Lost Sync with Phone

I lost sync with my (Motorola DROID RAZORMAX) phone and could not get it to re-sync.   The last time this happened, I unpaired it and re-paired to get it synced again.  This time I could not get it re-paired.  The phone can not find SYNC.

Th phone has no difficulty finding and pairing with various other Bluetooth devices.

Any help would be appreciated.

Try the un-pair/re-pair dance again but this time do a hard reboot of both the car and the phone between each step. Make sure you open and close the door on the car and wait a few minutes during the reboots.

Doug,

Thanks for the advice.  I am not sure how to do a "Hard Re-boot" of the car.

I am already un-paired, and the phone and the car have been off for long times since the un-pairing; so whatever I do next, I would do from this state.

Thanks in advance for any further help.

Hard reboot is fancy smancy lingo for turn it off and back on again.  LOL   But do the open/close door thing when you do. That supposedly makes most of the systems power down instead of staying in standby mode for 10-15 mintues.

Actually a true hard reboot would be to disconnect the 12v.  You can do that with the phone if you want but on/off to reboot the phones' OS should be enough.

Edited by fotomoto

Hard reboot is fancy smancy lingo for turn it off and back on again.  LOL   But do the open/close door thing when you do. That supposedly makes most of the systems power down instead of staying in standby mode for 10-15 mintues.

Actually a true hard reboot would be to disconnect the 12v.  You can do that with the phone if you want but on/off to reboot the phones' OS should be enough.

Thanks for clarifying.

I was afraid that you meant that I would need to do a factory reset on the phone.

I have done all of this previously, but will do again making sure that the phone and the car  have both been off for considerable time.

I will also cycle off and on the Bluetooth settings on both the car and phone.

Thanks for clarifying.

I was afraid that you meant that I would need to do a factory reset on the phone.

I have done all of this previously, but will do again making sure that the phone and the car  have both been off for considerable time.

I will also cycle off and on the Bluetooth settings on both the car and phone.

I did alll of this and still no luck.

Hi Smiling Jack, 

I'd like to help with this! The master reset instructions can be found here: 

http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/myford-touch/phone-setup/how-to-perform-a-master-reset.html?sync=my-ford-touch

Before you try that though, what do you mean by being able to re-pair your phone but it's not connecting? 

Rebecca

Hi Smiling Jack, 

I'd like to help with this! The master reset instructions can be found here: 

http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/myford-touch/phone-setup/how-to-perform-a-master-reset.html?sync=my-ford-touch

Before you try that though, what do you mean by being able to re-pair your phone but it's not connecting? 

Rebecca

Rebecca,

Thanks for chiming in.

I was previously paired and connected.  When one day I could no longer connect, I un-paired the phone and car.  I then had difficulty re-pairing.  I am re-paired now  (i.e, the phone sees the car and the car sees the phone), but it still will not connect.

Edited by Smiling Jack

Do you believe in magic?

It's a miracle !!!

I went to the car to try the reset of the MFT.  When I turned the car on, the MFT connected to the phone.

Thanks to all who gave suggestions.  Any or all may have helped.  Thanks especially to Rebecca for the MFT reset instructions.  Even the threat of impending reset on MFT may have done the trick.

• 5 months later...

I am having this same problem with my phone. Took delivery 3 weeks ago and everything worked great (even Pandora and Stitcher using MobileApps). About 3 days ago my audio stream dropped out in the middle of a song. Radio shows bluetooth is connected, phone shows bluetooth is connected, but no music will play nor will phone make or receive calls. I have unpaired/re-paired phone from Sync and Sync from phone, restarted phone, performed "Factory Reset" of Sync (in my 2015 this option only appears under "Phone Menu," not "Sync Menu." Only thing I haven't done is disconnect the battery in the phone or vehicle

I have a 2015 SE with Sync but not MFT. Any help is appreciated, especially from Rebecca.