Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

HVB Health from OBDII Data Analysis

HVB HV Battery Health OBDII Resistance

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   fbov

fbov

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 1,408 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:13 PM

Have you updated it since 14E02? That's when I first noticed this change on start-up. And I have an warm-up operating mode you don't list.

You can tell when S1a ends because the ICE begins providing the power needed to propel the car and charge the battery.

Per your stage criteria, S1a ends at the top of my street, perhaps 100 yards away, no more.

- EV power in engage goes to zero,

- charge carat switches from discharge to charge

- engine speed rises and engine is louder, consistent with load.

I'll pay attention on the cold days to see if S1a makes it around the corner. No way I'm near 40C that fast after a -10C night!

And then there's the missing a mode. I would call it "limited EV" mode, characterized by S2 operation, but with a 1-bar ICE threshold that is independent of HVB charge level, but depends on coolant temperature. When using heat, this is the transition mode between S1b and S2, and one that transitions back and forth. As coolant temp falls in a glide, the threshold will drop to 1 bar before dropping to zero (ICE on). As coolant temp rises after a burn, the threshold will rise to the normal SOC-dependent 1-2 bars EV.

Now, if I leave the heat at 60F, this doesn't happen, the car works as you describe. Once I'm in S2, bumping the heat even 2 degrees results in a 1-bar ICE threshold until the engine is warm enough, but it reverts when it cools. It makes for really long glides with a little throttle discipline, and really few EV miles without!

Your thoughts?

Frank

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 494 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationMinneapolis
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium, 2013 Focus Electric, my parents have a C-Max Energi

Posted 01 February 2016 - 12:02 PM

Have you updated it since 14E02? That's when I first noticed this change on start-up. And I have an warm-up operating mode you don't list.

No, that's the problem. We have an Energi now & we only use the ICE on long trips. We've never started our Energi cold with a depleted HVB & it's been a couple years since we had the FFH now.

#43 OFFLINE   fbov

fbov

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 1,408 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:59 PM

We all move on, eventually. I've appreciated your input, and thank you for your contributions.

Frank

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HVB, HV, Battery, Health, OBDII, Resistance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·