we flat tow the cmax.

Please add any tow dolly info you have to the "Recreational Towing (behind a motor home)" thread.
http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/374-recreational-towing-behind-a-motor-home/

wab

• 4 months later...

So just checking here - when towing the c-max on a tow dolly, are there any battery concerns?  I have seen the posts on flat towing talking about the battery problems.  I just traded my mini cooper that I had been towing on a tow dolly for a 2013 c-max, and was planning to tow it on the tow dolly also.  Just wanting to make sure before I went on my first trip with it (beginning of August).

Thanks for your help!  I'm going to cross post this on the Recreational Towing forum also, to make sure it gets seen.

So just checking here - when towing the c-max on a tow dolly, are there any battery concerns?  I have seen the posts on flat towing talking about the battery problems.  I just traded my mini cooper that I had been towing on a tow dolly for a 2013 c-max, and was planning to tow it on the tow dolly also.  Just wanting to make sure before I went on my first trip with it (beginning of August).

Thanks for your help!  I'm going to cross post this on the Recreational Towing forum also, to make sure it gets seen.

No battery problems on a dolly.

Park it on the dolly just DO NOT set the hand brake.

We traded our CooperS/dolly for the Cmax. Put it on the dolly a couple of times.

Sold the dolly on Craigslist for about half what it cost to modify the cmax for 4 wheel down towing.

• 4 weeks later...

We just prepared the C-Max for flat-towing, after 3 trips with the tow dolly.  Blue Ox base plates, charge wire from MH to toad, ball and socket LED lights, trickle charger, new to us Roadmaster All-Terrain tow bar new to us Patriot Brake Controller. First outing will be to TN this coming Saturday, about four and half hours away.

Should have no battery issues. The Demco Kar Kaddy 3 with optional spare tire and wheeled jack stand will be sold.