Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Some Basic C-Max Hybrid Questions

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   mtb9153

mtb9153

Brother Mike (a.k.a. mtb9153)

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 1,553 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationS.F. South Bay Area, Ca.
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL with 303A, with Panoramic window using GasPods on the roof, born 9/9/12

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:54 PM

I think you mean 2012?

I changed my fob battery over 2 years ago at the same time I put new a new battery in an fob for my other car even though I had no issues with the C-Max.

Are you getting the message "no key detected"?  or something else when you say "getting hard to start"?

yes sorry I meant September of 2012

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 608 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:55 PM

I'm not having any trouble starting my car, but there are times when my door doesn't want to unlock. I need to troubleshoot it further but it is fairly random. A couple of times I've actually grabbed the fob from my pocket and pushed the unlock button; I need to try the back or passenger door when the driver door doesn't unlock. I did replace the battery in my fob a month or so ago, just to make sure that wasn't an issue. Just curious if anyone else has had a similar problem.

Edited by raadsel, 13 March 2017 - 09:55 PM.

#23 OFFLINE   mtb9153

mtb9153

• 1,553 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL with 303A, with Panoramic window using GasPods on the roof, born 9/9/12

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:56 PM

The panoramic roof is a separate option from the 303a.

Maxus was ordered by the dealer with full 303a package, moon roof included which I never would have ordered

#24 OFFLINE   mtb9153

mtb9153

• 1,553 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:48 PM

I'm not having any trouble starting my car, but there are times when my door doesn't want to unlock. I need to troubleshoot it further but it is fairly random. A couple of times I've actually grabbed the fob from my pocket and pushed the unlock button; I need to try the back or passenger door when the driver door doesn't unlock. I did replace the battery in my fob a month or so ago, just to make sure that wasn't an issue. Just curious if anyone else has had a similar problem.

Ok but I still don't know how to replace my fobs battery

#25 ONLINE   Plus 3 Golfer

Plus 3 Golfer

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,900 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Location"Valley of the Sun" - AZ
  • Current Vehicle:2013

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:17 AM

Ok but I still don't know how to replace my fobs battery

That's what YouTube is for. :)  I use a sharp knife and pry the case open starting on a side where the key ring attaches (narrowest part of case).  You have to be somewhate careful and work down around the sides of the case until it pops off.  Snap the case back on starting at the bottom (widest part of fob).

If you don't want to DIY, go to a Batteries Plus store and they will probably charge double the cost for a battery (IIRC CR2032) at Walmart but replace it for you at "no charge".  

• Louder North likes this

#26 OFFLINE   fbov

fbov

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 1,397 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:27 PM

It's in the owner's manual, under keys. I also found it easiest to start with the narrow, split-ring end. 

• ptjones likes this

#27 OFFLINE   Louder North

Louder North

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 90 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationOttawa
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:50 AM

That's what YouTube is for. :)  I use a sharp knife and pry the case open starting on a side where the key ring attaches (narrowest part of case).  You have to be somewhate careful and work down around the sides of the case until it pops off.  Snap the case back on starting at the bottom (widest part of fob).

If you don't want to DIY, go to a Batteries Plus store and they will probably charge double the cost for a battery (IIRC CR2032) at Walmart but replace it for you at "no charge".  

YouTube is your friend.  Other Fords use the same FOB so there easy to follow videos out there. 

• ptjones likes this

#28 ONLINE   Redshift

Redshift

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTacoma, WA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:32 PM

Every time I buy batteries at Batteries Plus, they install them for free. I even replaced the battery in a beard trimmer that required soldering and they still did it for free.

• ptjones likes this

#29 ONLINE   Plus 3 Golfer

Plus 3 Golfer

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,900 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Location"Valley of the Sun" - AZ
  • Current Vehicle:2013

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:06 PM

Every time I buy batteries at Batteries Plus, they install them for free. I even replaced the battery in a beard trimmer that required soldering and they still did it for free.

Here's prices for CR2032 in local Walmart and online at BatteryPlus.  Pay about double at BatteryPlus but they install free in your two FOBs.

Walmart Energizer two pack = $4.37

BatteryPlus Rayovac two pack = $7.99

• ptjones likes this

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·