OBD: Tire Pressure & Oil Life

jdbob

• 1 month later...

I have the free version of Torque, and when trying to add the PID's, I seem to have two issues.  First, when the application restarts, the custom PIDs disappear - I'm hoping the paid version fixes this.  The second is that I don't have fields for "OF Mod" and "TP Hdr"  - does anyone know if the paid version of Torque is required to get those added fields?  Without them, I'm not getting any PSI data....

Just starting to learn about these scanners and have read as much as I can find.  I don't know if I missed it, but can anything be set up to show MPG when the ICE is running?  I have a 2015 Energi which does not have a lifetime or real time MPG readout.

I have a BAFX OBDII Bluetooth Adapter and an Android phone which I can download any of the apps that might contain the info I am looking for.

Thanks for any help

Just starting to learn about these scanners and have read as much as I can find.  I don't know if I missed it, but can anything be set up to show MPG when the ICE is running?  I have a 2015 Energi which does not have a lifetime or real time MPG readout.

I have a BAFX OBDII Bluetooth Adapter and an Android phone which I can download any of the apps that might contain the info I am looking for.

Thanks for any help

Wait, the Empower screen on the left hand display doesn't have the instant MPG? I've not heard of this before. Did you check the display settings? I believe it can be turned off.

...can anything be set up to show MPG when the ICE is running?  ...

No. All the MPG displays I've found are integrated ICE/EV readings.

You're asking what's the engine's actual fuel consumption rate when it's running, compared with ground speed. I calculate that based on the actual mileage and the EV/ICE ratio, but the car won't.

HAve fun,

Frank

Wait, the Empower screen on the left hand display doesn't have the instant MPG? I've not heard of this before. Did you check the display settings? I believe it can be turned off.

There is a white scale which shows MPG range of 0-60 whenever the ICE is running.  Pretty useless since it is not calibrated with better numbers and is only a visual line that goes up and down depending on load of the engine.

I was hoping to find something that shows the MPG for the ICE in a digital number other than when I shut the car off. The driving results (miles driven, miles driven in EV, regen miles, and MPG) are shown then, but only for the last trip from when the car was last started and last shut off.  

There is the MPG shown while driving but that is total combination of EV and ICE.

There is a white scale which shows MPG range of 0-60 whenever the ICE is running.  Pretty useless since it is not calibrated with better numbers and is only a visual line that goes up and down depending on load of the engine.

I was hoping to find something that shows the MPG for the ICE in a digital number other than when I shut the car off. The driving results (miles driven, miles driven in EV, regen miles, and MPG) are shown then, but only for the last trip from when the car was last started and last shut off.  

There is the MPG shown while driving but that is total combination of EV and ICE.

Oh, you want a digital number. I thought they had removed the scale. Yes, I think you would need an OBD port monitor of some kind for that one. Ford seems to want to hide it, even thought the scale shows the approximate value.

I do think that the scale shows the instant MPG; it appears to vary similarly to other vehicles I've seen. Engine load is directly related to MPG. My beef is that I find myself mentally converting that scale to the actual numbers.

.I was hoping to find something that shows the MPG for the ICE in a digital number other than when I shut the car off. The driving results (miles driven, miles driven in EV, regen miles, and MPG) are shown then, but only for the last trip from when the car was last started and last shut off.  ...

You can do this with the trip odometer, but it's manual; you'd need to reset at the start of every segment. I see the time continue to update when I record the data, so I'm assuming the rest of the display is live when you're moving. I've flashed the trip odo when driving, but never left it visible long enough to see it update...

HAve fun,

Frank

Thanks jdbob for posting this info. I put them all in today and figured out that when I had my tires rotated, at the dealer, they didn't reset the monitor for the new tire positions. At least they didn't match correctly with the codes provided in this post.

I searched the internet and found that the service manual procedure isn't the easiest way to reprogram the TPMS monitor.

With the car started (ready to run), I cycled the hazard lights on/off three times. (Some posts said up to six times.) The horn beeped and the TPMS light started flashing. I started with the Left-Front tire and let air out until the horn beeped, then proceeded to each other tire (Right-Front, Right-Rear, Left-Rear) in turn. The horn beeped after letting out a few PSI with each and when I turned the ignition off, there were no more horn beeps and the TPMS shows the tires in the correct order.

After performing the above procedure, they matched exactly with the pressures in each tire.