Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

Check Engine Light

engine light check

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   brodey

brodey

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 8 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Locationflorida
  • Current Vehicle:cmax se

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

yep ... check fuel filler inlet  / check engine messages... 1500 miles , dealer visit tomorrow .  

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   brodey

brodey

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 8 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Locationflorida
  • Current Vehicle:cmax se

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

1st visit - dealer reset..  2nd visit - parts on back order ... cannister purge valve

#23 OFFLINE   RachelnLa

RachelnLa

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationLouisiana
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

Hope it's fixed soon!

That's why I love this forum. Can you imagine not knowing the problems or solutions from others? How lost you would be. Thanks everyone for sharing.
  • brodey likes this

#24 OFFLINE   AMSDPS

AMSDPS

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 48 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationWest Michigan
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford C-Max

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

Still waiting on my parts anyone else experiencing a long wait?
  • andeeca likes this

#25 OFFLINE   darrelld

darrelld

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Fusion Hybrid Titanium, 2013 C-Max Hybrid SEL 302A

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

My check fuel filler inlet  / check engine messages have returned. Anyone have to make a second visit for this problem?

#26 OFFLINE   PWBarrett

PWBarrett

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 213 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationPlano, TX
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid SEL

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

I've wondered if this is a matter of the spring-loaded fuel filler hatch not sealing when the gas pump filler is withdrawn.

Maybe it could be "fixed" by punching it in and letting it re-seat.  But I'd hate to have to make a habit of it.

#27 OFFLINE   darrelld

darrelld

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

I tried suggestions listed in the manual but it was to no effect. Have an appointment set up with Tomes in McKinney for Saturday.

#28 OFFLINE   darrelld

darrelld

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

Update:

Just got off the phone with the service department and the parts that were used to fix my original check fuel filler inlet / check engine light has been redesigned and on backorder. They are estimating 2 weeks until the parts arrive. This will be the 3rd version of the part and I was advised the vehicle is ok to drive until the parts arrive.

Maybe v3.5.1 of Sync will be available by then and I can have the update performed during service.

#29 OFFLINE   aschofer

aschofer

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 43 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationNew York - Long Island
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max (as of 1st Nov 2012)

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

I too am waiting for the new filler pipe to arrive to be installed in my CMax with a little over 2,000 miles on it. I brought it to the dealer on the 2nd January, to have the following two parts replaced that were deemed faulty:

AU5Z-9C915-C Valve A         

FV6Z-9034-C Pipe

The first part is a Vapor Management Valve (emissions related) and the second part a "Filler Neck" for the fuel pipe (?).

Upon installation, the dealer informed me that the FV6Z-9034-C Pipe failed and that they ordered a new part again. So, my CMax sat at the dealer for almost one week without the part arriving from FORD. It was backordered, without FORD informing the dealer. So, I picked up the car after almost one week, and have been driving it since. The dealer said it was ok to drive. Sad that FORD is having this quality issue, but I still love my CMax, and missed it sorely when it was in the shop. The dealer loaned me the small Lincoln which I did not enjoy driving.

I'm still chewing on the issue of whether or not to purchase an extended warranty and leaning more towards doing so in light of the numerous issues reported on this Community Forum.

#30 OFFLINE   darrelld

darrelld

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

I too am waiting for the new filler pipe to arrive to be installed in my CMax with a little over 2,000 miles on it. I brought it to the dealer on the 2nd January, to have the following two parts replaced that were deemed faulty:

AU5Z-9C915-C Valve A         

FV6Z-9034-C Pipe

The first part is a Vapor Management Valve (emissions related) and the second part a "Filler Neck" for the fuel pipe (?).

Upon installation, the dealer informed me that the FV6Z-9034-C Pipe failed and that they ordered a new part again. So, my CMax sat at the dealer for almost one week without the part arriving from FORD. It was backordered, without FORD informing the dealer. So, I picked up the car after almost one week, and have been driving it since. The dealer said it was ok to drive. Sad that FORD is having this quality issue, but I still love my CMax, and missed it sorely when it was in the shop. The dealer loaned me the small Lincoln which I did not enjoy driving.

