Window Tint - All Windows

Front Driver/Passenger windows the small windows are 3M Crystalline a 40%. The rear passenger windows and rear glass are 3M Color stable at 5%

Windshield Tint = 3M Crystalline at 70%. Probably the best tint out there. Makes the car comfortable when driving long distances and my A/C is kept at low fan. Keeps the infrared out so you don't feel the stinging of from the rays of the sun. Your vision will not be blurred like cheaper tints might cause, especially at night. It's not even noticeable. It's worth the investment in my opinion.

You can PM me if you're local and want to go through the same shop. Sorry if I reply late. I used to have the info on here but a few members didn't appreciate it.

post-2560-0-79640800-1426119605_thumb.jpg

post-2560-0-51690500-1426119620_thumb.jpg

post-2560-0-30640400-1426119646_thumb.jpg

post-2560-0-03283500-1426119668_thumb.jpg

post-2560-0-15841800-1426119685_thumb.jpg

post-2560-0-65406600-1426119721_thumb.jpg

Edited by Edgeskeez

I think that it should be okay for anyone to let us know about good (or bad) service that they have actually had from any provider. I have given good reviews to Wet Okole for my seat covers, Canvasback for my rear cargo cover, Al Packer Ford and Auto Nation Ford for great service. I have actually been there and had the service.

I would have a problem with posters that have not actually had the service done, or just using our site for their advertising. If they are a sponsor, I see no reason for them not to be allowed to let us know about specials and discounts, etc., but I would not want for them to be constantly just using us to place ads as posts without those kinds of offerings.

Please let me explain.  You just signed up for the forum.  Great---welcome aboard.  However, your first four posts are basically all plugs for four different businesses.   With addresses and links. 

I'm willing to be corrected here (and happy to apologize) but I think this kind of promo stuff is not permitted.  I know that any link to a business on the Chevy forum I'm on will get deleted immediately, but maybe the C-max forum is different.  I'm not the moderator, but after reading the fourth one last night I thought "are you kidding me?"   It's advertising, even if it comes from an altruistic intent.

Like Scubadad wrote, writing about an upgrade to your C-max with photos and info about where you had it done is fantastic, and a great service to the forum.  

Edited by Adrian_L

Thanks Scott! You would have what they call "murdered out" if you went with dark tints to go with the black exterior color and the black rims. I think that would look cool and aggressive. Careful with the cops though because you'd stand out. Hopefully your state doesn't have strict tint laws in like in CA. No windhshield tints (only top 4")and no less than 70% on the front windows.

Edited by Edgeskeez

I agree with Scuba. I hope one day we can attract sponsors that are willing to give us owners specials and discounts. Kind of like how the focus st forums generate so much sponsors. They get specials thrown at them periodically. It would be nice if husky liner or wet okole came in here to post special deals for us.

Thanks Scott! You would have what they call "murdered out" if you went with dark tints to go with the black exterior color and the black rims. I think that would look cool and aggressive. Careful with the cops though because you'd stand out. Hopefully your state doesn't have strict tint laws in like in CA. No windhshield tints (only top 4")and no less than 70% on the front windows.

Oops, you went there! I wasn't going to point it out, but the OP had the work done in CA. I think the front passenger and driver windows technically are not supposed to be tinted either, but the windshield is definitely out. I'm sure that is why the first company doesn't do it.

You'd get a ticket in about 10 minutes in Vancouver.  And the cops would give you a week to take it off before a mandatory trip to an inspection centre.  They don't fool around with dangerous mod nonsense up here.  Too many folks dying in cars.

Edited by Adrian_L

Michigan does have similar laws and that is one reason I did not have it done yet.  There are many people here with tints that have never had a problem.  Many shops say they will remove it if there is an issue. 

I'm kind of surprised that a window shop would do it at all if it violated state laws.  From my experience, a decent mechanic or windows shop or whatever will not do anything considered risky, in terms of a customer safety or opening the door to possible litigation.

