High Pitched Sound When Brake is Applied at Red Light

Hello, I drove my car to work this morning.  It is the first time after about 1 inch of snow.  I experienced a high pitched sound whenever I was stopped at a stop sign or stop light. It went away once I hit the gas peddle.  Has anyone else experienced the same issue and what could be happening?

Hello, I drove my car to work this morning.  It is the first time after about 1 inch of snow.  I experienced a high pitched sound whenever I was stopped at a stop sign or stop light. It went away once I hit the gas peddle.  Has anyone else experienced the same issue and what could be happening?

Welcome to the community, azooker!  :) 

My name is Tricia, and I’m the U.S. Ford Customer Service Representative. I’m here to assist with any questions or concerns. I recommend taking your C-MAX to a Ford Dealer to get diagnosed.

In the meantime, let me get this escalated. Please private message (PM) me your full name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number. I’ll loop in a customer service manager for your region to assist.

Tricia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

I seem to be having the same issue. Just purchased a 2013 Cmax about two weeks ago and I noticed that when I come to a complete stop, I get a continuous high pitched noise coming through the speakers. When I put the vehicle in park, it stops . When I return it to drive, it starts up again but then stops when I start moving

. I wiped off all the sensors on the front and back bumpers. That seems to have helped, but the issue has returned. I took a video of it happening, will attempt to attach this, not sure what the file size limitations are on this forum, I may need to compress it.