Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

Windows rolled themselves today

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   AMSDPS

AMSDPS

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 48 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationWest Michigan
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford C-Max

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

Not sure if this is in the right spot or not.
Today I got my first oil change (usure if that is related)
But I went back home. Went inside, came back out to the garage an hour later and all four windows were rolled down. Any ideas?
I know that they weren't rolled down when I got home. It was only about 35 degrees out.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Laurel

Laurel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,440 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationCanada
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:SEL

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

http://howto.cnet.co...the-key-remote/ A possibility eh?

#3 OFFLINE   Michigan Max

Michigan Max

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 43 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max hybrid

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

Global Opening. Bottom of page 96 in the owners manual.
Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   AMSDPS

AMSDPS

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 48 posts
  • LocationWest Michigan
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford C-Max

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

Hmm. Must have sat on my key or something. Thanks!

#5 OFFLINE   RachelnLa

RachelnLa

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,128 posts
  • LocationLouisiana
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

When I had the cmax for the weekend, remembering where the key fob was became downright scary lol. I knew it was on me because the doors unlocked but even still I would panic being unable to find it. Was it in my purse? My pocket??? Where is it?? I know when I have my own fob my house keys will be attached so I will know where it is. This was keeping track of two sets of keys.

On my Tahoe the doors will not lock if the keys are in the ignition. Anyone know if you can lock the fob in the car?

#6 OFFLINE   zhackwyatt

zhackwyatt

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 829 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:'13 C-Max Sel 303A

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

When I had the cmax for the weekend, remembering where the key fob was became downright scary lol. I knew it was on me because the doors unlocked but even still I would panic being unable to find it. Was it in my purse? My pocket??? Where is it?? I know when I have my own fob my house keys will be attached so I will know where it is. This was keeping track of two sets of keys.

On my Tahoe the doors will not lock if the keys are in the ignition. Anyone know if you can lock the fob in the car?

From the Manual

Smart Unlocks for Integrated Keyhead Transmitter
This feature helps to prevent you from locking yourself out of the vehicle if your key is still in the ignition.
When you open one of the front doors and lock the vehicle with the power door lock control, all the doors will lock then unlock if your key is
still in the ignition.
The vehicle can still be locked by pressing the lock button on the transmitter even if the doors are not closed.
If both front doors are closed, the vehicle can be locked by any method, regardless of whether the key is in the ignition or not.

Smart Unlocks for Intelligent Access Keys (If Equipped)
This feature helps to prevent you from unintentionally locking your intelligent access key inside your vehicle’s passenger compartment or rear cargo area.
When you lock your vehicle using the power door lock control (with the door open, vehicle in park and ignition off), after you close the door the vehicle will search for an intelligent access key in the passenger compartment. If an intelligent access key is found inside the vehicle, all of the doors will immediately unlock and the horn will chirp, indicating that the intelligent access key is inside.
In order to override the smart unlock feature and intentionally lock the intelligent access key inside the vehicle, you can lock your vehicle after all doors are closed by pressing the lock button on another intelligent access key or touching the locking area on the handle with another intelligent access key in your hand.
When you open one of the front doors and lock the vehicle using the power door lock control, all doors will lock then unlock if:
• the ignition is on, or
• the ignition is off and the vehicle is not in P.

Edited by zhackwyatt, 18 November 2012 - 03:05 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   RachelnLa

RachelnLa

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,128 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

Thanks so much!

#8 OFFLINE   salman

salman

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 259 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SE

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

I just had all my windows open by themselves for the second time.

The first time was one month ago, a day or two before i found my 12 volt system dead (i.e., battery dead - see those threads).

It just happened again today.

I do not believe it could have been from me accidentally pressing and holding the unlock button on the key fob. I've never had a problem with any other key fob. My wife's escape has remote start and we've never started it by accident or unlocked the doors by accident. The global power down feature for the C-Max windows requires holding the unlock button for a while. I don't see how this could happen by accident.

Anyone else have this happen?

#9 OFFLINE   FoutsNC

FoutsNC

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 170 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationApex, NC
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi 302A

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

I have not had this happen, yet there is a difference in the fobs between the Escape with remote start and the C-Max (at least ours are different).  I have actually unlocked my doors from my C-Max keyfob while it was in my pocket.  The unlock button on the fob is on the top of the fob and is fairly easy to depress accidentally.  The Escape is the 3rd button down and each button on that type of fob has to be depressed differently than the C-Max fob. Personally I would take the car into Ford though if you are pretty sure you didn't depress the button.  It might not be an issue with the car itself, it could be an issue with one of your keyfobs. 

#10 OFFLINE   salman

salman

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 259 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

started to do some research;

Ford has had global power down switches on other cars for several years, but at least sometimes they have had problems, In 2005 they discontinued the feature on Mustangs because windows were opening when it was not desired. See this thread: http://www.stangnet....ow-down.537302/

After 2005, Ford did not return the feature to Mustangs, at least through 2010: http://forums.themus...windows-483814/

Reports say that windows opened at odd times for no apparent reason.

Maybe they have not fixed the bug?

Seems to be used on the Focus and Fusion recently without problems. Hard to know what's gone haywire.

Edited by salman, 24 January 2013 - 08:34 PM.

#11 OFFLINE   orphoto

orphoto

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 10 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Vehicle:Ford CMax

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

I've had this happen 6 times now overnight, 3 of which were rainy.  Turns out to be a feature designed this way.  Push the unlock button on the key fob, release it, the push and hold it again for several seconds.  All the windows will roll down.  Turns out this process works brilliantly when the keys are in your pocket and you are bending over, squishing everything together.

