Some Basic C-Max Hybrid Questions

SEL_Hybrid

Greetings,

I'm narrowing down my choices of vehicle when the lease on my Fiesta Titanium terminates early next year.  I've researched many vehicles, but the C-Max seems to hit the most of my criteria withing the price range that I'm looking in.  

A couple of questions:  Do all trims have rear seat a/c vents?  Also, do any trims come with projector beam headlights? Not necessarily HID, but projectors.

Thanks!

The rear vents are standard on all models.  

The headlights are the same on all models but fog lights are not standard on the SE trim. 

For me the SE with cloths seats, the large 8" display MFT and winter package was perfect for me but as others have said they like the loaded up SEL models.  I don't like leather seats and I will take the cost savings and keep it in the bank.  

Good luck in your decision.  

Great "little" car....I came over to the Cmax from a prius and have been very happy with change.  Which it was easier to get closer to 50 mpg with out modifying the car...but its heavier and has a bigger engine.

been in my cmax for nearly a year,  over 11k miles.  my lifetime average is  right around 43mpg

there have been no problems, and its only seen the inside of a ford garage for the recall for seat back replacement

The roof is an extra $1800 dollars. I didn't like the fact that it didn't open so I didn't get it.

Our pano roof was listed at $1195 on our 2013 - of which we paid about $1110 $1010+- for.  :dance: We love it and are very glad we sprang for it.

(keep in mind this is Seattle where it rains 340 days of the year and we need all the light we can find)

Nick

(yes it was essentially free we got such a sweet deal)

Edited by C-MaxSea

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I am also shopping for a c-max. Where can I find what the 'packages' are. What is 302A and others?

Dave Hill

On the internet. ;)  Here's the pdf for MY 2013.

SEL & C-MAX Energi Available Equipment Groups Equipment Group

301A – Voice-activated Navigation System + Audio System from Sony® with 9 speakers + HD Radio™ Technology Equipment Group

302A – Includes all content of 301A + power liftgate with foot-activated feature + rear view camera Equipment Group

303A – Includes all content of 301A and 302A + active park assist + Forward Sensing System (Parking Technology Package)

• 5 months later...

I need to ask if anyone with keyless ignition has changed the battery in the key fob?  Maxus is getting hard to start sometimes,  batteries are the originals since I took delivery in September of 2013.  Thanks in advance

I think you mean 2012?

I changed my fob battery over 2 years ago at the same time I put new a new battery in an fob for my other car even though I had no issues with the C-Max.

Are you getting the message "no key detected"?  or something else when you say "getting hard to start"?

I think you mean 2012?

I changed my fob battery over 2 years ago at the same time I put new a new battery in an fob for my other car even though I had no issues with the C-Max.

Are you getting the message "no key detected"?  or something else when you say "getting hard to start"?

yes if they can't be detected in my pants pocket

I think you mean 2012?

yes sorry I meant September of 2012

I'm not having any trouble starting my car, but there are times when my door doesn't want to unlock. I need to troubleshoot it further but it is fairly random. A couple of times I've actually grabbed the fob from my pocket and pushed the unlock button; I need to try the back or passenger door when the driver door doesn't unlock. I did replace the battery in my fob a month or so ago, just to make sure that wasn't an issue. Just curious if anyone else has had a similar problem.

Edited by raadsel

I'm not having any trouble starting my car, but there are times when my door doesn't want to unlock. I need to troubleshoot it further but it is fairly random. A couple of times I've actually grabbed the fob from my pocket and pushed the unlock button; I need to try the back or passenger door when the driver door doesn't unlock. I did replace the battery in my fob a month or so ago, just to make sure that wasn't an issue. Just curious if anyone else has had a similar problem.

Ok but I still don't know how to replace my fobs battery

Ok but I still don't know how to replace my fobs battery

That's what YouTube is for. :)  I use a sharp knife and pry the case open starting on a side where the key ring attaches (narrowest part of case).  You have to be somewhate careful and work down around the sides of the case until it pops off.  Snap the case back on starting at the bottom (widest part of fob).

If you don't want to DIY, go to a Batteries Plus store and they will probably charge double the cost for a battery (IIRC CR2032) at Walmart but replace it for you at "no charge".