Well, it is the owner responsibility, and I doubt that the shop would get called out for it. The cops would not even ask - just give the ticket to the driver. I'm not sure if it is technically illegal to apply the film, but it is illegal to drive with the film on.

I'm kind of surprised that a window shop would do it at all if it violated state laws.  From my experience, a decent mechanic or windows shop or whatever will not do anything considered risky, in terms of a customer safety or opening the door to possible litigation.

Well, it is the owner responsibility, and I doubt that the shop would get called out for it. The cops would not even ask - just give the ticket to the driver. I'm not sure if it is technically illegal to apply the film, but it is illegal to drive with the film on.

I think the point is that a "reputable" shop should advise the owner on the tint law and consequences of violating the law.  Some shops may refuse to do it even if the owner wants "illegal" tint as Adrian_L warns of potential liability issues for the shop. To other shops, revenue is more important than integrity and will apply "illegal" tint with owner's permission (and likely want a release of liability signed by the owner).  But if a shop applies "illegal" tint without advising the owner and getting owner's approval (probably had the owner sign a release of liability), the shop is far from reputable.  I won't do business with "shady" shops.

Also, it is clear to me that the OP is virtually all "advertising content" and Ej is likely getting a kickback. ;)  ;)

"Make sure you call him and get quoted. Mention that you are from the Cmax Forum and was recommended by Ej so you can get an even better price."

Most forums (I think all) that I frequent would remove the advertising content and tell the OP to have people PM him for info on the shop.

Thank you P3G.

EJ has posted four advertisments for California businesses, and it's obvious as John Travolta's hairpiece that these are either his buddies or he's getting some kind of fee for doing this.  If he wants to get indignant ("hey guys, I'm just helping out!") so be it.  But I don't have sawdust between my ears.

As to EJ's hope that we get loads of sponsors to offer us all really great deals?!?   I kinda like the forum, like PBS, commercial free.

Oops, you went there! I wasn't going to point it out, but the OP had the work done in CA. I think the front passenger and driver windows technically are not supposed to be tinted either, but the windshield is definitely out. I'm sure that is why the first company doesn't do it.

Yep you are absolutely correct! One shop didn't want to do it because of liability concerns. He said people have tried to come after him when they got into an accident. But the other shops I have called didn't mind at all. I know and I accept full responsibility if I get a ticket for the front windshield and the front windows. But I do want to mention that the windshield shade is 3M crystalline at 70% - it's barely noticeable and it does not blurr or affect my vision during day or night. Then I did crystalline 40% for the front windows and went 5% 3M color stable in the rear to provide some contrast. Im hoing, *fingers crossed* that the contrast will help sway the cops away from looking twice at my vehicle. lol. But if i get caught, i get caught. Can't do anything about fate. However, the shop doesnt have a problem removing it free of charge. 

Thank you P3G.

EJ has posted four advertisments for California businesses, and it's obvious as John Travolta's hairpiece that these are either his buddies or he's getting some kind of fee for doing this.  If he wants to get indignant ("hey guys, I'm just helping out!") so be it.  But I don't have sawdust between my ears.

As to EJ's hope that we get loads of sponsors to offer us all really great deals?!?   I kinda like the forum, like PBS, commercial free.

Well that's your opinion and I respect that. But, I am sure the mods can create a special section for reps from companies like Americas Tire, Tirerack, TSW wheels, Thule, Inno, etc. Let those who are interested take advantage of offers. And then maybe you can stay away from trolling those threads and spreading your negativity around.  They have special sections in other forums so their deals don't interfere with other sections. 

Im here to help out man. I'll edit my post and remove the company names to help you sleep at night. 

I think the point is that a "reputable" shop should advise the owner on the tint law and consequences of violating the law.  Some shops may refuse to do it even if the owner wants "illegal" tint as Adrian_L warns of potential liability issues for the shop. To other shops, revenue is more important than integrity and will apply "illegal" tint with owner's permission (and likely want a release of liability signed by the owner).  But if a shop applies "illegal" tint without advising the owner and getting owner's approval (probably had the owner sign a release of liability), the shop is far from reputable.  I won't do business with "shady" shops.