My best guess is that people in hot climates can use this to roll down the windows and cool off the car.  Sadly Ford does not allow this "feature" to be deprogrammed or turned off.  Dealer checked out my electronics & reflashed the system, no change.

A partial solution is to reduce the number of large keys you keep on your keyring.

#12 OFFLINE   RachelnLa

RachelnLa

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,128 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

Rainy? Oh man, that is the pits! Sorry to hear that. Glad mine are in the bottom of my purse!

#13 OFFLINE   DaveofDurham

DaveofDurham

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 568 posts
  • LocationDurham NC
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAx SEL

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

Rainy? Oh man, that is the pits! Sorry to hear that. Glad mine are in the bottom of my purse!

You used to need to have your keys more readily available in case you needed to make a quick getaway.  Now you just need to have them in your bag or pocket and you're ready to escape go.

#14 OFFLINE   ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 1,408 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida
  • Current Vehicle:SEL, 303A, Panoramic Roof

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

You used to need to have your keys more readily available in case you needed to make a quick getaway.  Now you just need to have them in your bag or pocket and you're ready to escape go.

Plus, you can always hit the button to open the windows, and you can dive in to make an even faster getaway!

#15 OFFLINE   armoredsaint

armoredsaint

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL 302A/DRL

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

in Europe you can roll them back up holding the lock button on the Audis

#16 OFFLINE   CNCGeek

CNCGeek

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 309 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Vehicle:C-max hybrid

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:52 PM

Went out to my car today and found all the windows all rolled down, with a present from a bird splattered on the door card.  I last left it the previous night with the windows rolled up, and I did not do the keyfob press thing, I am sure of that.  I've only seen the windows auto roll down once before on their own (not due to the remote) and I think that was before the 12v battery died.  I'm a bit ticked off that this car does it's own thing sometimes, but happy that I did not have anything worth stealing in the car.

Edited by CNCGeek, 04 July 2013 - 10:54 PM.

#17 OFFLINE   MI C-max

MI C-max

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 55 posts
  • LocationMonroe MI
  • Current Vehicle:C-max SEL Hybrid

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:44 AM

I had this happen Thursday afternoon - I went out to lunch with co-workers, walked out to the C-max before them, key in my pants pocket.  Opened the door as usual (without taking the key out of my pocket, just grabbing door handle).  I didn't notice that I did anything unusual, but as I was sliding into the driver's seat I noticed all four windows were rolling down.  

When we got back to the Office I pulled the manual out and found that section on Global Window Opening - but I know I wasn't pressing on the unlock button on the key fob for 3 seconds.  I was wondering if maybe it was a combination of me grabbing the drivers door handle, while my co-workers grabbed their door handles at the same time ...

I too did some online research on the the Global Window Open feature - it appears that the Focus can roll down windows by holding the unlock button, and also roll up the windows by holding the lock button.  I've tried on the C-max, but it looks like the C-max only knows how to roll down the windows.

#18 OFFLINE   mnrobitaille

mnrobitaille

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 191 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationKahlotus, WA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 303A, Pano Roof

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

I had this happen Thursday afternoon - I went out to lunch with co-workers, walked out to the C-max before them, key in my pants pocket.  Opened the door as usual (without taking the key out of my pocket, just grabbing door handle).  I didn't notice that I did anything unusual, but as I was sliding into the driver's seat I noticed all four windows were rolling down.  

When we got back to the Office I pulled the manual out and found that section on Global Window Opening - but I know I wasn't pressing on the unlock button on the key fob for 3 seconds.  I was wondering if maybe it was a combination of me grabbing the drivers door handle, while my co-workers grabbed their door handles at the same time ...

I too did some online research on the the Global Window Open feature - it appears that the Focus can roll down windows by holding the unlock button, and also roll up the windows by holding the lock button.  I've tried on the C-max, but it looks like the C-max only knows how to roll down the windows.

I asked about the Global Closing on the C-Max at my servicing/selling dealership & was told that the module for Global Closing was not put in on the C-Max. 

I wonder how much it'd be to have it put in.

#19 OFFLINE   obob

obob

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 576 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:08 PM

After an update to SYNC a few month ago, things were weird, the leaves only had a few of them and they were not changing, and after parking I later noticed, the windows were all down and I didn't consciously leave them that way and haven't done that since.  I synced my phone once and then the leaves started to work and never had the windows go down on me.  I think it is unlikely I held the unlock, by I could have sat on them funny or something.  I mentioned it to the dealer and he just said he never heard of that.  

Edited by obob, 24 August 2013 - 09:10 PM.

#20 OFFLINE   MI C-max

MI C-max

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 55 posts
  • LocationMonroe MI
  • Current Vehicle:C-max SEL Hybrid

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:51 AM

I asked about the Global Closing on the C-Max at my servicing/selling dealership & was told that the module for Global Closing was not put in on the C-Max. 

I wonder how much it'd be to have it put in.

I wouldn't think the Global Close would require any additional hardware.  It would seem that the hardware/module required to roll them down, would also be the hardware/module to roll them up - just in reverse.  It seems to me that's just a function of the car's Operating System - recognizing that the lock button is being held for 3 seconds, then reverse the roll down motors.

I did notice that the key fob for the Focus that does the Global Close was different than the C-max smart key.  I would lean more towards the key fob can't do it, rather than something needing to be added to the car.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·