I'm still chewing on the issue of whether or not to purchase an extended warranty and leaning more towards doing so in light of the numerous issues reported on this Community Forum.

The new part on order is 4635IFEPS.

#31 OFFLINE   Tjfirebug

Tjfirebug

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 8 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationWaldport
  • Current Vehicle:C-max

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

We have had ours for 1 month and it is back in for the 2nd time for the engine light :-( The first payment is still not due yet! We love the car, but this is driving me nuts! They could not find anything the first time..... hope they find the problem this time. Sometimes I wish we had my old Vibe back 150,000 + miles when we traded it in and never a problem. It seams like when you buy a NEW car it should not have to be in the shop more than an OLD one. 

#32 OFFLINE   wamba2000

wamba2000

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 202 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationNorth Phoenix, AZ
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX SEL, 303A, Panoramic Roof

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

When starting the C-Max in the morning , I got the "Check Engine" light rather than the normal OK to Drive indicator. Pressed the On/Off button and then the Ok to Drive came on. No Fuel Filler warning light.

Both times it has been after a time of driving on EV mode and the battery indicator is down in the bottom 1/3rd, due to EV and EV+ driving to home.

I guess I will have the dealer run for codes;  any other experiences like this?

#33 OFFLINE   darrelld

darrelld

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

When starting the C-Max in the morning , I got the "Check Engine" light rather than the normal OK to Drive indicator. Pressed the On/Off button and then the Ok to Drive came on. No Fuel Filler warning light.

Both times it has been after a time of driving on EV mode and the battery indicator is down in the bottom 1/3rd, due to EV and EV+ driving to home.

I had the Check Engine Light that would go away after a few miles, then Check Fuel Filler Inlet it would go away after a few miles, next was Check Engine Light with no Fuel Filler Inlet that never went away, now both have disappered but I can't fill beyond 3/4 tank. Still no word from Ford on the new parts, their tech line says its a complete redesign.

#34 OFFLINE   zhackwyatt

zhackwyatt

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 829 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:'13 C-Max Sel 303A

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

Are you sure you had your foot fully pressed on the brake when you pushed the button?

#35 OFFLINE   mosscat

mosscat

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Vehicle:C Max

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

I got the "Check Fuel fill Inlet" message last week.  Took it to the dealer last Friday.  They said it is unsafe to drive and they are waiting on parts that are on backorder.  A week later, I'm still without the car and no clue when the parts will be in.  They are going to give me a loaner today but only because I've been so insistent about it.  I love the car but I hope this is not an omen of things to come. I don't really understand how there can be such a shortage of parts.  They must have parts to make new cars!  Thanks, just had to vent.

• roninsd likes this

#36 OFFLINE   zhackwyatt

zhackwyatt

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 829 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:'13 C-Max Sel 303A

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

I got the "Check Fuel fill Inlet" message last week.  Took it to the dealer last Friday.  They said it is unsafe to drive and they are waiting on parts that are on backorder.  A week later, I'm still without the car and no clue when the parts will be in.  They are going to give me a loaner today but only because I've been so insistent about it.  I love the car but I hope this is not an omen of things to come. I don't really understand how there can be such a shortage of parts.  They must have parts to make new cars!  Thanks, just had to vent.

You should not have to be insistent to get a loaner.  The car is under warranty, you should have received one.

#37 OFFLINE   ctford

ctford

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid SEL

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

It's been a couple months now.....and so far so good!  I'm afraid I'll jinx it though!

Colleen

#38 OFFLINE   darrelld

darrelld

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

I called my dealer about this today. They stated the latest redesign is still on national back order.

#39 OFFLINE   RachelnLa

RachelnLa

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,128 posts
  • LocationLouisiana
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

Maybe that's what's taking so longs for my car. Hmm. Maybe this is a good thing for me!

#40 OFFLINE   mosscat

mosscat

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Vehicle:C Max

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

I did get a loaner yesterday, they are paying for a rental. They've had my car for a week now and they still don't know when the parts will be in. They did tell me that my "case" has been bumped to a high priority, whatever that means.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·