Check Engine Light

ctford

Update:

Just got off the phone with the service department and the parts that were used to fix my original check fuel filler inlet / check engine light has been redesigned and on backorder. They are estimating 2 weeks until the parts arrive. This will be the 3rd version of the part and I was advised the vehicle is ok to drive until the parts arrive.

Maybe v3.5.1 of Sync will be available by then and I can have the update performed during service.

I too am waiting for the new filler pipe to arrive to be installed in my CMax with a little over 2,000 miles on it. I brought it to the dealer on the 2nd January, to have the following two parts replaced that were deemed faulty:

AU5Z-9C915-C Valve A         

FV6Z-9034-C Pipe

The first part is a Vapor Management Valve (emissions related) and the second part a "Filler Neck" for the fuel pipe (?).

Upon installation, the dealer informed me that the FV6Z-9034-C Pipe failed and that they ordered a new part again. So, my CMax sat at the dealer for almost one week without the part arriving from FORD. It was backordered, without FORD informing the dealer. So, I picked up the car after almost one week, and have been driving it since. The dealer said it was ok to drive. Sad that FORD is having this quality issue, but I still love my CMax, and missed it sorely when it was in the shop. The dealer loaned me the small Lincoln which I did not enjoy driving.

I'm still chewing on the issue of whether or not to purchase an extended warranty and leaning more towards doing so in light of the numerous issues reported on this Community Forum.

I too am waiting for the new filler pipe to arrive to be installed in my CMax with a little over 2,000 miles on it. I brought it to the dealer on the 2nd January, to have the following two parts replaced that were deemed faulty:

AU5Z-9C915-C Valve A         

FV6Z-9034-C Pipe

The first part is a Vapor Management Valve (emissions related) and the second part a "Filler Neck" for the fuel pipe (?).

Upon installation, the dealer informed me that the FV6Z-9034-C Pipe failed and that they ordered a new part again. So, my CMax sat at the dealer for almost one week without the part arriving from FORD. It was backordered, without FORD informing the dealer. So, I picked up the car after almost one week, and have been driving it since. The dealer said it was ok to drive. Sad that FORD is having this quality issue, but I still love my CMax, and missed it sorely when it was in the shop. The dealer loaned me the small Lincoln which I did not enjoy driving.

I'm still chewing on the issue of whether or not to purchase an extended warranty and leaning more towards doing so in light of the numerous issues reported on this Community Forum.

The new part on order is 4635IFEPS.

We have had ours for 1 month and it is back in for the 2nd time for the engine light :-( The first payment is still not due yet! We love the car, but this is driving me nuts! They could not find anything the first time..... hope they find the problem this time. Sometimes I wish we had my old Vibe back 150,000 + miles when we traded it in and never a problem. It seams like when you buy a NEW car it should not have to be in the shop more than an OLD one. 

• 3 weeks later...

When starting the C-Max in the morning , I got the "Check Engine" light rather than the normal OK to Drive indicator. Pressed the On/Off button and then the Ok to Drive came on. No Fuel Filler warning light.

Both times it has been after a time of driving on EV mode and the battery indicator is down in the bottom 1/3rd, due to EV and EV+ driving to home.

I guess I will have the dealer run for codes;  any other experiences like this?

When starting the C-Max in the morning , I got the "Check Engine" light rather than the normal OK to Drive indicator. Pressed the On/Off button and then the Ok to Drive came on. No Fuel Filler warning light.

Both times it has been after a time of driving on EV mode and the battery indicator is down in the bottom 1/3rd, due to EV and EV+ driving to home.

I had the Check Engine Light that would go away after a few miles, then Check Fuel Filler Inlet it would go away after a few miles, next was Check Engine Light with no Fuel Filler Inlet that never went away, now both have disappered but I can't fill beyond 3/4 tank. Still no word from Ford on the new parts, their tech line says its a complete redesign.

Are you sure you had your foot fully pressed on the brake when you pushed the button?

I got the "Check Fuel fill Inlet" message last week.  Took it to the dealer last Friday.  They said it is unsafe to drive and they are waiting on parts that are on backorder.  A week later, I'm still without the car and no clue when the parts will be in.  They are going to give me a loaner today but only because I've been so insistent about it.  I love the car but I hope this is not an omen of things to come. I don't really understand how there can be such a shortage of parts.  They must have parts to make new cars!  Thanks, just had to vent.

I got the "Check Fuel fill Inlet" message last week.  Took it to the dealer last Friday.  They said it is unsafe to drive and they are waiting on parts that are on backorder.  A week later, I'm still without the car and no clue when the parts will be in.  They are going to give me a loaner today but only because I've been so insistent about it.  I love the car but I hope this is not an omen of things to come. I don't really understand how there can be such a shortage of parts.  They must have parts to make new cars!  Thanks, just had to vent.

You should not have to be insistent to get a loaner.  The car is under warranty, you should have received one.

Mosscat... I'm also waiting on a part to come in. Never had to order a part for my last car during 9 years of ownership.

Occasionally I visit the Ford Motor Company Facebook page and it appears that parts being on "back order" occurs on numerous Ford products..

I don't regret my C-Max purchase and I don't think our issues are signs of things to come. But with it being a new release, anything that pops up...I'm going straight to the dealer.

Update from dealer, new part for Fuel Filer Inlet should arrive next Monday. Dealer stated this version has a completely different part # from previous versions. For those waiting on orders this should mean you will not have to encounter this issue as I would expect the new part is now installed on customer cars in production.

I will post new part # and service info from my ticket as soon as its installed.

Edited by darrelld

CassidyB, I finally got my car back after 2 weeks and it's running great.  I was told the car is so new there was no stock on the part and they were waiting for it to be manufactured. I don't regret the purchase either, I really do love the car.  It was great to have it back.

These days most factories use real time inventory. If they plan to build 100 cars next week then it's arranged to receive 100 pieces of a specific part this week. That way they don't waste money on large warehouses stocked with parts. The downside is the limited availability of spare parts for dealership repairs.

The upside for any company is that if a part gets revised because there was a problem with the original part they're not stuck with thousands of useless parts like in the old days.