Also, it is clear to me that the OP is virtually all "advertising content" and Ej is likely getting a kickback. ;)  ;)

"Make sure you call him and get quoted. Mention that you are from the Cmax Forum and was recommended by Ej so you can get an even better price."

Most forums (I think all) that I frequent would remove the advertising content and tell the OP to have people PM him for info on the shop.

Honestly, I feel kind of insulted. I took the time to take pictures and write these posts to help you guys out out of the kindness in me. There's no kickback for me, i promise you. I shared a positive review about the companies I worked for because I was happy with their service. This way those local in SoCal can go to places where they've done work on a Cmax so you can trust they'll do a good job (especially the sub install). Not many audio shops have experience in working with the electric system in our cars and now Whitehorse Customz does. You don't have to risk some audio shop that claims they know how when they don't and risk damaging your car. You can also potentially save more money.

You don't have to use my name or say you're from the forums if you dont want to. I just made a deal with the shops that if I referred people, then they'd have to give them discounts. I'm here to help you guys and the shops that did a great job. There's no cut from me. Just being nice. 

Yep you are absolutely correct! One shop didn't want to do it because of liability concerns. He said people have tried to come after him when they got into an accident. But the other shops I have called didn't mind at all. I know and I accept full responsibility if I get a ticket for the front windshield and the front windows. But I do want to mention that the windshield shade is 3M crystalline at 70% - it's barely noticeable and it does not blurr or affect my vision during day or night. Then I did crystalline 40% for the front windows and went 5% 3M color stable in the rear to provide some contrast. Im hoing, *fingers crossed* that the contrast will help sway the cops away from looking twice at my vehicle. lol. But if i get caught, i get caught. Can't do anything about fate. However, the shop doesnt have a problem removing it free of charge. 

Well that's your opinion and I respect that. But, I am sure the mods can create a special section for reps from companies like Americas Tire, Tirerack, TSW wheels, Thule, Inno, etc. Let those who are interested take advantage of offers. And then maybe you can stay away from trolling those threads and spreading your negativity around.  They have special sections in other forums so their deals don't interfere with other sections. 

Im here to help out man. I'll edit my post and remove the company names to help you sleep at night. 

Honestly, I feel kind of insulted. I took the time to take pictures and write these posts to help you guys out out of the kindness in me. There's no kickback for me, i promise you. I shared a positive review about the companies I worked for because I was happy with their service. This way those local in SoCal can go to places where they've done work on a Cmax so you can trust they'll do a good job (especially the sub install). Not many audio shops have experience in working with the electric system in our cars and now Whitehorse Customz does. You don't have to risk some audio shop that claims they know how when they don't and risk damaging your car. You can also potentially save more money.

You don't have to use my name or say you're from the forums if you dont want to. I just made a deal with the shops that if I referred people, then they'd have to give them discounts. I'm here to help you guys and the shops that did a great job. There's no cut from me. Just being nice. 

I didn't really object to the post, and I figured you were just glad about the deal you got and wanted to share. In some ways I'd like to get tint, but in others not so much. I'm staying stock for now...

• 5 months later...

For those that have tinted their front windows, I'm curious what your experience has now been? Have you had any issues with police or during inspections? Has it caused any issues with visibility?

I had 3M Crystalline 40 installed on all side and the back windows, which seems to be working well, but realize now that I should have had the pano roof done as well. I'm just trying to decide what darkness to put on the roof and whether to do the windshield, and what darkness if I do. The shop that put it on recommended the Crystalline 70 for the windshield, which it seems others here have done, and claim that the people they've done it for (in Texas) have had no issues. I was also thinking of 70 for the roof -- it seems to have good heat rejection while still allowing a good view out the roof. Any thoughts on this or other suggestions?