MyFordTouch or Sync failing in hot weather

I know others have had this problem, but the site search is atrocious and I can't find it anymore. 

We're heading into summer, and that means hot days. And that means the entertainment system failing. 

I haven't had as many failures as others have reported, but it's been enough to be concerning and embarrasing.

I have to channel a hot day last January to remember the last time it happened, but what I recall is: 

Display starts up as normal, and looks like it's working. But it never connects to the phone, it never starts playing audio, and it ignores any touch-screen keypresses. I think I remember hearing the 'boop's when I tap on controls, but it does not result in any changes to the display. 

Likewise, when I press the steering wheel paddles, the 'Bling' plays, but the system never responds with "Please say a command", and regardless of what I say, neither the timeout ('doot-doot') nor any response are emitted. 

After driving for about 10-15 minutes (I usually AC when it's hot enough for this to happen), I can pull over, turn off the car (I have to open the car door and close it to trick it into thinking I'm not hanging around), let the system quiesce for a minute, and then *usually* (all but one time), it will be happy the rest of the day. 

Was there ever a solution suggested or a TSB written that might describe how the dealer can troubleshoot this? I figure that since I can't reproduce the problem on command, I don't have a prayer of getting it fixed unless the problem and solution are already well established. 

Had a somewhat similar problem, no audio whatsoever after parking in sun.  Initial dealer 'fix' worked for several months, problem began anew in November, so I knew something else besides sun/heat was going on.  Back to the dealer and this is what the work order stated:

Cause:  19C107

18805D Audio Unit Part Number - Acquire and order

(18806/18C815/18C869/18K931) - L

1  19C107

18805E Audio Unit - Replace

(18806/18C815/18C869/18K931) - L

Since that time (June 2014) I've experienced no further issues.  My Max is a 2013 SEL delivered in Feb. of 2013.

• 1 month later...

I've just returned from my dealer with this same issue. Which I've had for two summers, going on the third. The first time it happened I printed out the whole original thread on the AudioControlModule issue, including how it was resolved, ran up to them (of course, everything was fine with the unit at that time), and they said they couldn't do anything unless it was witnessed by them acting up. Even the YouTube link where someone put up a vid of the same Ford head unit issue, wouldn't be satisfactory for them to change the part. Recording my own car doing this wasn't good enough, either. Very frustrating, as this usually happened on a Sat. when I'm out of town on a cycling event and the car sits in the sun for hours.

That's why I was thrilled today when it misbehaved, not the total failure of screen lock, just no audio and it wouldn't power up, no "boops" when changing screens, just contemplative silence as I rushed to the dealer 45min away. The service manger went and got the mechanic, who said they had two other vehicles in with the same problems. One is a 2015 Mustang. That dude must be livid, I'd imagine. Apparently they're still sending cars down the line with these faulty modules. Not cool, Ford.

Naturally, they couldn't get to me today, didn't have a loaner either, and the best they could do would be to give me a ride home. Yea, that's some great CS alright. Leave me without a vehicle all weekend so by the time they got to look at my ride, everything would probably be up and running again. As it was when I shut the ignition off and exited the car for 5 whole minutes at the dealer before I left. This is super frustrating, and my only option at this point is to call Ford's direct customer service number and vent my dissatisfaction at some poor office drone on the other end of the line who truly doesn't deserve what I'm going to heap their way. I'll be diplomatic as I can, but man, this sweeping owners' problems under the rug when there's a known issue (as evidenced by their extension of the warranty pertaining to the Control Module in question) is no way to treat someone's $35,000 purchase and it's starting to get to me.